Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > North American Indigenous Spirituality

Old 27-06-2015, 10:17 PM
Newbie ;)

Leader of Sioux Nation Issues Dire Warning to Unite Globally

hief Arvol Looking Horse, spiritual leader of the Lakota, Dakota, and North Nakota tribes of the Great Sioux Nation, facilitated the 20th annual World Peace & Prayer Day/Honoring Sacred Sites ceremonies from June 18-21 in Ashland, Oregon. Looking Horse is revered worldwide for being the Keeper of the 19th Generation Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe Bundle. Over the four days, 1,000 participants gathered at Howard Prairie Lake to pray for world peace and healing of the earth....
By Jane Ayers

26 June 15

Read more here: http://readersupportednews.org/opini...unite-globally

(Edited by SF Staff.)
Old 28-06-2015, 04:28 PM
Experiencer

Thankyou fro posting the link.. /i have read some of Lookimg Gorse's wisdom and fears for the future of Mother Earth. When I have a little more time I will read the resr...
Old 30-06-2015, 11:18 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by makwaiskwew
hief Arvol Looking Horse, spiritual leader of the Lakota, Dakota, and North Nakota tribes of the Great Sioux Nation, facilitated the 20th annual World Peace & Prayer Day/Honoring Sacred Sites ceremonies from June 18-21 in Ashland, Oregon. Looking Horse is revered worldwide for being the Keeper of the 19th Generation Sacred White Buffalo Calf Pipe Bundle. Over the four days, 1,000 participants gathered at Howard Prairie Lake to pray for world peace and healing of the earth....
By Jane Ayers

26 June 15

Read more here: http://readersupportednews.org/opini...unite-globally

(Edited by SF Staff.)

Thank you for sharing that link - so much wisdom.

Many Blessings...

Qkev
Old 29-08-2015, 03:35 AM
NyctoTwoSpirits

I have read the words in that warning, and I have fear for those of the U.S. country. Our government is corrupted, there's no arguing that.. but what it is I fear, is that the corruption could pose a danger to us all.. The U.S. government puts into textbooks only what science can "prove", and schools make this out to be some sort of "be it all end it all" and today's children are being taught to believe only what they read or see in front of them. There is a system in place, referred to as the "mental health system", and often times people who are different are placed into this system and medicated to fit a social standard of "normal". I fear this could pose a danger to open mindedness.

I know what I'm talking about may not sound relevant to this topic, but I'm feeling an overwhelming urge to say it here, and I feel it is far more relevant than it may seem. Its one of my "gut feelings" that simply come to me, and they come to me for reasons, I have learned over time.
Old 31-08-2015, 09:06 PM
Suspended
That was a large article, I didn't manage to take it all in.

Concerning the state of the world, I don't believe that there is enough understanding, that too many people seem to have faith in a society that doesn't work. A global society that seems only to take & destroy on many different levels, but shows little in the way of caring for life.

It is also a shame that, in my view, too many people do not understand what sin is. Some say that there is no such thing as sin, that it is all spiritual experience, yet every single thing is sacred & holy. The things we do & say to each other, the food we eat, & the things that we buy, nature itself!

It's sad that too many people don't seem to recognise Mother Nature as a Spirit. I've spent time in her company & she is one of the most loving beings that I've ever met, she has a very powerful level of love, but she is very very sad; I saw her face! She weeps because she knows that her children are ignorant, they don't care for her, and they are destroying her.
Old 31-08-2015, 09:26 PM
Administrator
I Have heard this before only a few days ago.people of all nations should take note not just the Native People as was said to me ,I was bought up to respect mother earth and to give thanks for all she gives us.this is what I have taught my own kids.i have many Native American friends and they keep me up to date.i live in the uk but have Native blood in me.
its the same all over the world men have no respect for Nature only what they can take from it. mother earth will be here long after im gone but it does make you wander what state it will be in.

Namaste
Old 01-09-2015, 02:17 AM
Ascender

A man does not own the land, he did not inherit it from his forefathers. He's borrowing it from his children.
Old 08-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
I Have heard this before only a few days ago.people of all nations should take note not just the Native People as was said to me ,I was bought up to respect mother earth and to give thanks for all she gives us.this is what I have taught my own kids.i have many Native American friends and they keep me up to date.i live in the uk but have Native blood in me.
its the same all over the world men have no respect for Nature only what they can take from it. mother earth will be here long after im gone but it does make you wander what state it will be in.

Namaste

What's the rest of your blood? Are you full Native American living in the UK?

I don't think men are to blame for all of this, it's the economic system and the whole machine. Sweeping away trees and forests to make way for factories, farming (which isn't natural but has been around for thousands of years) and waste.

Mother Earth is far too powerful and can easily wipe out humanity for being so parasitic.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Experiencer

Making the planet untenable seems to be a human trait..
I have noticed the similarities in the current Migrant/ Refugee crisis... Similarities to the mas migrations of whole tribes under the so called Indian Removal Act, compares to the 'Cherokee Trail of Tears' and 'The Navajo long walk.'.. The Sioux trekking right up into Canada etc... The World is in turmoil and it is not just the Mother Earth, itself, it seems to be Humanity bent of destroying its self.. Where will it end? Have they learned nothin?? .
Old 09-09-2015, 06:35 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Wolf Medicine Woman
Making the planet untenable seems to be a human trait..
I have noticed the similarities in the current Migrant/ Refugee crisis... Similarities to the mas migrations of whole tribes under the so called Indian Removal Act, compares to the 'Cherokee Trail of Tears' and 'The Navajo long walk.'.. The Sioux trekking right up into Canada etc... The World is in turmoil and it is not just the Mother Earth, itself, it seems to be Humanity bent of destroying its self.. Where will it end? Have they learned nothin?? .

I hear you. Humans are supposedly the most intelligent of all species yet somehow we always manage to be our own worst enemy. If the numbers of all the humans killed by other animals regardless of whether it was an accidental killing or not were added together it would be no where near the number that men have killed themselves. Intelligence, what a blessing.