Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-04-2012, 01:03 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
Since you are looking at ways to refine the assessment of this "wording" situation, which is seen and played by many, my thoughts are only to add two more words to the collection; rejection , surrender

mj
Cool.. from my perspective, i 'reject' attachments to beliefs.. and, i 'surrender' to simply observing 'what is happening'..

If someone says they have a plan to subjugate many people for the benefit of a few, i reject that plan..

I surrender my beliefs and my thoughts, for intervals of clarity where the mind is still and quietly observant.. for intervals where i can see 'what is actually happening', rather than what i 'think' is happening..

Be well..
Old 21-04-2012, 01:13 AM
Master
TzuJanLi ....There are those that insist a collection of words, specific arrangements and specific words, are absolutely true and represent the Ground State of Being, some of these collections are: 'Love is all there is', and.. "love itself", and.. 'boundless silence', and.. "awareness becoming aware of itself", and.. non-duality...

Hopefully, someone will at least refine the assessment of the situation..

My view is... when we object to someone's use of words and style of speaking, it's a purely subjective response... sometimes covered by justification of notions about "right and wrong" ways to express ourselves... and it's likely to be hiding a hidden layer of discomfort for an unconscious reason.

As others have said, when I feel resistance it's a sign for me to stop and breathe, and let go of my mind's reactions... to surrender in that moment.

Xan

Old 21-04-2012, 01:44 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
..., i 'reject' attachments to beliefs...

Are you saying, by example, that the rejection you have is to the attachment a person may have to their beliefs, because in the example you gave, a few can benefit at the expense of many. This to me makes sense at a first observation, the concept of rejection is an action againt a "preconceived" idea that the sufferring of many should not benefit a few.

My question: Is your rejection "preconceived" or does it have the ability to alter by adding clarity or additional information? It seams to sound wholly preconceived without the ability to be altered.

For me, the act of "rejection" is not always preconceived, which is the opposite of what Humm, appears to be saying with the statement ..."Consequently, they start with a preconceived idea of what they are looking for, and simply Reject any experience that arises that does not fit their a-priori assumption."...

For me there is "preconceived" rejection and a "learned" rejection. The preconceived rejection appears to be an act of thinking what will happen, verses, a learned rejection being closer to the actual experience.

mj
Old 21-04-2012, 01:47 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
TzuJanLi ....There are those that insist a collection of words, specific arrangements and specific words, are absolutely true and represent the Ground State of Being, some of these collections are: 'Love is all there is', and.. "love itself", and.. 'boundless silence', and.. "awareness becoming aware of itself", and.. non-duality...

Hopefully, someone will at least refine the assessment of the situation..

My view is... when we object to someone's use of words and style of speaking, it's a purely subjective response... sometimes covered by justification of notions about "right and wrong" ways to express ourselves... and it's likely to be hiding a hidden layer of discomfort for an unconscious reason.

As others have said, when I feel resistance it's a sign for me to stop and breathe, and let go of my mind's reactions... to surrender in that moment.

Xan
Hi Xan: Would you agree that any word, if agreed to by the participants, is sufficient to describe a particular experience?

Be well..
Old 21-04-2012, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
where i can see 'what is actually happening', rather than what i 'think' is happening...

i would say I STRIVE to see ' what is actually happening' rather than what i 'think' is happening.

the usage of the word strive is to make an allowance upon myself that there is the possibility that what i see as what is actually happening may not be what is actually happening. in this way, i won't be so sure that the others are entirely wrong.
Old 21-04-2012, 03:37 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
i would say I STRIVE to see ' what is actually happening' rather than what i 'think' is happening.

the usage of the word strive is to make an allowance upon myself that there is the possibility that what i see as what is actually happening may not be what is actually happening. in this way, i won't be so sure that the others are entirely wrong.
I am not sure or unsure that others or wrong or that i am right.. i only advocate observation for the the purpose of observing what 'is'.. what is certain, is that when one is looking for 'something', their focus is limited and exclusionary.. if one is looking for 'love itself', even when they believe 'all is love', their mind and awareness has no other options, no freedom for limitless potential to reveal itself.. so, i don't even strive really, i just look..

Be well..
Old 21-04-2012, 03:42 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathew James
Are you saying, by example, that the rejection you have is to the attachment a person may have to their beliefs, because in the example you gave, a few can benefit at the expense of many. This to me makes sense at a first observation, the concept of rejection is an action againt a "preconceived" idea that the sufferring of many should not benefit a few.

My question: Is your rejection "preconceived" or does it have the ability to alter by adding clarity or additional information? It seams to sound wholly preconceived without the ability to be altered.

For me, the act of "rejection" is not always preconceived, which is the opposite of what Humm, appears to be saying with the statement ..."Consequently, they start with a preconceived idea of what they are looking for, and simply Reject any experience that arises that does not fit their a-priori assumption."...

For me there is "preconceived" rejection and a "learned" rejection. The preconceived rejection appears to be an act of thinking what will happen, verses, a learned rejection being closer to the actual experience.

mj
It is an observation of past experiences, each new experience reveals its own appropriate interaction..

Be well..
Old 21-04-2012, 05:46 AM
BodhiChan

TzuJanLi,

Hopefully you started this thread because you recognize that you yourself has hijacked a number of threads due to being "hung up" on words or word meanings or perceptions thereof. There: now I said it.

So let's just "go with the flow" of the words that everyone chooses to use to express themselves shall we?

Namaste,

Bodhi
Old 21-04-2012, 09:25 AM
Buzz

From what I have seen in places such as this, there are always a few who like the idea of wordplay as swordplay. It really isn't designed to be much more than just a way to prop up their own egos by winning a game of semantics. It is a level of game that is redundant in these times, surely we are moving beyond the mind enjoying the smell of it's own farts?
Old 21-04-2012, 10:47 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiChan
So let's just "go with the flow" of the words that everyone chooses to use to express themselves shall we?
Forgive my curiosity, but.. when people express hate, or when people seek to dominate or subjugate others through 'words', do we validate those activities by 'going with the flow'?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodhiChan
Hopefully you started this thread because you recognize that you yourself has hijacked a number of threads due to being "hung up" on words or word meanings or perceptions thereof. There: now I said it.
I recognize that i have interacted with posters to inquire of the intention behind the words.. it's interesting how few of those interactions result in a sincere dialogue.. it's much more about the beliefs than the words, it's about how posters state that their beliefs are 'the' authoritative resource for a particular word or phrase, and how if you don't agree, you simply haven't ascended to their self-approved level.. There: now I said it..

Be well..