Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-04-2018, 02:10 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Because I've wasted too many years on religion when I was still a Christian, and in truth it never improved my life or answered my prayers at all. I have learned that it is extremely toxic to devote your life to something that in the end turned out to be a major disappointment.

i can tell satan has lead you to feel this way, and he's so happy! remember... he led Eve to disobey Jehovah God's words with a lie. the lie that they will NOT die, and were are they now....dead! you said when you were a christian, it never improved your life. what you thought that once you became a christian your life will become perfect? did you NOT read what Jesus had said? (Matt. 10:22 And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endure to the end shall be saved). we will go through hard times ,(2Cor. 4:8-9 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed).

ALL of had prayers that seem to take a while before they were answered. Jehovah answers when HE!... feel the time for responding, not when we want it. patience and faith is a virtue. also who were you praying to, because Jesus told us to PRAY to his FATHER. making his name Holy, (Matt.6:9), not to Jesus. though Jehovah will use Jesus to respond for him ,(John 14:13,14 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it).

it's NOT the religions in which we should follow, but the words of Jehovah God. also you wanted religion to "improve your life?" it's NOT for any religion to "improve" ones life, it's OUR JOB to improve our lives, especially spiritually. you're allowing satan to make you put the blame on NOT yourself. satan is keeping you from understanding that in the End, NOT "devoting your life to something"... Jehovah God and Jesus. will cause you to lose your life. satan has lead you off the "straight and narrow" path my friend, find your way back before it's too late!. peace
Old 03-04-2018, 03:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo50
i can tell satan has lead you to feel this way, and he's so happy! remember... he led Eve to disobey Jehovah God's words with a lie. the lie that they will NOT die, and were are they now....dead! you said when you were a christian, it never improved your life. what you thought that once you became a christian your life will become perfect? did you NOT read what Jesus had said? (Matt. 10:22 And you shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endure to the end shall be saved). we will go through hard times ,(2Cor. 4:8-9 We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed. We are perplexed, but not driven to despair. We are hunted down, but never abandoned by God. We get knocked down, but we are not destroyed).

ALL of had prayers that seem to take a while before they were answered. Jehovah answers when HE!... feel the time for responding, not when we want it. patience and faith is a virtue. also who were you praying to, because Jesus told us to PRAY to his FATHER. making his name Holy, (Matt.6:9), not to Jesus. though Jehovah will use Jesus to respond for him ,(John 14:13,14 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it).

it's NOT the religions in which we should follow, but the words of Jehovah God. also you wanted religion to "improve your life?" it's NOT for any religion to "improve" ones life, it's OUR JOB to improve our lives, especially spiritually. you're allowing satan to make you put the blame on NOT yourself. satan is keeping you from understanding that in the End, NOT "devoting your life to something"... Jehovah God and Jesus. will cause you to lose your life. satan has lead you off the "straight and narrow" path my friend, find your way back before it's too late!. peace

Ok so for failing to understand his so ever mysterious and unexplainable ways he'd condemn me to forever be poked by a red skinned man with a pitchfork? Then again, back in the old testament he demanded the slaughter of innocent children so perhaps it shouldn't be too much of a surprise...
Old 04-04-2018, 09:49 AM
Master

jojo you seem to be advancing your own particular interpretation of Jesus as the only one that is correct.
this is not unusual!
But when people disagree it's not that they always are attacking God or whatever, they just don't agree with your interpretation

I think should separate things out, Jesus over here... people's interpretations of him over there.

Slayer, in the Old Testament the priesthood was influenced by the world around them, and the tribal conception of God. That stuff just isn't the truth
It was an 'attempt' at purity and attaining something higher + being able to win over your enemies + obey the priests
All that OT stuff isn't on target with the truth at all, but an early attempt at it
I mean God does not change... when Jesus says 'mercy not sacrifice' that was true way back too, but men didn't understand it and thought God wanted/needed it. They began to shift their views over time
That process hasn't finished yet!
Old 04-04-2018, 03:53 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Ok so for failing to understand his so ever mysterious and unexplainable ways he'd condemn me to forever be poked by a red skinned man with a pitchfork? Then again, back in the old testament he demanded the slaughter of innocent children so perhaps it shouldn't be too much of a surprise...

it's not because one "fails to understand" him, because it's to him as though one doesn't understand. and Jehovah God doesn't punish ANY for their ignorance of him. it's because one CHOOSES not to want to understand. in others words, one who does not want to get to know Jehovah God ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths).

allowing satan ,ones self or other humans to direct them down the path that WILL lead to death. (Pro. 1:28-31 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me. For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD. They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices).

his ways ONLY seem to be a "mystery" and "unexplained" if we don't get to know him. just like Jesus, once we get to know his Father, we will then understand his ways. and understand what we didn't at one time ,(Psa. 25:14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant). he doesn't mean fear in the sense of being a bully. but in the sense of wanting to obey him. Jesus said it means life that we get to the one true God, (John 17:3).

you said you were a "Christian", please tell me you don't really believe satan has a "pitch fork" and is "red"! because those are lies created by man. again... we blame God for our own doing. the flood, the slaughter of innocent children. why did those babies had to die?... because of the PARENTS! remember Noah and his family didn't die. why not, because he obeied Jehovah's laws. and brought his kids up to do the same.

if the parents are living fowl, so will the kids, because they seen it from their parents, and their surroundings. and in our time, they learn to live a debaurched life by means of social media, tv, music ,etc. those kids, if those kids then and now are left to survive. they could grow up more worst than their parents. also who are you to judge God? and guess what, just like then so will be now. and since you have anger against him, why not Jesus?

because it will be JESUS... who will be doing the destroying of ALL those who's disobedient, (Rev. 19:11-15 "Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God").

he will bring peace to his people soon, can you do better than that? again!... you are allowing satan to control you. your focus shouldn't be on what Jehovah God did in the past. it should be more on what will happen soon. and what do i NEED to do in order to survive! ask yourself this question if that God was such a bad God. why do he bless me with the ability to wake up each morning? life is a gift from God ,not something we could do for ourselves. you need to put yourself in check, your anger at Jehovah God, WILL cause you your life, even if you do believe in Jesus. peace
Old 04-04-2018, 04:39 PM
Master
Quote:
it's not because one "fails to understand" him, because it's to him as though one doesn't understand. and Jehovah God doesn't punish ANY for their ignorance of him. it's because one CHOOSES not to want to understand. in others words, one who does not want to get to know Jehovah God ,(Pro. 3:5,6 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths).

allowing satan ,ones self or other humans to direct them down the path that WILL lead to death. (Pro. 1:28-31 Then shall they call upon me, but I will not answer; they shall seek me early, but they shall not find me. For that they hated knowledge, and did not choose the fear of the LORD. They would none of my counsel: they despised all my reproof. Therefore shall they eat of the fruit of their own way, and be filled with their own devices).

his ways ONLY seem to be a "mystery" and "unexplained" if we don't get to know him. just like Jesus, once we get to know his Father, we will then understand his ways. and understand what we didn't at one time ,(Psa. 25:14 The secret of the LORD is with them that fear him; and he will shew them his covenant). he doesn't mean fear in the sense of being a bully. but in the sense of wanting to obey him. Jesus said it means life that we get to the one true God, (John 17:3).

you said you were a "Christian", please tell me you don't really believe satan has a "pitch fork" and is "red"! because those are lies created by man. again... we blame God for our own doing. the flood, the slaughter of innocent children. why did those babies had to die?... because of the PARENTS! remember Noah and his family didn't die. why not, because he obeied Jehovah's laws. and brought his kids up to do the same.

if the parents are living fowl, so will the kids, because they seen it from their parents, and their surroundings. and in our time, they learn to live a debaurched life by means of social media, tv, music ,etc. those kids, if those kids then and now are left to survive. they could grow up more worst than their parents. also who are you to judge God? and guess what, just like then so will be now. and since you have anger against him, why not Jesus?

because it will be JESUS... who will be doing the destroying of ALL those who's disobedient, (Rev. 19:11-15 "Now I saw heaven opened, and behold, a white horse. And He who sat on him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness He judges and makes war. His eyes were like a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns. He had a name written that no one knew except Himself. He was clothed with a robe dipped in blood, and His name is called The Word of God. And the armies in heaven, clothed in fine linen, white and clean, followed Him on white horses. Now out of His mouth goes a sharp sword, that with it He should strike the nations. And He Himself will rule them with a rod of iron. He Himself treads the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God").

he will bring peace to his people soon, can you do better than that? again!... you are allowing satan to control you. your focus shouldn't be on what Jehovah God did in the past. it should be more on what will happen soon. and what do i NEED to do in order to survive! ask yourself this question if that God was such a bad God. why do he bless me with the ability to wake up each morning? life is a gift from God ,not something we could do for ourselves. you need to put yourself in check, your anger at Jehovah God, WILL cause you your life, even if you do believe in Jesus. peace

'If the parents are living fowl, so will the kids, because they seen it from their parents, and their surroundings. and in our time, they learn to live a debaurched life by means of social media, tv, music ,etc. those kids, if those kids then and now are left to survive. they could grow up more worst than their parents. also who are you to judge God? '

I surpose we could ask who are you to judge Parents and their Kids, this type of attitude makes me soooooo grateful that my God is not equal to yours....
Old 04-04-2018, 08:22 PM
Master
Many would argue that Christianity is NOT a religion.
Look at the Jewish leaders, Who God Almighty worked through... to send the Lamb of God to His execution, and prophesied atonement,
FOR THE SALVATION OF THE WHOLE WORLD!

The Jews practiced, "religion"."
You must do this, this way. You must do that, that way...
You can eat this, you cannot eat that...
Absolutely no work on the Sabbath, of any kind!

But? Jesus stated, "The sabbath was made for man, not man for the sabbath"!

"It's not what goes into a person that corrupts them, but what comes out." !

You begin to see the difference?
Jesus came and taught of the love of God for humankind!
Stating, "Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you." !!!
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, mind, and spirit."
"This is the whole of the law, and the prophets."

Everything else is "Religion", and incidental.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-04-2018, 01:42 PM
Master

Quote:
because it will be JESUS... who will be doing the destroying of ALL those who's disobedient

Luke 9
The people there did not welcome him, because he was heading for Jerusalem. When the disciples James and John saw this, they asked, “Lord, do you want us to call fire down from heaven to destroy them?” But Jesus turned and rebuked them
Jesus said to them, 'You do not know what kind of spirit you are of, for the Son of Man did not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them."

No-one doubts the concept of divine justice, but Revelation is really hard to take literally and the more you do it, the further the Jesus of the gospels appears different. Revelation is just one book, you have to balance all the others as well
It comes down to where you place the emphasis
That is your own choice
If the whole world suddenly believed the book of Revelation was literally true you wouldn't like it, the world would end for sure as we killed each other thinking who has got the mark of the beast and who hasn't and what the heck does it all mean!
But if the whole world believed the gospel of John was true there would be peace
Christianity has the best piece of apocalyptic literature ever written yes but it is really a difficult thing to integrate and make peace with
Old 06-04-2018, 02:27 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
'If the parents are living fowl, so will the kids, because they seen it from their parents, and their surroundings. and in our time, they learn to live a debaurched life by means of social media, tv, music ,etc. those kids, if those kids then and now are left to survive. they could grow up more worst than their parents. also who are you to judge God? 'I surpose we could ask who are you to judge Parents and their Kids, this type of attitude makes me soooooo grateful that my God is not equal to yours....

sad! did you see me say that i am the one who judges the "parents and their kids"? did you not understand again... it was Jehovah God who "JUDGED" those people, not me? and if your "God" is Jesus... well guess what, he will soon do the same EXACT THING, when the Armageddon comes. because it's Jesus who does ALL that his FATHER ask of him, (John 5:30 I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me). and has been given total control ,(Matt. 28:18 Jesus approached and spoke to them, saying: “All authority has been given me in heaven and on the earth).

(Rev.6:16,17 And said to the mountains and rocks, Fall on us, and hide us from the face of him that sitteth on the throne, and from the wrath of the Lamb. For the great day of his wrath is come; and who shall be able to stand? sayings of Jesus).

see also (Rev. 19:11-15 And I saw the heaven having been opened, and lo, a white horse, and he who is sitting upon it is called Faithful and True, and in righteousness doth he judge and war. and his eyes are as a flame of fire, and upon his head are many diadems having a name written that no one hath known, except himself. and he is arrayed with a garment covered with blood, and his name is called, The Word of God. And the armies in the heaven were following him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen white and pure. and out of his mouth doth proceed a sharp sword, that with it he may smite the nations, and he shall rule them with a rod of iron, and he doth tread the press of the wine of the wrath and the anger of God the Almighty).

so again, if you're referring to Jsus, it will be HIM... who will do the destroying of the wicked, if the REFUSE to obey his Father, both "Parents and their kids!" peace
Old 06-04-2018, 02:44 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin

No-one doubts the concept of divine justice, but Revelation is really hard to take literally and the more you do it, the further the Jesus of the gospels appears different. Revelation is just one book, you have to balance all the others as well It comes down to where you place the emphasis That is your own choice If the whole world suddenly believed the book of Revelation was literally true you wouldn't like it, the world would end for sure as we killed each other thinking who has got the mark of the beast and who hasn't and what the heck does it all mean! But if the whole world believed the gospel of John was true there would be peace Christianity has the best piece of apocalyptic literature ever written yes but it is really a difficult thing to integrate and make peace with

i understand that and also understand that NOT all of Revelation is to be taken literally. as well as the many books of the bible. but also Jehovah God does speak in a literal sense. Revelation says, there will be no more death and tears, that's "literal". the wicked and the false ministers, will be destroyed, it's "literal". and referring to other books to balance what the book of Rev, says concerning the wicked, being destroyed. what did Jesus say?... (Matt. 5:5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth). this is "literal". where are the wicked?, they're destroyed!

now i know to not take literally, Jesus coming on a white Horse to destroy those who refuse to obey his Father, he doesn't need to. he doing his destruction from Heaven. just as Jehovah God did in the days of old. and!... if what Revelation concerning destruction of the wicked, including "Parents and Kids", is not to be taken literally. then one must conclude that 8 was NOT... the only SOULS, who survived the flood. again, it was an literal act ALL died "Parents and their kids". peace
Old 06-04-2018, 03:11 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Not gonna lie here, but your bible thumping and fear mongering attitude isn't going to help me understand (your) god any better at all. Yes, I've been a Christian for years and I don't owe you any explanation or details how my life has been and why I stepped away from Christianity. Also, dont get the wrong Idea. I don't like infants... They're creepy, ugly as hell and alien-looking. But killing them simply because their parents (really all of them?) messed up at some part just crosses the line. Going by that faulty logic of yours, it's also okay to execute a baby of a convicted criminal then? How do you know they would grow up worse than their parents? I'm pretty sure that this god if he is really benevolent could've at least taken them in and raised them as good people, but that's the main issue here. The god of the old testament is always angry, vengeful, jealous, and murderous without mercy. I can't even find a tiny shred of love in the old testament, only negativity. How the heck does he expect people to understand him like that? Not really a great move if he wants to be understood... If you really think I'm ''possessed'' by Satan for merely questioning that which is legibly questionable from a moralistic point of view then I'm afraid there's no way of reasoning with you, so expect this to be my final reply.