Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 16-10-2013, 01:38 AM
Pathfinder
Exclamation Need advice

On a conscious point of view, do you think accepting and just going along with your feelings, or rather, not resisting them, and allowing yourself to avoid uncomfortable state of being is in itself a weakness, or exactly what we are meant to do? Or should it be a choice in witch you are supposed to decide what feelings you want to manifest both for yourself and for everyone around you, even though you would be going against yourself, not only talking about those illusory ego sensations like pride, but also your point of view itself, atleast it feels like it wouldn't be me, if I decided to reject those impulsive feelings..

Hope it was clear, I'm a little ashamed to describe the problem straight forwardly, so please try to go along
Old 16-10-2013, 01:46 AM
silent whisper

As a predominate feeler myself, I embrace all feelings, when I feel them. They are just how I feel and I take responsiblity for them. The more I feel and let go of those feelings calling out to be felt, the more in tune with my true nature of expressing and sharing I become. To me my feelings actually empower me, not weaken me.

If you go against your feelings, you really are only denying yourself of being true to you.

Sometimes when we overanalyze how we feel, we lose sight of exactly it is we feel. Staying present with feelings as they arise allows you to honour each one and feel your presence that lies behind them.

I hope I have understood what you were explaining and I hope this helps you..
Old 16-10-2013, 02:29 AM
Knower

I'm not sure what we are meant to do.. I think it all depends on what you're holding in. I for onemdon't know how to deal with strong feelings. And I have to agree with the above post. You have to embrace them and understand why you're feeling the way you are. But it takes time. Certain situations can make you close yourself. I know I have and its hard to open up to people and even harder to open up to yourself. Especially if you done it for a while it becomes natural. But at the same time you're surpressing it which turns out to you having to deal with that emotion at a later time. My boyfriend on the other hand has to express each and every feeling and to me sometimes I don't feel like you must express each and every feeling. I see it as being very emotional and it can be very overwhelming. I might be off sorry if I misunderstood you.

I have an Angel on my shoulder but a devil in my head. Kaskade

"The challenge is to be yourself in a world that is trying to make you like everybody else."
Old 16-10-2013, 02:51 AM
bearspirit

I personally, am also a feeler, and in order to move forward I need to recognize whatever feeling I am in at the moment - otherwise I'm just burying it beneath something else.

I allow myself to sit in my feelings, recognize what it is, and use that to move forward. AND give yourself the time and space to feel those feelings - don't beat yourself up for feeling anything. Feel what you need to feel, with no shame, and move forward with light!
Old 16-10-2013, 05:34 PM
Suspended
Go with your feelings. Avoid poor state of being. Go ahead be Proud. That what life is all about.
Old 16-10-2013, 08:48 PM
Declan L

Can i guess? You have a crush on a friend, who is a guy (making you gay?) OR supposed to just be a friend (but you've developed some feelings other then friendship towards her?) :P

It's up to you, how you see it fit. It's not always relevant to let our feeling known to others when they can cause upsets or disputes.
Example: Crying in public.