Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Exercise

Old 25-11-2019, 04:11 AM
Master
6 days a week. 4 days a week intensely training for hours. Twice a week taking it lighter.
Old 01-12-2019, 10:58 PM
Experiencer

I do at least 100 push-ups a day and usually do team sports on the weekend. I'd like to go to the gym a lot more than I do now.
Old 18-12-2019, 12:19 PM
Newbie ;)

I used to do body-weight exercises and cardio (pushups, squats, running, skipping) almost daily since 2014 but as of this year I've stopped cause of busyness with work. Now I only jog like 2-3 times a week (or swim during the summer).
Old 23-12-2019, 02:33 PM
hazada guess

Apart from the usual day to day walking etc,I never exercise .
Old 11-01-2020, 07:32 PM
Newbie ;)

Jog 2 to 3 times a week. Or just do exercise whenever I want to, I think this is a good scheme for doing exercise..
Old 26-01-2020, 03:45 AM
janielee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Found Goat
Being an innate introvert, a mind-dweller, for too many years I’d neglected my physical container. I’ve never been overweight but I have been out of shape in the energetic sense, what with my interests and hobbies tending to be sedentary activities. I’m now middle-aged, and for about the past ten years I’ve made it an effort to be more physically active, on a daily or at the very least a weekly basis.

The secular stereotype of the spiritual soul is often one of bodily inertia – of a motionless yogin, meditator, or navel-gazer. These pastimes have their place, but for me only in accord with a moderate and balanced lifestyle.

If spirituality is about self-improvement, then one of the greatest teachings I’ve ever learned was from my studies of the works of a psychologist: the late Alexander Lowen. This highly insightful and eloquent author taught that a part of being self-aware or fully conscious is in the realization that the spiritual and psychologically healthy person is one who is grounded, first and foremost, to the earth, and fully connected to his body (i.e. self).

Some seek to transcend the body via mental practices alone and think this wisdom, while others lead repressed, inhibited lives on account of their, over time, having consciously or unwittingly suppressed all feeling within themselves.

Excerise makes a person feel ... good.

I speak from experience. After I’ve returned from one of my brisk walks (of about five miles), I feel renewed and invigorated and would not trade this simple pleasure and feeling for an OBE or any other mystical experience.

In this sense, many people are spiritual perhaps even without their realizing it, if they are at the very least into eating well and moderate regimens. They need not be into chakras or the lotus position to be counted in my book as spiritual individuals.

It helps that I am self-motivated and require no trainer or coach to perform calisthenics or to take up the hand weights.

I’ve sometimes wondered whether my workouts – these intended not so that I may look good to others but with the motive of psychological and physical health in mind – are not the greatest of prayers that one can possibly offer up to God in the human form.

Many of the most loveliest people I’ve ever met were not into chanting mantras and hadn’t experienced any paranormal happenings but were nevertheless in good shape and emanated an inner glow or joyous spirit. These were able-bodied folk who radiated an inner beauty that I have never encountered in paranormalists, mystics, or occultists.

Ironic, that the Apostle Paul had (wrongly, in my opinion) taught the need for the devout to suppress the body and yet also acknowledged (and rightly so) the spiritual importance of physical training and athleticism.

Within Lowen’s psychoanalytic therapy, bodywork was incorporated, toward the seeing to a patient’s progress and eventual recovery. I’ve studied his entire published body of work, with his book Joy being most profound. Granted, Lowen’s key teachings have also served as a constant reminder, as I often lapse into stationary states demanding of my giving heed to my truest self, my human vessel, and its needs for fresh air and bodily exertion.

So I golf, play tennis, walk, do some stretching to limber up, lift a few weights in the act of toning, and feel the energetic current surging through my legs amidst Lowen’s grounding exercise. When I start to slack off on these, I begin to feel sluggish and a little depressed. Then those natural endorphins are released once more and I’m whole again – back on cloud nine, if not in seventh heaven. Here's an amen to fitness!

Some very good points.

I personally think that many people on this forum are overly consumed with attaining some mystical high as if that will change our earthly experiences; give me a grounded, kind person any day over the world infatuations like OBE, astral projection and the like some harken to here. IMO.

Jl
Old 05-03-2020, 01:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiian Dreams
I do at least 100 push-ups a day and usually do team sports on the weekend. I'd like to go to the gym a lot more than I do now.

The body needs time to recover and grow. Doing the same exercise every day isn't the wisest approach.
Old 26-04-2020, 10:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Five times a week. 40 minutes cardio and 30 minutes weight training!
Old 11-09-2020, 02:21 PM
Seeker

I train at home 3 times / week. You can do lots of exercises with hand weights and imagination!
Old 12-09-2020, 03:18 AM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by janielee
Some very good points.

I personally think that many people on this forum are overly consumed with attaining some mystical high as if that will change our earthly experiences; give me a grounded, kind person any day over the world infatuations like OBE, astral projection and the like some harken to here. IMO.

Jl

I guess I am the type of person you are looking for!

In my peak, I was able to do
6 push ups,
balance for 8 seconds
and walk without falling over somewhere between 100 - 200 steps.

NOTE: This was about the best it got for me!

What is the best you ever did?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜