Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-04-2018, 05:45 PM
Master
Communion - A Mystical Perspective...

26 While they were eating, Jesus took bread, and when he had given thanks, he broke it and gave it to his disciples, saying, “Take and eat; this is my body.” 27 Then he took a cup, and when he had given thanks, he gave it to them, saying, “Drink from it, all of you. 28 This is my blood of the[a] covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins. 29 I tell you, I will not drink from this fruit of the vine from now on until that day when I drink it new with you in my Father’s kingdom.” 30 When they had sung a hymn, they went out to the Mount of Olives.

The words are describing in symbolic terms the meaning of true communion. Jesus is describing an advanced form of light transmission (or shared oneness/presence), similar to guru/divinity yoga. Historically, there have been two main different types of transmission. First, earth or Mother energy often called Shakipat (leading to Kundalini). And second, sharing of presence (or knowledge) which momentarily create a state of "clarity of mind".

In communion, the "body" represent body/mother energy or "Kundalini". The "blood" represents spirit energy or "state of knowledge". In Christian terms, the state of knowledge is often also called "the peace that passes all human understanding". Bringing together both components greatly accelerates overall human development because you have the "kundalini" force pushing ongoing "clarity" rapidly forward, while the guru/master provides an ongoing "sharing" of peace (mental clarity) to help protect from the normal issues that can come from kundalini. This shared clarity or peace is also why many Christian's will describe a "top down" rather than a "bottom up" feeling to energy/kundalini.

In more esoteric gnostic christian texts, it is often call things like the "bridal or marriage chamber". As in the Gospel of Thomas...

75. Jesus said, "There are many standing at the door, but those who are alone will enter the bridal suite."

Also, from the Secret Gospel of Mary...

12. Disciples of Mary said to her, “We are going on a pilgrimage to the holy land so we might see where you and the Lord lived.” Mary said to them, “The holy land is wherever a child of Light goes, and it is where the child of Light abides. The holy land is where the Anointed and the soul are joined, it is the bridal chamber.”

23. Mary spoke, and said, “There is baptism, chrism and wedding feast, and there is the ransom and bridal chamber. Baptism is water, chrism is fire and the ransom is earth. The wedding feast is the air, for in the Spirit we shall meet the Anointed on the Day of Joy, and then the element of the bridal chamber shall be fully revealed. Everything the Lord accomplished he accomplished in a mystery, and the Anointed Bride is the mystery.”

48. Mary taught her disciples, saying, “The Aeons of Light are the handmaids of the Bride at the wedding feast, and the best man is the Son of Adam at the wedding; in the bridal chamber the soul acquires intimate acquaintance with the Anointed and becomes the Anointed. Until that time, sing and dance and rejoice, for it is to those who abide in joy that the Shekinah comes, and it is through her that you will enter the bridal chamber.”
Old 24-04-2018, 11:09 AM
Master

the reality of the union is simple, it's the image of the babe in the womb connected via umbilical cord. This is all any of the sacraments were about they are just different ways of expressing the same thing. baptism, bridal chamber, eucharist, redemption, etc

the religious dogma of the religions on the one hand and on the other the mystical hidden 'secrets' and levels of spiritual attainment - these both lead people astray, but they sell a lot of books. There is no hidden secret only man leading man astray. Everything is visible in nature how it works.
Old 24-04-2018, 02:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
the reality of the union is simple, it's the image of the babe in the womb connected via umbilical cord. This is all any of the sacraments were about they are just different ways of expressing the same thing. baptism, bridal chamber, eucharist, redemption, etc

the religious dogma of the religions on the one hand and on the other the mystical hidden 'secrets' and levels of spiritual attainment - these both lead people astray, but they sell a lot of books. There is no hidden secret only man leading man astray. Everything is visible in nature how it works.

Thank you but I don't think Jesus was referring to a umbilical cord.

Nor do I think Jesus referring to the light was a reference to the Sun.

Thank you for your post.
Old 24-04-2018, 07:36 PM
Master
Quote:

' the image of the babe in the womb connected via umbilical cord. This is all any of the sacraments were about '

Can you explain please what the above has to do with the Sacraments?
Old 24-04-2018, 09:28 PM
Master
Hmmmm..........I was raised Catholic and always got the impression that communion was basically nothing more than ritual cannibalism.....

'Take it and eat it, for this is my body' " etc etc...... (Matthew 26:26)

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 25-04-2018, 02:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky 1
Hmmmm..........I was raised Catholic and always got the impression that communion was basically nothing more than ritual cannibalism.....

'Take it and eat it, for this is my body' " etc etc...... (Matthew 26:26)

It is much in line with what John was talking about.

Matthew 3:11
I baptize you with water for repentance, but after me will come One more powerful than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and with fire.

True baptism is much more than a ritual of being put underwater.
Old 25-04-2018, 02:19 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
' the image of the babe in the womb connected via umbilical cord. This is all any of the sacraments were about '

Can you explain please what the above has to do with the Sacraments?

baptism is immersion in the spirit, by having it poured in
eucharist is filling with the spirit, by consuming
bridal chamber is union with the spirit, by contemplation
these seem to me different ways of sacramentally achieving something similar, the end result is a kind of permanent connection to God through the Holy Spirit
what is the point of sacraments if they don't bring something like this?
I think that originally Jesus connected these with levels of attainment to his teachings, even the early church didn't admit converts till they thought they had good reason to want baptism
Old 25-04-2018, 03:47 PM
Master
Quote:
baptism is immersion in the spirit, by having it poured in
eucharist is filling with the spirit, by consuming
bridal chamber is union with the spirit, by contemplation
these seem to me different ways of sacramentally achieving something similar, the end result is a kind of permanent connection to God through the Holy Spirit
what is the point of sacraments if they don't bring something like this?
I think that originally Jesus connected these with levels of attainment to his teachings, even the early church didn't admit converts till they thought they had good reason to want baptism

We can agree to disagree
Old 04-05-2018, 04:52 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
The words are describing in symbolic terms the meaning of true communion. Jesus is describing an advanced form of light transmission (or shared oneness/presence), similar to guru/divinity yoga. Historically, there have been two main different types of transmission. First, earth or Mother energy often called Shakipat (leading to Kundalini). And second, sharing of presence (or knowledge) which momentarily create a state of "clarity of mind".

In communion, the "body" represent body/mother energy or "Kundalini". The "blood" represents spirit energy or "state of knowledge". In Christian terms, the state of knowledge is often also called "the peace that passes all human understanding". Bringing together both components greatly accelerates overall human development because you have the "kundalini" force pushing ongoing "clarity" rapidly forward, while the guru/master provides an ongoing "sharing" of peace (mental clarity) to help protect from the normal issues that can come from kundalini. This shared clarity or peace is also why many Christian's will describe a "top down" rather than a "bottom up" feeling to energy/kundalini.

The "shared oneness/presence" is about as beautifully simple as it can be described. Thank you for capturing that.

To enhance the mystical description a present moment perspective is useful. Communion is not temporal it is eternal.

As a mystic I interpret that there are no levels or divisions in communion as we are all one in Christ and the spirit of communion is whole and complete. However the church as well as other Christians may consider this blasphamy. Perhaps better to be safe than sorry and to honor the virtue of restraint.

The word "knowledge" implies a static non-living mental construct whereas "Knowing" is a closer description of the living essence of communion.

While perhaps the energy does essentially take the form of Kundalini the focus of communion emphasises the shared presence rather than the individual forms and effects.

Contemplation of this thread has been helpful for me to identify aspects of Christianity that are in alignment with my inner understandings. So I appreciate because it is important to allow me to reclaim what I have lost along my journey. The "Communion of Saints" is the closest to my understanding, especially when enhanced by "shared oneness/presence" and extended to include the living presence of God and of the Saints.
Old 12-05-2018, 07:22 PM
Master
Personally
I feel like Jesus was for one trying to have one last intimate meal with his friends but also as their Teacher trying to transfer the awareness, the psychic sense, Consciousness he had. Communion is knowing Yourself, fully aware of yourself , and taking in the Other and God, it’s an unity between yourself, others and God
That connection can not be kept 24 /7 as humans but if we start from that awareness first, first with Love, kindness. taking in the other person in every moment we are connected, we are in God

Jesus was in constant full communion with God and other humans when he lived.
He was like us in the sense that he was a spiritual being having a full human experience. No strings attached. Free will and all- tested and tried. But Jesus was also born or incarnated with a full knowledge of what he had to become.

Even when the leper in Mark kinda aggravates him he still did the loving thing to save him. Jesus was very psychic. Maybe he knew the leper wasn’t a good person or maybe he was feeling tired that day but he KNEW that only compassion and love could he become the Christ.

Christ was just a title in the medieval times for the spiritual awareness, “anointed by God”, Psychic Seer , or full Consciousness. Some call it christ consciousness now.

Jesus wasn’t like some super enlightened person out of the womb. He still had to evolve into that, but the difference between ALL humans who have lived including the greatest saints and seers, jesus was born with a downloaded All Knowingness of that Awareness, of Enlightenment, Consciousness, divinity, etc
As Catholic Church says he was conceived with the Beatific Vision.

He knew all right and wrong, consequence, what’s of God, what’s not, all things, and could act from a place of ego or self importance if he chose but didn’t, instead he grew into the consciousness of being fully compassionate , thus was fully human and fully divine, as the two are not different from each other at all but the same