Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Divination > Pendulums and Dowsing

Old 18-01-2012, 03:56 AM
Solitary Faery

What kind of suspension are you using? Cord? Chain?
Old 18-01-2012, 03:59 AM
Solitary Faery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
hi journeyofone,

I have heard one shouldn't keep asking the pendulum the same question over and over.

Each time I start, I ask my pendulum which way for yes/ no/ maybe/ and noreply swings. I always get the same directions. And when it is really excited about an answer it swings really fast ! And there have also been times, when it doesn't swing at all.

Dream Angel xx

Yeah, you definitely shouldn't keep asking the same question over and over again. In fact, sometimes if you ask after a few lack of responses, "Is it okay if I ask...?" It will swing to no. I don't know why this is... I always give my pendulums instructions that they're only to answer and advise me for my better good, so perhaps maybe they won't answer certain questions because they would be more harmful than helpful. Also, like, DreamAngel said, every time you begin a session, ask which direction is yes. Then tell it, "Stop." Then ask which direction is no. Again, tell it to stop. Then ask, "May I ask a question?" If it swings to yes, go ahead. If it swings to no, then end your session and try again another time.
Old 18-01-2012, 04:04 AM
Deactivated Account

oh yes, thanks for the reminder to say " stop " between the questions. I do, I just forgot to mention that part. I remember the first time I told the pendulum to stop, I was amazed how quickly it did.

One time I talked a friend of mine into purchasing a pendulum.She chose the pendulum. She took it home and couldn't get it to swing at all ! so then I tried, same thing... It just didn't swing. She took it back to the store,and decided maybe she wasn't meant to have a pendulum.

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 18-01-2012, 04:14 AM
Solitary Faery

I've found that some pendulums just won't respond. Almost like they're refusing. I'm not sure why. Because at the same time, you can take a paperclip and put it on the end of some thread or tie thread to a coin or an earring and have a make-do pendulum that will work just fine. So obviously it's not the material it's made of... I don't know what it is exactly.
Old 18-01-2012, 04:17 AM
Solitary Faery

In just the last couple weeks, I bought a new pendulum, actually, and it wouldn't swing for me. It's a large piece of dark, tumbled amethyst in a round-ish arrow shape and hangs from a metal chain with another piece of amethyst as the ball for holding it at the end. I was pretty disappointed and decided I'd just use my rose quartz. All of a sudden, I had this urge to use the amethyst and all of a sudden it started working like crazy - swinging powerfully. I wonder if it sensed that I had given up on it and was going to give it away, not use it, use another pendulum over it? Lol. I know this is strange, to suggest that an inanimate object has some sort of consciousness, but that's definitely what it seemed like. Now I love that pendulum and I even carry it around in my pocket sometimes just to have it near me.
Old 18-01-2012, 04:22 AM
Deactivated Account

Yes, I found it very strange about the non responding. That has never happened to me before. Funny thing is when we were in that store, I was also looking at pendulums, not that I needed another one, I have about 3 or 4, but for some reason this one with a dragon on it caught my attention. I told myself no, I didn't need it, but for some reason I was feeling differently.. like I did need it, so I gave in and purchased it. The salesperson usually asks what color velvet pouch you want to go with your pendulum and before I could answer, the color " black " came out of my mouth ! Which surprised me as I usually choose blue. Strange I thought and then as I tried the pendulum out, I was swinging it upside down I felt so dumb, lol ! I knew the dragon part wasn't the actual pendulum.

Expect Miracles !

Old 18-01-2012, 04:26 AM
Deactivated Account

Very interesting on your new amethyst pendulum. Sometimes I do believe they have a mind of their own !

My first and favorite pendulum was actually a necklace with a medallion. I had been here in the wee hours of the am reading about pendulums and wanted to try this. Of course, all the stores were closed, so I checked out my jewelry box and found the perfect necklace that would work.

I used it a few times, then when I went to wear the necklace for work one day, the medallion broke ! I could still wear the necklace as it had a double medallion piece, then the chain broke ! I took those as a sign that my necklace now preferred to be used as a pendulum !

Expect Miracles !

Old 18-01-2012, 04:27 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitary Faery
What kind of suspension are you using? Cord? Chain?

were you asking journeyof one this question ?

Expect Miracles !

Old 18-01-2012, 04:32 AM
Solitary Faery

I have three. Each for a different purpose based on the stone. I have the amethyst one I mentioned for spirituality, enlightenment, feminine/moon energy and for issues in my spiritual life. I have a rose quartz with chakra beads along the chain which I use for anything relationship related as rose quartz is very emotional and having to do with peoples' interactions with one another. My third one is tiger's eye and I use it for clarity, "open eye," seeing through illusions and delusions, and for grounding. So I use the tiger's eye for advice on things I'm upset about and need grounding and clarity about, the rose quartz for advice in my love relationships, and the amethyst for things of spiritual nature and also when asking about my physical health.
Old 18-01-2012, 04:33 AM
Solitary Faery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
were you asking journeyof one this question ?

Yeah, I was. Some people really like cord but I find that it's stiff and harder to see small motions with as compared to using metal chains.