Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 03-12-2017, 05:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Hello Mr I.

Just popped up to say g'day.

Chur Bro! The pussy cats and me say hi too!
Old 03-12-2017, 05:58 PM
Master
And Howdy lamit! I appreciate you giving these lovely questions for us to play with.

Keep having fun! S.
Old 03-12-2017, 11:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Interesting
And Howdy lamit! I appreciate you giving these lovely questions for us to play with.

Keep having fun! S.

Yes here's a question.

Why is it that you are so patronising about those who choose NA? Is it not possible to see that seekers vary and that should they find NA suits them, it is not some state they need to recover from once they discover and take on some TA practise that they currently regard as unecessary:)
Old 04-12-2017, 12:39 AM
Master
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Anatta is one of the three Dhamma seals in Buddhism which characterize all Buddhist teachings, it's not a "general rule."

Ajahn Sumedho:

Further, and more to the point, which you have continued to side step post after post:

Buddha taught that to hold that there is a self or there is no self are both wrong views. Buddha did not teach anyone that they and other people did not exist. You mistake mindfulness for robotism and keep promulgating this view as Buddhist, when it is not. I understand it is a subtle error and an easy one to make.

Thanissaro Bhikkhu:

This is why I said it's not the length of your quips that was responded to, it's the accuracy, and it has nothing to do with accepting it. It's a very easy mistake for a self practicing Buddhist to make, especially when you've read some.

BT

Ok, accept that which you find more suitable.
Old 04-12-2017, 09:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Yes here's a question.

Why is it that you are so patronising about those who choose NA? Is it not possible to see that seekers vary and that should they find NA suits them, it is not some state they need to recover from once they discover and take on some TA practise that they currently regard as unecessary:)

Oops. am I? (patronising) I wouldn't have thought so... I am critical, I found Eckhart Tolle exceedingly useful but, of the people I've known who've read him... it didn't seem to help them much. NA is kinda, in my view, the icing on the cake... not cake, in that you do somewhat need to have some progress made already, and if as you suggest they then discover TA, no problem, thats good. Recover from? Back track a little maybe.
Old 04-12-2017, 10:18 AM
Master

Quote:
Oops. am I? (patronising) I wouldn't have thought so... I am critical, I found Eckhart Tolle exceedingly useful but, of the people I've known who've read him... it didn't seem to help them much. NA is kinda, in my view, the icing on the cake... not cake, in that you do somewhat need to have some progress made already, and if as you suggest they then discover TA, no problem, thats good. Recover from? Back track a little maybe.

Patronising nonsense typical of some TA supporters. Not all thankfully. Some realize that One size does not fit all and accept that they do not know, cannot know, the characters that select a solution different to their own, and that all solutions are acceptable and valid for those that select them.
Old 04-12-2017, 11:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Chur Bro! The pussy cats and me say hi too!

Ba'cat'cha, from the Shihtzu and the Retriever.
Old 04-12-2017, 12:20 PM
Master
I miss my little Shihtzu who died about a year ago. =/