Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 07-05-2017, 03:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
You bring up a very interesting point of discussion, something in us has a plan already. The body knows what to do just as nature does. I'm in awe where we spend time arguing but as the example shows the body does not. How is it the body knows to do this stuff. This is also the bases of what defines right. If we could think like the body knowing would we know more able to put it into words. We already have information the body knows. Cause and effect may also be somewhat predetermined having a logic to them.
That's interesting I was just reading about how right and wrong are derived from emotions.

I've started practicing meditation again, guided by Thich Nhat Hanh. It's intersting how much focus is on the body. A westerner might wonder, how does focusing on my body help me to become spiritual? Isn't this lightweight stuff? I mean real spirituality is supposed to be things 'beyond' the body. The body is unspiritual, it gives things like carnal desires, beagtive emotions and ego, and we want to get rid of those things.

I saw it like this in the beginning too. This kind of thinking has been around in the West for a long time.. rooted in science and religion. Science sees emotion as primitive carryovers from our evolution and religion/spirituality sees it as unspiritual or ego. It seems to me like we're unnecessarily dividing ourselves. Kind of like how humans do with each other. We blame the body and feelings, yet don't really understand them very well. What if they're actually trying to help us and we're not listening?

What if we learned the language of the body, so we can know what it's trying to say when we have high blood pressure, a brain tumor, depression, or sociopathic tendencies? It's interesting in how the East sees things as chakras being blocked. It's been part of their view of biology for thousands of years. And now in the West we're just starting to learn how trauma is stored in the body and results all kinds of ailments. We used to thing it was spirits causing sickness, and we still think things like negative emotions are from some mysterious 'ego'. And psychology was also separated from the rest of the sciences, much like we separate things like morality and spirituality from the body.

In reality, we're not that advanced. Sure we can go to the moon, but we can't fix our heads -- depression, anxiety, PTSD, schizophrenia, etc. We're still very primitive, but it feels like we're slowly beginning to understand ourselves.

Last edited by Seawolf : 07-05-2017 at 04:32 PM.
Old 07-05-2017, 04:01 PM
Master

Biology is the study of life, and is not condensed to only matter, but more to what matters incl. spirituality Now for me the interesting thing is how the materialization of spirit becomes matter, thus it being the same, and to what degree different people perceives it, relates to it, translate it, filters it, or what one desires to call it