Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations

Old 04-12-2016, 03:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
When you begin seeing the bright side of things it becomes a habit.
You literally raise your (spiritual) vibration.
And you rewire your brain.
YES! Exactly...it becomes your new normal.
And it makes you more sensitive to how icky it feels to be negative.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 04-12-2016, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by loamm122
Wow that must be difficult to control,...
Hi loamm,
Nope, it really isn't.
When you practice it...you see that it is about as easy as seeing
a murderous TV show and switching the channel.
*click*

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 05-12-2016, 04:43 PM
Master
this thread comes at a opportune time for me. I've been feeling really blue, feeling really down, and feeling like the universe is against me.

I have tried in the past to start each day with a positive thought, and it worked for a long time. Lately, I haven't even tried. I've been wallowing in what is appearing to be too much on my plate to deal with.

I've lost my way. I feel myself going quick to anger, impatience, depression, the whole 9 yards.

today I looked up a positive thought to start my day. I think I need to go back and start doing that again. I need to bring the positive vibes back and push the dark clouds away...
Old 05-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobean
I need to bring the positive vibes back and push the dark clouds away...
Yay!
And when you do for, say, 5 days, you will suddenly discover
what amazing power your have to control your thoughts!
(Then, in turn your feelings.)

I find if we like our sadness...we simply can't make the shift, though
Something to notice and figure out...so it can be let go of.

Old 05-12-2016, 10:21 PM
Smile Stare at this all day !

Old 12-12-2016, 01:42 PM
Lorelyen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojobean
this thread comes at a opportune time for me. I've been feeling really blue, feeling really down, and feeling like the universe is against me.

I have tried in the past to start each day with a positive thought, and it worked for a long time. Lately, I haven't even tried. I've been wallowing in what is appearing to be too much on my plate to deal with.

I've lost my way. I feel myself going quick to anger, impatience, depression, the whole 9 yards.

today I looked up a positive thought to start my day. I think I need to go back and start doing that again. I need to bring the positive vibes back and push the dark clouds away...

To be honest there is no excuse for not starting the day positively.
Do you greet the morning? An adoration to the day? Do you give thanks to all the things in the world that give you your breakfast?
Did you remind yourself you're going to find something good about the day?

It hardly needs any self-discipline - just 5 minutes' worth of positive projection. If you can't even manage that then, yes, you're in a bad way.

Old 12-12-2016, 01:57 PM
Experiencer
you could spend some time on the web about what types of energy stealers there are and why they do it and how and see if that means some thing for you in some way
Old 13-12-2016, 07:57 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by loamm122
Wow that must be difficult to control, we tend to do it naturally. I think it would be really positive anyway, complaining is a form of seeing the obstacle, not the opportunity. Tell us how it went!

This is very true. We should always see the glass as half-full.
Old 13-12-2016, 09:07 AM
Lorelyen

There are all sorts of complaints, some positive and some negative.

Grumbling is usually negative.
Positive? When it acts as feedback. If you're short-changed in a shop for instance it could be a mistake - maybe not. We could give a string of instances where complaining could help a service provider and its clients or an employee we see running into avoidable trouble.

A glance at sellers' negative feedback on ebay reveals both grumblers and buyers unable to resolve a problem through seller negligence. It warns people like me.

So there seems little point in having a blanket purge on complaining - and just for two months which suggests an artificial behaviour that will revert in month 3. Better, surely, to assert that one won't grumble unnecessarily but won't rule out "good" complaining - and make that a lifelong pledge.

Old 13-12-2016, 10:01 AM
Master
So, I go to my physiotherapy session today and I ask my physiotherapist "how are you today?" to which she replies "can't complain, nobody listens anyway" to which I said "Isn't that a negative statement?" and she goes "not really".

It made me think about it though - do people really care?

What separates a 'whiner/attention seeker/drama queen' from a person who is crying out for help?

Isn't complaining saying "I need help, but don't know how to ask for it?"

I admit, I complain a lot, but I always feel like I got 'the short straw' this life and I don't know why...and it makes no sense to me when others say "well, make the straw longer then". This is highly illogical.

People also tell me they grow tired of my incessant whining and tell me to read those stories about 'The Girl Who Cried Wolf' and 'Chicken Little' saying "OMG, the sky is falling again".

What is the difference between a 'complaint' and an 'expression of dislike?' is there any difference between the two?

Are we not allowed to express any negative emotion because it is seen as being 'salty' or 'whiny' and so society teaches us to 'bottle it all up' and 'keep it to oneself' in accordance with the age-old saying "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"...so they bottle it up inside, grab a razor and start cutting themselves because it's the only way they can bring those emotions out when nobody seems to give a flying.....

How many people openly express gratitude, compared to how many people complain? if it is any indication, then tons more 'bad things' happen in their lives than 'good things' and it's a natural reaction to the human condition...people are entitled to complain and so they do...but they are usually confronted with yet another 'whine to the hand' moment.

I don't know if I would be able to go for 2 days without whining, let alone 2 months, but because my physiotherapist is right and 'nobody cares', I'm willing to also give it a try as of this post....if I can do it, anybody can do it.