Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Films

Closed Thread

Old 22-01-2006, 05:50 PM
Space_Man

Solaris

This thread will focus on the 2002, Steven Soderbergh version of the film Solaris
Old 22-01-2006, 07:06 PM
imported_devolution

Yeah - I liked this film too... I have also watched the original Russian version (first), but found it very hard to follow...

The films are essentially the same save the usual Hollywood razzmatazz...

There is a great energy about the actress, Natasha McElhone...

Read the book if you can by Stanislaw Lem... He's written hundreds of others - perhaps we'll see some of them come to the big screen one day...
Old 23-01-2006, 08:46 PM
Space_Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by devolution
There is a great energy about the actress, Natasha McElhone...
Agreed
Old 24-01-2006, 10:24 AM
imported_devolution

To be honest... I haven't actually read the book myself... :oops: - hopefully I will get round to reading it one day! There are just tooooooooooooo many books to read in this world - one can never read 'enough'!
All I know is that it is more explantory than the film - as, I presume, most books are...
I know of few books that translated completely and perfectly to the screen (well, no books - it just ain't possible!)...

I presume that the 'visitors' on the spacestation were the people that were most in the thoughts of the crew.

I believe that the planet embodies some sort of 'creation field' where thoughts are transmuted into reality... The visitors came back in their best light... And they kept coming back, because the people they visited still kept thinking about them/longing after them... Until they got far enough away from the field, they would keep coming back...
But then there was that device - some kind of particle accelerator/smasher than annhilated the particles of the physical presence of the visitors... Perhaps it also somehow affected the thought patterns of the crew, so they wouldn't expend enough thought to bring back the visitors again... Because if the field was neutral, then the visitors would just keep on coming back no matter what...

Heck - I think I'm going to find the book now!!! :P
Old 24-01-2006, 05:14 PM
Space_Man

[quote=devolution]
Closed Thread