Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 10-10-2010, 02:39 AM
bilko

Thanks Uma
I drink peppermint tea often as well as dandelion and nettle so i have plenty around the house.
I'm gonna give that one a try with the exclusion of the milk as i haven't drunk milk for some time now.

Milk and mint make a wonderful combination though. Lol, there was even a time when i coined a phrase 'minty milk' by sucking on polos and drinking cold milk lol. It really is quite refreshing.
Hmm, maybe some finely ground black pepper as well, half a pinch.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:51 AM
bilko

Hi Dream Angel
It seems that Anise seed is also a bit of a cure all and lifter, also can be used as a narcotic apparently!
http://www.earthclinic.com/Remedies/anise_seed.html
The earthclinic site is awesome as it not only lists the natural remedies but also has testimonials for and against that have tried them out.
SO, Anise seed, cayenne, cacao bean, cinnamon
Seems we ARE making headway here into what potentially could be a very spiritual beverage
No wonder it was called the drink of kings as no ordinary person could afford to brew this up.

I wonder if there were rituals performed over and during the drink to infuse it and the drinker with intent etc.
Old 10-10-2010, 02:56 AM
Deactivated Account

A very spiritual drink indeed !

"I wonder if there were rituals performed over and during the drink to infuse it and the drinker with intent etc."

I think it might be your turn to do a little research on the above topic

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 12-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I found this googling, but I don't know, whatdyathink?

1631 - In 1631, the first recipe for a chocolate drink was published in Spain by Antonio Colmenero de Ledesma, an Andalusian physician, in his book, Curioso tratado de la naturaleza y calidad del chocolate (A Curious Treatise of the Nature and Quality of Chocolate). This was the first work to deal exclusively with chocolate and cacao. Don Antonio is said to have lived for some time in the West Indies. Since he was a doctor, he pays a great deal of attention to the dietary aspects of chocolate and was concerned with the psychological as well as the physical effects of the drink. He says, "Chocolate is healthy. It makes the drinker 'Fat, and Corpulent, faire and Aimiable'. It was an aphrodisiac. In women it caused fertility but eased delivery, etc., etc." </STRONG>The ingredients in the recipe were:
"Take one hundred cocoa beans, two chillies, a handful of anise seed and two of vanilla (two pulverized Alexandria roses can be substituted), two drams of cinnamon, one dozen almonds and the same amount of hazelnuts, half a pound of white sugar and enough annatto to give some color. And there you have the king of chocolates."

Sounds mouth watering...and yes authentic. Cocoa, vanilla, and chilies for certain and the others to add sweetness.
Old 15-10-2010, 03:56 AM
iolite

I believe the Aztecs did not put sugar in their cocoa. At least that was what I was told when we went to Cancun. Sometimes, I'm in the mood for really, really sweet cocoa and sometimes not too sweet. I'll put some cocoa powder in some milk and stir like crazy and add a little bit of sweetener, and then drink it by the spoonful until I can't stand it and drink it down. Yum.
Old 15-10-2010, 11:41 AM
Deactivated Account

just wondering, has anyone tried any of these cocoa recipes ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 17-10-2010, 04:36 AM
Deactivated Account

What is the purpose of posting these recipes if no one is going to try them ? lol !

Tonight I was looking for something different to drink,
so I decided to make the Mexican Hot Chocolate recipe and I must say, it is delicious !

The pinch of chili powder gives it a magical taste, difficult to describe and doesn't taste at all like a glass of Chocolate Chilli !
I even closed my eyes and this most handsome pirate, suddenly appeared in my vision ! Not exactly Johnny Depp , but a very close second, lol .

* word of warning ! Please do not try making this hot chocolate recipe if not fully awake, I almost put Curry Powder in my drink ! ewwwww !
I don't even like curry powder.

enjoy !!
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 14-11-2010, 08:28 AM
Animus27

Cayenne pepper is good in it too. Just be easy with it. I use cocoa, a little bit of honey, chili powder/cayenne to some milk and water. It's pretty good when you're in the mood for something different.
Old 16-11-2010, 10:12 PM
Deactivated Account

I wonder if one would notice the difference between putting in the cayenne pepper vs the chilli powder ?

Animus, have you tried it with both (not in the same cup of hot chocolate of course ! ) I mean each seperately ? and if so, do you have a preference of the cayenne pepper or the chilli powder ?

Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Old 16-11-2010, 11:24 PM
Animus27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
I wonder if one would notice the difference between putting in the cayenne pepper vs the chilli powder ?

Animus, have you tried it with both (not in the same cup of hot chocolate of course ! ) I mean each seperately ? and if so, do you have a preference of the cayenne pepper or the chilli powder ?

Dream Angel xx
I like them both. The chili powder is more mellow and earthy. I suggest you try them both and see which you prefer

Just make sure it's a small pinch, and then you can work your way up if there's not enough. lol