Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 05-03-2018, 08:59 AM
Deactivated Account
I'm really not sure why any enlightened being would want to go to heaven... a place where the God in charge is quite comfortable with burning the majority of souls in an eternal lake of fire...
I can't imagine that heaven would be a place free from fear... I wouldn't trust my 'father in heaven' if I'd witnessed such brutality and lack of compassion against his own children.

If I lived with a father who threatened my brothers and sisters that if they were naughty they would suffer an eternity of pain - but promised me eternal life so long as I was 'good' or because i belonged to a special class of children...I don't believe my trust in my father would be very strong... why should I believe that such a God wouldn't cast me out of heaven the minute he decides I am unworthy of his narrowly defined definition of so called 'love'.

In fact knowing my temperament I would become a fierce defender of my siblings even in the event of death because I know what real paradise is...
It is a place where I am guided by love and where my brothers and sisters are loved even if they themselves choose to reject that love.

Real love defends my right to live in love.
Real paradise is a place where I always have a second chance in love.

This fella in the sky which fear based religions promote sounds an awful lot like another fella...

One which those same religions warn everyone to turn away from... the narcisit 'Anti - Christ'.
Old 05-03-2018, 11:48 AM
boshy b. good

a alfa dogged "sneaky"
danger be planted out
of heaven

'no big deal.'

Last edited by boshy b. good : 05-03-2018 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-03-2018, 12:42 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
Well god wrote his own bible and willingly chose to manifest himself in the OT as a totalitarian and murderous tyrant who demands people to be killed for the smallest things, therefore he shouldn't be so surprised when we don't like what we read about him. By the way, just because the OT was written back in times we don't relate to doesn't make everything more excusable.

Slayer dude, i can see what your saying
i just don't have a good answer for you
a wonderful and loving deity is my experience that's all I know
i can't explain anything about why the OT is harsh, that question doesn't really bother me cause it distracts away from what we found that he is loving
better just to let others within and outside Christianity duke it out and let them get on with it not worrying about anything. once you get involved in disagreements you get sucked down. so a non-answer from me ;)
Old 05-03-2018, 12:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowayout
History is not a dream but the historical facts point out that there has been a history... in fact!

The promise of this reality is that everyone gets to live the reality they believe in. It is a great wonderful thing, it is. And no B&J is not bad for my health. Maybe yours if that is what you decide. Plus science already validates that all potential possibilities exist all at once; one of the things that is worth pointing out here is the Mandela Effect, how some remember living in a reality where he died in prison, how this were written in the history books... yet here we are, and that is not the history that is considered the real one. So who knows what histories they once told, and if they are aligned with the ones we tell now a days. But it is great love that we come here, and get to live whatever we believe in.
Old 05-03-2018, 02:05 PM
Master

Careful Emerald, you're getting dangerously close to Jesus here, and he might send you on a mission. would that be such a bad thing?

what i wonder about, is questioning things is ok so far as it goes but isn't presenting alternatives but that needs a source to get them from and a far greater endeavour. I wonder if eventually that will happen and we will see something more like you wish to see as regards our conception of God's nature take shape

i thought what you wrote about souls and tribes was interesting
I don't think about these levels of detail though, although it strikes me if we are unified (which I believe) our progression is tied to each others somehow. we can't fully return on our own. this is communal. which is a striking thought
we assume we can operate independently of each other, but why should that be so?
i do admire your breaking things down into a schema but what i have been led toward is the simplicity of re-union itself, the wedding itself, the spiritual experience of this alone itself, worship of God, and intentional avoidance of knowing the details, not because they can't be known or any of that, just that these get in the way of the simpler and most essential things cause we are not in any place we can agree on anything but the simplest things
given all this the fascinating thing becomes how communally we can integrate essential things first which would solve a lot of problems here
its more like a basic engineering problem
Old 05-03-2018, 04:33 PM
Master
So what we have here is a collage of disaffected and misinformed, perpetuating fraud.

Perpetuating a perspective which I've attended to repeatedly. Those who are honest followers of Truth can review my posting history.

Pray for the dishonest, and disaffected.
Time is short.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-03-2018, 04:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by theophilus
It is clear that you never really understood what God is like. We have all come short of his expectiations and we all deserve to be condemned to Hell. Rather than treating us as we deserve to be treated, he allows us to live and has sent his Son to die and then rise from the dead to atone for our sins. Anyone who repents and puts his faith in Christ will experience an eternity of fellowship with God that he doesn't deserve rather than eternal punishment in Hell which he does deserve. God loves us in spite of our sins, but whoever rejects Christ is rejecting God's love and so must experience God's justice.

Well put Theo!

Here are angry and hateful people who declare that the the Almighty is. Why?
What does the Word itself say about them? Aside that they are wayward?

In part they are not among the regenerated, don't really believe in eternity, and consider this temporary world as the primary reality.

"There is no place in this new kind of physics for both the field and matter, for the field is the only reality." - A. Einstein
Old 05-03-2018, 07:47 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' The bible teaches--144,000 are promised heaven '

These prediction have always puzzled me since childhood, can you explain please...
who will be counting the lucky ones?

I prefer the ' Kingdom of heaven is within ' no need for calculating then.

The bible promises==Gods kingdom rule is coming to the earth. Jesus taught us to pray for that. Jesus will wipe out every govt on earth at Har-mageddon--Rev 16, Daniel 2:44-- Gods kingdom rule begins and will never end.
Old 05-03-2018, 08:03 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
Careful Emerald, you're getting dangerously close to Jesus here, and he might send you on a mission. would that be such a bad thing?

what i wonder about, is questioning things is ok so far as it goes but isn't presenting alternatives but that needs a source to get them from and a far greater endeavour. I wonder if eventually that will happen and we will see something more like you wish to see as regards our conception of God's nature take shape

i thought what you wrote about souls and tribes was interesting
I don't think about these levels of detail though, although it strikes me if we are unified (which I believe) our progression is tied to each others somehow. we can't fully return on our own. this is communal. which is a striking thought
we assume we can operate independently of each other, but why should that be so?
i do admire your breaking things down into a schema but what i have been led toward is the simplicity of re-union itself, the wedding itself, the spiritual experience of this alone itself, worship of God, and intentional avoidance of knowing the details, not because they can't be known or any of that, just that these get in the way of the simpler and most essential things cause we are not in any place we can agree on anything but the simplest things
given all this the fascinating thing becomes how communally we can integrate essential things first which would solve a lot of problems here
its more like a basic engineering problem

Haha yes... you make an interesting point about the simplest of things... perhaps learning the simplest thing of living together peacefully is challange enough.

I do have two quite distinct sides to me lol - the rich and annalytical airy side which likes to think and break everything down for fun haha.

And the deeply spiritual side which dwells blissfully in the complete simplicity of unity!

Haha... plus I get presented many things from spirit and my curious nature likes to pull it all apart...
Put it back together and then pull it all apart again in different way.

Thankfully the part of me which dwells in the peace of unity... just observes all of this pulling apart from a curious state of love.

Ultimately none of it really matters to me though... for remembeing and being fully embraced by the love from the kingdom of God within is completely adequate!

My only mission today is breakfast, coffee and training for a 6 day hike lol... that seems like plenty haha
Old 05-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47
The bible promises==Gods kingdom rule is coming to the earth. Jesus taught us to pray for that. Jesus will wipe out every govt on earth at Har-mageddon--Rev 16, Daniel 2:44-- Gods kingdom rule begins and will never end.

So if the different people who wrote the bible promised, who will be counting.... Will it be the person who promised? I wonder why they decided 144,000 and not 150,000, round numbers would be easier I think

Yes I agree Gods kingdom is coming to earth, it's already here, Jesus said...
' The kingdom of heaven is within '