Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 09:27 PM
Makoorakoo

Man killed God

looking at views of christians i see that there are many conflicting ideas about god. Consider this, perhaps these different ideas and arguments killed the original god and so god may have become everything yet it seems he is unable to make a big booming voice like you see on television XD, ok but on a serious note it seems that God has lost the amazing infinite power (not saying i dont have faith) and can now only be heared by "miracles" or signs. I would love to see what arguments people come up with for this post as thinking about these things may bring better light to the minds of those who dwelve deep.

peace out
Old 06-09-2006, 12:03 AM
Light Mage

It would seem that man's ideas about God are flawed, and humanity is just projecting the qualities they would like God to have, regardless.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:43 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Mage
It would seem that man's ideas about God are flawed, and humanity is just projecting the qualities they would like God to have, regardless.

I agree with what you say there Light Mage.
To answer the threads question, I believe that ALL life is an extension of God, or Source.

By the way, is that a picture of Yuna from Final Fantasy 10, Light Mage?
Old 06-09-2006, 01:08 AM
Light Mage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kundalini
By the way, is that a picture of Yuna from Final Fantasy 10, Light Mage?
Yes it is, it's Yuna spherechanging into a White Mage from Final Fantasy X-2.

I identity with the White Mage character from the Final Fantasy series, and the light, so it was natural to combine them into "Light Mage" as it rhymes.

Last edited by Light Mage : 06-09-2006 at 01:12 AM.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:24 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light Mage
Yes it is, it's Yuna spherechanging into a White Mage from Final Fantasy X-2.

I identity with the White Mage character from the Final Fantasy series, and the light, so it was natural to combine them into "Light Mage" as it rhymes.

Ah, I never played Final Fantasy X-2. I played most of the others though. My favourite in the series were FF7, FF8 and FF9. I was a massive fan of the games. I used to post regularly on a final fantasy forum some years back. My username was 'Lionhart' I seem to remember, in tribute to Squall Lionheart of FF8. Yes, it's a good name you have picked. Gives a cheerful impression!

Kundalini.
Old 06-09-2006, 01:45 AM
BLAIR2BE

Color

I Believe Labeling God As "he" Totally Contradicts The Nature Of God. Regarding "hearing" God, If One Can Feel The Energy Of Another, Or The Energy From A Stream, Or The Energy Of A Spring Day; Then One Is Feeling God. If One Can Hear The Birds Sing; Then You Hear Gods "voice". Dogmatic Practice Is So Very Restrictive; And It Is Apparant, Makoorakoo, That You Are Already Aware Of This. The "original" God Is Still Here. The Arguments And Varying Ideas Of God Have Been Attemps To: Explain God, Provide A "convenient" God, Even Manimulate The Masses. God Is everything - everything Is Vibratory And energetic - God Is energy - everything Is God.
I Think People Find The Dogmatic Faiths Comforting Because They Make God Manlike Thus Easier To Grasp. All Spiritual Focus Can Then Aim At Worshiping God And Following The Good Book. To Me, Its Not Quite That Simple. Not That Im Bashing Christianity- There Is Alot Of Information In The Bible And Paralell Texts
Old 06-09-2006, 03:56 AM
kundalini

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAIR2BE
I Believe Labeling God As "he" Totally Contradicts The Nature Of God. Regarding "hearing" God, If One Can Feel The Energy Of Another, Or The Energy From A Stream, Or The Energy Of A Spring Day; Then One Is Feeling God. If One Can Hear The Birds Sing; Then You Hear Gods "voice". Dogmatic Practice Is So Very Restrictive; And It Is Apparant, Makoorakoo, That You Are Already Aware Of This. The "original" God Is Still Here. The Arguments And Varying Ideas Of God Have Been Attemps To: Explain God, Provide A "convenient" God, Even Manimulate The Masses. God Is everything - everything Is Vibratory And energetic - God Is energy - everything Is God.
I Think People Find The Dogmatic Faiths Comforting Because They Make God Manlike Thus Easier To Grasp. All Spiritual Focus Can Then Aim At Worshiping God And Following The Good Book. To Me, Its Not Quite That Simple. Not That Im Bashing Christianity- There Is Alot Of Information In The Bible And Paralell Texts

I agree with you BLAIR2BE. There are many good things to be found in all the religions of the world, however, without sounding anti-religious, man throughout time has exploited religion to gain power over the masses and to create monetary gain.

By the way BLAIR2BE, could you do me a favour as I need assistance in the PRAYER! ! ! thread in the Spiritual Development section. Your input would be most useful as I require some answers, thanks very much!
Old 06-09-2006, 11:38 AM
lumas

Hello light mage IMO no God has most definitly not lost his infinite power it is just that infinate even now more higher souls are taking up enbodyment to help in this spiritual movement as i have said in many threads there is a vast shift in spiritual awareness people are waking up to the fact that their old beliefs are not working for them, even the most horendous acts of terroism are giving people a wake up call and are showing millions that we cannot continue to destroy the world and each other so to once again answer your qustion NO GOD HAS NOT LOST HIS INFINITE POWER....
Old 06-09-2006, 12:07 PM
dreamer

God is the element from which all things are made, if this is what you mean by Gods infinite power then how could it ever be lost?

If not then what do you mean by Gods infinite power?
Old 06-09-2006, 04:03 PM
Smiley

er....
God made man in his image (im assuming not in teh phisical sence but in the subtle way) - Therefore man is of God

God gave man his breath which gave man life- Man has the life of god

If there is no one on earth to beleive in God, does God exist? hmmm wit out belief god cant exist

Bit of a rounda bout thing

Niche- "God Is Dead"
God- "Niche Is Dead"
Closed Thread