Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Signs & Synchronicities

Old 26-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Master
Keep seeing lone magpies

In the past few days I must've seen four or five lone magpies; I knew seeing a lone magpie was significant but I couldn't remember the exact meaning, so I googled it, and, yep, it's one for sorrow. Balls... apparently seeing a lone magpie signifies that they've lost their mate, which cut pretty close to the bone because that's how I've been feeling for a while now :(

The other thing was, as I was walking home yesterday I heard music blaring out of this guy's car, and caught two lines - 'These wounds are all self-imposed/ Life's no disaster' (it's from a James song I love, called Waltzing Along). So I'm thinking this is the universe telling me to sit with my sorrow, which isn't something I really relish - but better in than out, I guess.
Old 26-05-2017, 11:02 AM
Deactivated Account
Hello, mate!

The answer is similar to your American Beauty quote, except without the slight aspect of self-deprecation in that message.

No amount of perceived beauty is really "too much" for one who is in the moment truly open to it, and no one of course really has a stupid little life. The third line is The Key:

Remembering to relax, stop trying to hold onto (or desperately letting go of, in some cases) the experience, and letting it "flow through you," letting your focus be on appreciation.

The true nature of synchronicity is that, even though it is often perceived by people that only certain special events are "synchronistic" to them personally, in actuality all space-time events are of equal significance to the Cosmic Mind that oversees everything. All events are thus equally synchronistic, regardless of personal opinion.

Another way of stating this is that the "Higher Self" or "Oversoul," one could say, sees no particular event as more relevant or important than another.

The number of magpies is not of core spiritual importance, nor someone else's interpretation of seeing lone magpies, but certainly your own mood and state of mind right before, during and after the experience are what is truly more revealing, which is where I believe you were essentially going with your post.

It helps to think and feel what you call "the universe" to be You, your Inner Being. This internalizes and integrates the idea of "the universe," for usually when people think of "the universe" as a guide, this is just another form of the old idea of a Father-in-the-sky type of god that gives signs or omens (which is a concept that may be useful for awhile for a seeker).

When hearing/reading/thinking "the universe," the human mind most often perceives a separation between the self and the universe, as if the universe is "out there," except in rare cases when one deeply understands that universe and self are One.
Old 26-05-2017, 11:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
Hello, mate!

The answer is similar to your American Beauty quote, except without the slight aspect of self-deprecation in that message.

No amount of perceived beauty is really "too much" for one who is in the moment truly open to it, and no one of course really has a stupid little life. The third line is The Key:

Remembering to relax, stop trying to hold onto (or desperately letting go of, in some cases) the experience, and letting it "flow through you," letting your focus be on appreciation.

The true nature of synchronicity is that, even though it is often perceived by people that only certain special events are "synchronistic" to them personally, in actuality all space-time events are of equal significance to the Cosmic Mind that oversees everything. All events are thus equally synchronistic, regardless of personal opinion.

Another way of stating this is that the "Higher Self" or "Oversoul," one could say, sees no particular event as more relevant or important than another.

The number of magpies is not of core spiritual importance, nor someone else's interpretation of seeing lone magpies, but certainly your own mood and state of mind right before, during and after the experience are what is truly more revealing, which is where I believe you were essentially going with your post.

It helps to think and feel what you call "the universe" to be You, your Inner Being. This internalizes and integrates the idea of "the universe," for usually when people think of "the universe" as a guide, this is just another form of the old idea of a Father-in-the-sky type of god that gives signs or omens (which is a concept that may be useful for awhile for a seeker).

When hearing/reading/thinking "the universe," the human mind most often perceives a separation between the self and the universe, as if the universe is "out there," except in rare cases when one deeply understands that universe and self are One.
Hello again, my friend!

Yeah I know what you mean about the quote, the last bit never quite sat right with me - but it's a beautiful quote all the same And you're not the first person to read my own sig back to me, I do need to keep it in mind more

I love what you said about all events being equally synchronistic, that's a profound observation, and you're absolutely right to say that it's my own state of mind right before, during and after the experience that is truly more revealing; I think people (myself included) can give too much importance to the 'sign' and lose sight of that to which it's pointing. I also love what you said about internalising and integrating the idea of 'the universe', because of course it isn't separate from us, though it may appear so to the casual observer.

Thank you so much for you input, dear awareness, it's greatly appreciated
Old 26-05-2017, 01:15 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
Hello again, my friend!

Yeah I know what you mean about the quote, the last bit never quite sat right with me - but it's a beautiful quote all the same And you're not the first person to read my own sig back to me, I do need to keep it in mind more

I love what you said about all events being equally synchronistic, that's a profound observation, and you're absolutely right to say that it's my own state of mind right before, during and after the experience that is truly more revealing; I think people (myself included) can give too much importance to the 'sign' and lose sight of that to which it's pointing. I also love what you said about internalising and integrating the idea of 'the universe', because of course it isn't separate from us, though it may appear so to the casual observer.

Thank you so much for you input, dear awareness, it's greatly appreciated

I so deeply enjoy interacting with you, man. Always a pleasure! Very welcome.
Old 26-05-2017, 02:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by awareness
I so deeply enjoy interacting with you, man. Always a pleasure! Very welcome.
Likewise, my friend, always a pleasure to interact with you
Old 26-05-2017, 05:25 PM
Ascender
I like seeing lone magpies myself... little rebels either choosing to do their own thing regardless of what we say they should be doing.. or just enjoying watching us freak out every time we see one on their own. Magpies must think humans are bonkers. Even magpies deserve some me time whatever their reason. It's when they all gathering together I start to worry!

Those lines of the song I absolutely adore!!! I need to give that a listen, to me it says we choose how we see life, how we view things plays such a huge part on our reality... i love seeing lonely magpies, however if I believed it was a bad omen it would probably affect my day for the worse- I would be looking for something bad to happen to prove my magpie theory right and indirectly manifesting a day of bad luck (while he laughs his tail feathers off). Tell yourself you will never heal and that is exactly what you will do- so be positive and see the love see the beauty and embrace all that there is in this crazy little world.. we can't change things but we can change how we view them dude.
Old 26-05-2017, 08:15 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
I like seeing lone magpies myself... little rebels either choosing to do their own thing regardless of what we say they should be doing.. or just enjoying watching us freak out every time we see one on their own. Magpies must think humans are bonkers. Even magpies deserve some me time whatever their reason. It's when they all gathering together I start to worry!

Those lines of the song I absolutely adore!!! I need to give that a listen, to me it says we choose how we see life, how we view things plays such a huge part on our reality... i love seeing lonely magpies, however if I believed it was a bad omen it would probably affect my day for the worse- I would be looking for something bad to happen to prove my magpie theory right and indirectly manifesting a day of bad luck (while he laughs his tail feathers off). Tell yourself you will never heal and that is exactly what you will do- so be positive and see the love see the beauty and embrace all that there is in this crazy little world.. we can't change things but we can change how we view them dude.
Yeah I've got to say, my first response was, 'Where's your mate you anti-social bugger, I want joy not sorrow!'

I do see what you're saying, but I just took it as a sign that there was a feeling I needed to acknowledge - not fight, just acknowledge. I don't view sorrow as a bad thing, actually I think it's a beautiful thing when you surrender to it
Old 10-07-2017, 09:31 AM
Master
I was checking my gmail on my phone, typed in the first part of my email address (first two initials and surname) when I was logging in and it auto-corrected to 'sorrowing'. Present-tense as well, just to underline the point (I didn't even know 'sorrowing' was a word, for goodness' sake, though I plan to use it any chance I get, now that I do ).

I had to laugh. Right before I cried