Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 29-12-2015, 07:08 AM
Suspended
Guide
There is no convergence of the two

Belief systems require nothing except belief. That is why there are some 200,000 religions. Either all of them are wrong or 99% of them are wrong. Beliefs diverge, hence the 10,000 flavors of Christianity alone.

In science, there may be many hypotheses in a new field or in a field with limited data, but over time, as more data comes in, hypotheses converge into a unified theory.

In spiritual matters, all you have is personal experience, cultural programming and belief with no hard data.

There can be no meeting.
Old 29-12-2015, 07:15 AM
Raven Poet

DesertTrek! Yay! I'm so glad you posted here!

I really agree with you. I do. It's hard to argue fact.

Is it wrong for me to assume, then, that you as a person do carry a belief around spirituality? Because you're on a spiritual forum, so that's why I'm assuming this.

Are you comfortable sharing a little bit of your belief system here? It's just because you sound so strong in your belief about science, I am curious to know what you might think about Spirit.

But if you don't want to, that's okay. No harm, no foul.
Old 29-12-2015, 08:29 AM
Suspended
Guide
Hey RP,

Thanks for the warm welcome.

I do not believe in belief. Any system I carry is a shadow of cultural indoctrination as a youth. Other than that I require a significant body of evidence.

If something is immaterial then it cannot interact with the material plane; and if it can, then if can be witnessed and measured and falls under the purview of science and empiricism.

Saying that, why am I here? Do a search on the Soulmate and Twin-Flame forum on my earliest thread for my story. I will make it brief here. I am a late middle-aged man who had long given up on dating, then I met a woman who literally blew my heart wide apart just by her being, and I have been trying to make sense of it ever since.

The psychological and the spiritual explanations both got some parts right and some parts wrong and I am on a journey for a full and cohesive hypothesis.

Just meeting one person was in some ways more profound than my deepest LSD trip and the most significant event of my adult life. I am curious beyond measure to know if I just had a mental/emotional breakdown or if I had a genuine metaphysical experience. I have no history of mental illness or drug or alcohol abuse.

I am not jumping to conclusions either way as at this time, I have insufficient data.

Spock out!
Old 29-12-2015, 09:22 AM
Master
Mind is the convergence, the crossover of soul, mind, and body. There is soul-mind, and body-mind.
Soul-mind is knowing without reason. Body-mind is knowledge with reason. Both us the mind.

A belief is a mental agreement that something is true, regardless of whether it is a knowing or a knowledge base.
Old 29-12-2015, 11:09 AM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitor
Mind is the convergence, the crossover of soul, mind, and body. There is soul-mind, and body-mind.
Soul-mind is knowing without reason. Body-mind is knowledge with reason. Both us the mind.

These types of flat assertions hold no meaning to a scientist. If you are being poetic, then fine. If you are attempting to be factual, then you have demonstrated absolutely nothing. Opinions carry no weight as data points and are disregarded by the scientist as they should be.
Old 29-12-2015, 11:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTrek
These types of flat assertions hold no meaning to a scientist. If you are being poetic, then fine. If you are attempting to be factual, then you have demonstrated absolutely nothing. Opinions carry no weight as data points and are disregarded by the scientist as they should be.
Then what data do you have for spirit? If you don't have any, then what data are you hoping to find in SF?
Old 29-12-2015, 11:34 AM
Suspended
Guide
What are you hoping to achieve by making unsupported statements? I can easily make an opposite statement, and then what? How do we determine which, if either, is true?
Old 29-12-2015, 11:43 AM
Master
Why are you avoiding my questions?
Old 29-12-2015, 03:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DesertTrek
Belief systems require nothing except belief. That is why there are some 200,000 religions. Either all of them are wrong or 99% of them are wrong. Beliefs diverge, hence the 10,000 flavors of Christianity alone.

In science, there may be many hypotheses in a new field or in a field with limited data, but over time, as more data comes in, hypotheses converge into a unified theory.

In spiritual matters, all you have is personal experience, cultural programming and belief with no hard data.

There can be no meeting.

Mainstream science is a fraud and a joke. They like to say there is no convergence.

Then you get spiritual people who are scientists like Bruce Lipton, Gregg Braden and Nasiem Haramein, who bring science and spirituality beautifully together.
Old 29-12-2015, 05:03 PM
Suspended
Guide
Quote:
Mainstream science is a fraud and a joke.

And yet, here we are communicating, not through telepathy, but through magical devices created by such a "fraud", as are almost all the of the luxuries you enjoy daily.