Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 25-06-2020, 03:34 PM
Elfin

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
I am not bothered any more by smells. I enjoy mixing essential oils, etc. without any problems.
Hi... I love natural smells.. but things spayed from a can or perfumes make me want to puke . Essential oils are fine for me too as that is natural oil. I worked with esstial oils , and as lovely as they are, they do come with strict guidelines, as in only certain ones can be applied directly to skin... And dependant on health issues certain ones cannot be used..but I am sure you know all this!!!
Old 25-06-2020, 09:31 PM
Master

Also certain essential oils are dangerous to dogs and cats. That's why I don't use them.
Old 27-06-2020, 04:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elfin
Hi... I love natural smells.. but things spayed from a can or perfumes make me want to puke . Essential oils are fine for me too as that is natural oil. I worked with esstial oils , and as lovely as they are, they do come with strict guidelines, as in only certain ones can be applied directly to skin... And dependant on health issues certain ones cannot be used..but I am sure you know all this!!!
NICE COMMENTS!

I have oils I 'cut down' so they can be applied directly to the skin.

Right now I am thinking of making some roll-on oils. That is, putting oil in a bottle and putting a 'roller' on the top of the bottle so as to be able to roll out on the skin the oil. Of course, a cap will come with it so the oils do not dry out.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 27-06-2020, 05:41 PM
Master

So many who are sensitive, love the smell of lavender, yet I am repelled by the smell. I wonder why.
Old 28-06-2020, 05:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
So many who are sensitive, love the smell of lavender, yet I am repelled by the smell. I wonder why.
It might not be Lavender that is causing the problem but instead it might be the oil they cut it with.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 28-06-2020, 07:46 PM
Master
Quote:
It might not be Lavender that is causing the problem but instead it might be the oil they cut it with.

Linen, I thought I was allergic too, but I think it was other stuff in the scent. I found a local lotion company that has a lavender I can use! I was so excited! It really helps with sleep, when I awaken too early. (I can pm the company, maybe they could send you a sample.)

BigJohn, I like your idea of the diluted version of the essential oils. That is what I bought with the sandlewood. It is super mild and in a roll on glass bottle. I put is by my work computer. I might try the lavender next.
Old 30-06-2020, 04:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
Linen, I thought I was allergic too, but I think it was other stuff in the scent. I found a local lotion company that has a lavender I can use! I was so excited! It really helps with sleep, when I awaken too early. (I can pm the company, maybe they could send you a sample.)

BigJohn, I like your idea of the diluted version of the essential oils. That is what I bought with the sandlewood. It is super mild and in a roll on glass bottle. I put is by my work computer. I might try the lavender next.
Try cutting the essential oil with something that will not cause problems.

As for roll-ons - the roll-on sometimes does not want to snap back in the bottle. If you have this problem, put some glue stick on the roller that goes into the bottle. Let it sit after putting it in the bottle. The roll-on will no longer fall out but if it does, just add more glue stick and wait.

Old 30-06-2020, 02:38 PM
Master

Quote:

It's the flower, lavender, that I don't like, not the essential oil. As I said, dogs and cats can end up with respiratory problems from some essential oils so I just leave them all alone.

Anala, please don't contact the company. It probably has corn in it. Many ingredients on the back of the bottle are derived or grown on corn, so just because the ingredient doesn't say "corn" doesn't mean it's corn free.

I've even seen products that say 'corn free' that, to the experienced eye, clearly do have corn in them.