Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 28-10-2010, 04:34 AM
TzuJanLi

'ISness"

Greetings..

There was once a thread called "ISness"
It took-off like nobody's business
Then they all said
the thread would be dead
For Truth instead was their fondness..

I find 'isness' to have less baggage and attachment than 'Truth', describing a situation that 'is'.. as in: water 'is' wet..

Be well..
Old 28-10-2010, 08:52 AM
Master
At least there is no danger on this one of being told the irony of making noise, coz I guess noise is part of the 'isness' isnt it?

Having just said that, Im not sure what you mean by 'isness'. Could you clarify? Is there a difference for you between isness and Life?

The word 'is' is also worth exploring I think. When we say 'grass is green' what I think we are saying is 'grass eternally exists as green'. So the word 'is' very much creates an trick sense of permanence when we use it. It doesnt allow for ever changing. It creates a sense of truth and fact. If I say 'Bob is a genius', it sounds like a truth and a fact, when actually these things are subjective and open to interpretation. The reason we argue and debate is because of this word 'is', because when we use it, it sounds like we are stating a truth, when to someone else, it might not be a truth. In this sense, perhaps its ALL truth.

I reflected last night on something. In the last couple of days I have noticed that when irritation arises, if I step totally and fully in the person's shoes that I am irritated with and look through their eyes, it is impossible for me to be angry with them in that moment. Essentially because I am in full 'understanding' of them.

Without this word 'is' I think there would only ever be a full understanding. The word 'is' creates these artificial boundaries BETWEEN our understandings. 'This is my understanding, and that is your understanding'. I feel that if peace is a goal, then it really is helpful not to take our own understandings too seriously. Easier said than done though. Maybe this message in itself will trigger an irritation for you or for someone else. Its that word 'is' again. Without it, no conflict.
Old 28-10-2010, 09:35 AM
Master
andrew its just a word.
i think finding contradiction is easy if you're looking for it. since the mind is always split in duality, there is always a polar side to side with and another polarity to argue with.

you wanna know where conflict is coming from?

Last edited by hybrid : 28-10-2010 at 09:40 AM.
Old 28-10-2010, 09:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
andrew its just a word.
i think finding contradiction is easy if you're looking for it. since the mind is always split in duality, there is always a polar side to side with and another polarity to argue with.

you wanna know where conflict is coming from?

Yes, its a word. But one that is central to the human experience of identification. It reveals a lot.
Old 28-10-2010, 09:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Yes, its a word. But one that is central to the human experience of identification. It reveals a lot.

what if he use parabrahman? you think the identification would simply drop away?
Old 28-10-2010, 09:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
what if he use parabrahman? you think the identification would simply drop away?

I dont think identification drops away through being silent or swapping words. Though actually there are vows of silence taken by some and I can see why.

However, I do think that seeing the way these things work is helpful.
Old 28-10-2010, 10:30 AM
Master
Its the word of 'the moment' andrew ... it describes nowness perfectly lol
Old 28-10-2010, 10:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

There was once a thread called "ISness"
It took-off like nobody's business
Then they all said
the thread would be dead
For Truth instead was their fondness..

I find 'isness' to have less baggage and attachment than 'Truth', describing a situation that 'is'.. as in: water 'is' wet..

Be well..

And water doesnt need reminder that its character is wet lol ... great thread Tzu
Old 28-10-2010, 10:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Its the word of 'the moment' andrew ... it describes nowness perfectly lol

Yes....isness, nowness.....kind of the same thing maybe....maybe one is more about space and the other is more about time. Im not sure actually.

'the isness of the moment' is something that I can imagine possibly being said. Maybe

'the nowness of all things ' is something that I can imagine possibly being said. Maybe

Last edited by andrew g : 28-10-2010 at 10:39 AM.
Old 28-10-2010, 11:05 AM
Master
The isness of nowness
And water is wet
My head is imploding
The unwiser I get