Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 29-05-2017, 08:49 PM
Master
Cold showers benefits

" Want to experience the benefits of hormesis very directly? Take a cold shower! And don’t just try it once, make it a habit and take cold showers daily. I have been doing it daily for the past six months and am loving it!
As one form of hydrotherapy, the health benefits of cold water therapy are numerous. Cold showers provide a gentle form of stress that leads to thermogenesis (internal generation of body heat), turning on the body’s adaptive repair systems to strengthen immunity, enhance pain and stress tolerance, and ward off depression, overcome chronic fatigue syndrome, stop hair loss, and stimulate anti-tumor responses."

http://gettingstronger.org/2010/03/cold-showers/
Old 29-05-2017, 11:45 PM
Experiencer

Last week I saw a meme on FB and the title was something like 10 differences between you and your girlfriend. So I click the link which took me to a series of really great cartoons and one of them was a guy and his girlfriend sharing a shower. She's smiling and lathering up her hair and looking so happy.....and he's cringing in the corner as far away from the water as possible. You can see his eyes and veins in his forehead bulging, his skin is red all over and blisters are raising wherever the water has hit him and you can see that he's screaming. I thought to myself, 'yep, that's the way I like my showers too so I'm not the only girl who loves a good hot shower!

Your cold shower new habit? I'll leave that to you ;-)
Old 30-05-2017, 12:58 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilingsun
" Want to experience the benefits of hormesis very directly? Take a cold shower! And don’t just try it once, make it a habit and take cold showers daily. I have been doing it daily for the past six months and am loving it!
As one form of hydrotherapy, the health benefits of cold water therapy are numerous. Cold showers provide a gentle form of stress that leads to thermogenesis (internal generation of body heat), turning on the body’s adaptive repair systems to strengthen immunity, enhance pain and stress tolerance, and ward off depression, overcome chronic fatigue syndrome, stop hair loss, and stimulate anti-tumor responses."

http://gettingstronger.org/2010/03/cold-showers/

cool! I knew there was a REASON my spirit guides were so insistent on taking cold showers lol! Maybe I should get more serious about it
Old 02-06-2017, 06:33 PM
Newbie ;)

Good read. Thanks!
Old 16-06-2017, 07:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
cool! I knew there was a REASON my spirit guides were so insistent on taking cold showers lol! Maybe I should get more serious about it
Same here!

I need to make my body more resilient to changes in temperature for my menopausal and arthritis symptoms...so yeah, guides said "cold showers!...start with cool and gradually turn the hot water off to adjust your body".
Old 16-06-2017, 08:25 AM
Pathfinder
Very interesting :)

I Love cold showers !!
I too started having intuitional thoughts to turn the hot water off gradually until I could bear the cold water only. I used to vision myself preparing myself for a swim in the Antarctica ocean and needed to be able to handle extreme cold water.

When I go to bed, I always heat up the room and myself so I'm like an electric blanket and at times I will wake up and my skin will be freezing cold, but my insides are sooo warm but most times I'm hot all night long.
Old 18-06-2017, 12:17 AM
Guide
It will also make your skin tougher so you can take more pain
Old 22-06-2017, 01:27 AM
Pathfinder
I believe in this. I was once told hot water is calming/soothing, while cold water is cleansing/purifying. We use cold water to cleanse our healing crystals, or when we go in the swimming pool, so why not for us in showers or baths? If I take a hot shower, before I get out I usually turn on the cold water for awhile too.. Since doing this I have noticed a huge difference in my hair, being a lot softer and shinier also.
Old 24-06-2017, 05:23 PM
Newbie ;)

I do this occasionally and I do a few minutes of warm water and then a few minutes of cold water (as warm or cold as I can stand, for as long as I can stand) and I've noticed that it seems at least to make it easier to breathe, and I feel more refreshed that way, too. :)