Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 07-07-2011, 01:12 PM
Time

"evil" as we think of it, is just a creation of our minds. Evil is a human invention, that is only done by humans. There is no thing as "evil" and "good" in nature. Nature jsut strives to survive. We may interpret things as good or bad, but thtas just so we can understand it in our way.

Now, there are somethings that are harmful, or out of the norm. Humans sterilizing land for the sake of just ourselves, rather then nature as a whole is harmful, and most people would say its "wrong". If there IS anything actualy wrong in the whole picture (not jsut in our terms), is that most of our activities upset the balance of nature, and we CHOOSE to cause harm, when there is another alternative.

Good and evil is just a concept so we can better understand out capabilities as a species, not really something in nature ( im aware we are part of nature). So does it really exsist? ID have to say generaly no.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:59 PM
avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendoah
I agree avenger... however I do feel we have a right to live without fear... if someone who commits acts of aggression is so broken that they will continue to hurt others... then they should not be allowed to be free to do so...

When I thought "bad" actions, I was thinking more like not flushing the toilet or not holding the door open for grandma. While inconsiderate, these actions don't really warrant immediate punishment IMO.

Most acts of aggression go beyond the mundane word 'bad', so they probably require action. What kind of action just depends on the situation.

I was also hinting that it is presumptuous to suggest that ordinary citizens could lawfully and morally carry out any kind of punishment whatsoever. Those who we have appointed to do that should be called upon to do their jobs.

I'm only describing is's and not ought's. Truthfully, I'm okay with personal revenge outside of maiming and killing.
Old 07-07-2011, 06:31 PM
Rivendoah

I have been witness to an act that can't be described in any other way but evil... it has changed the way I see everything... forever.... I can never really trust people I don't know again... not in the way I once did... evil is ignorance... evil is stupidity... evil is when you can no longer feel empathy or sympathy... evil is when a person is so broken that life has no meaning anymore... they can take the life of another because it is convenient... because they think it will make their life easier... and you can't turn off that knowledge once you have been witness to it with your own eyes... I am as much a victim of this crime as the people they killed... because they took away from me the last bit of innocence I was holding onto...

But I don't want vengeance... I do want to feel forgiveness... more for my sake then for theirs... it is the only way to let go of it...

hmmmmm... I said more than I intended...
Old 07-07-2011, 06:39 PM
Guide
As for me, this quote sums up my position:

"Evil prevails when Good Men and Women do nothing."
Old 09-07-2011, 06:40 PM
Experiencer

Evil is a bunch of negative energies. They are funny, trying to play tricks on you, They think that they can break you, they will shoot everything in your way, from been you. You have to recognize them because the are sneaky, once you see them, you laugh at them and tell them "Nice try, but no cigar"

Evil will leave you alone, when your weakness turns into your strength.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:06 AM
deb

Great questions and awesome responses! I don't believe that there can be such a thing as "holy anger". It seems that the two words alone would void each other out... they can't exist together. We live in this world of duality and have to figure out how to protect ourselves from that which could void us out. With regards to the "ideal punishment", not sure, maybe let the victim be the judge of that.
Old 11-07-2011, 02:25 AM
SunMist

I think the greatest danger when dealing with evil is to be corrupted by one's reaction to it. In the moment of one's own justified anger or fear and appropriate reaction to the evil of another, there is the risk of being dragged down into the muck oneself. And I think "evil" loves that accomplishment most of all. It's important to remain clear and true to who you are, to what your principles are and connected to your own higher source in choosing how you react and what choices you make.
Old 11-07-2011, 04:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunMist
I think the greatest danger when dealing with evil is to be corrupted by one's reaction to it. In the moment of one's own justified anger or fear and appropriate reaction to the evil of another, there is the risk of being dragged down into the muck oneself. And I think "evil" loves that accomplishment most of all. It's important to remain clear and true to who you are, to what your principles are and connected to your own higher source in choosing how you react and what choices you make.

very good!
Old 11-07-2011, 04:26 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThoughtOnFire
How do you deal with Evil in your life? Is there such a thing as Holy Anger and Enlightened Justice? Exactly how do you deal with people who are are bad/wicked/evil? And what is the ideal punishment for such actions deemed as bad or evil?

Do not choose to see anyone as evil. Do not choose to see anything as evil. To deal with bad and see them as bad to feed into that energy. It be better to put forth LIGHT and possitive thoughts to even the worst of societies beings. We fail at times to remember we all have that good and bad side to us. We are all man and in that I feel we are all capable of doing great good or great harm.

There is no ideal punishement as I do not feel the the final judgements and really healing is done til one transcends from the physical. Society sets forth ground rules and rules to keep the masses organized and that is a possitive thing. When one goes bad that might simply be sadly at times the lessons that Soul had to learn.

I deal at times with one's that NO one in socieity would ever want to be near and I have found that HUMAN side of them. It is there in even the darkest of one's that side that is Light that holds the ablity to be kind on some level.

(I know Evil is a strong word. And you may not believe in it's existence. For the purpose of Philosophical Conversation I suggest you dismiss the label entirely and replace it with Bad or Wicked or etc.)

Strong words and words of great power be Good and Evil. Words put forth to bring at times home a point. Does pure and true Evil exist that comes down to what one would maybe define as such. Having worked with some very dark energies and Spirits I would say that a deep level of bad exists yes, but too they go forth to the Light in a crossing. I have yet to see the fires that some say burn for some. So in that I would say the darkest place of Evil be in the brains of man that can concieve that place. There to me can not be Light without the Dark what we seek or should seek more is the balance in both.

Lynn
Old 11-07-2011, 05:49 AM
Master
I try not to let it get to me and realize what goes around comes around if that person is doing harm that I believe is hurtful to someone I know I do something about it .