Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 12-09-2019, 08:49 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
Sorry, but you can't just go and make stuff up on your own and pretend and expect everyone to agree with your made up definitions. The lack of belief =/= having a belief.

Altair then says:

The definition of belief is quite clear, and I provided it. Lack of belief =/= belief.

He seems unaware that he is making up stuff on his own and then pretending and expecting everyone to agree with his made up definitions.

I actually don't really care about the semantics involved as to what constitutes a belief or whether atheism is a belief.

But if Altair were to step back and observe what he is saying then he might learn something about his own projections.

Peace.
Old 12-09-2019, 09:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
Altair then says:

The definition of belief is quite clear, and I provided it. Lack of belief =/= belief.

He seems unaware that he is making up stuff on his own and then pretending and expecting everyone to agree with his made up definitions.

I actually don't really care about the semantics involved as to what constitutes a belief or whether atheism is a belief.

But if Altair were to step back and observe what he is saying then he might learn something about his own projections.

Peace.

I'm not making stuff up, I am using the definitions that are always used concerning 'beliefs'. This is basic stuff, and if you prefer to make up your own definitions you disqualify yourself from any sensible conversation. There is no such thing as ''I believe in the non-belief''. It's utterly pathetic, like saying ''I'm a believer in the non-existence of Santa''. It's a pointless, and needlessly complicated statement that doesn't say anything of importance..

And it's a total cop-out of you that you think you can turn this around and project it upon me. Funny you should even use the word 'projection' when you aren't even aware what it's about.
Old 12-09-2019, 10:00 PM
Master

Quote:
''I'm a believer in the non-existence of Santa''

Perfect example of a belief.

~ J
Old 12-09-2019, 11:05 PM
Master
Quote:
But in any practical way, nobody goes around believing that the world is only matter. There's no church, no doctrine, no nothing about it. It's just people who observe existence and come to the conclusion that existence of spirits cannot be proven. People only bring subjective experiences to the table, like ''I feel there's a spirit'', ''I'm hearing voices'' and ''meditation yo!'' Nothing wrong with that, and I'm not shy of it either, but lets be real here, none of this will pass the rigorous requirements of science.
And....... some people start taking their medication again and the 'spirits' stop talking to them, right?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-09-2019, 01:37 AM
Master

I pretty much agree with Legrand's post on another thread.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 13-09-2019, 02:42 AM
Master

Quote:
I'm not making stuff up, I am using the definitions that are always used concerning 'beliefs'. This is basic stuff, and if you prefer to make up your own definitions you disqualify yourself from any sensible conversation. There is no such thing as ''I believe in the non-belief''. It's utterly pathetic, like saying ''I'm a believer in the non-existence of Santa''. It's a pointless, and needlessly complicated statement that doesn't say anything of importance.

OK, let's try to make some sense of it.

Person A says "I believe that yetis exist in the Himalayas."

Person B says "I believe that yetis do not exist in the Himalayas."

From what Altair has said, Person A has a belief but Person B does not have a belief???

The logic of this escapes me (and I am a fairly logical fellow).

Peace
Old 13-09-2019, 03:10 AM
Master
Does not 1+1+1=1 in Boolean Algebra?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 13-09-2019, 03:16 AM
Newbie ;)
Master
Arrow @{ * i * }@

[quote=BigJohn]Soul has so many definitions I would say it is undefinable or possibly does not exist..[/quote]

Soul = biological. Simple not complex.

Biological/soul

Intention { * ? * } and ego { i } > > arrow-of-time > > is forward and outward

Love ( ( oo ) ) and integrity { /\Y/\ } past < now < future is wholistically inward as one

"Unity is plural and at a minimum two"...Bucky Fuller

"My education has been of my biggest impediments to my learning"...A. Einstein

"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself and you are the easiest person to fool."...R Feynman
Old 13-09-2019, 04:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r
Soul has so many definitions I would say it is undefinable or possibly does not exist..[/quote]

Soul = biological. Simple not complex.

Biological/soul

Intention { * ? * } and ego { i } > > arrow-of-time > > is forward and outward

Love ( ( oo ) ) and integrity { /\Y/\ } past < now < future is wholistically inward as one

"Unity is plural and at a minimum two"...Bucky Fuller
WOW
But if you asked 100 people what a soul is, you probably
will get over 400 different answers as reflective on this forum.

NOTE: If you check Collins Dictionary, they claim a soul consists
of such diverse things such as your mind and thoughts. By the way, I checked
and could not find your definition of the soul no where on the Internet: I do not understand.

Last edited by BigJohn : 13-09-2019 at 05:43 AM.
Old 13-09-2019, 05:38 AM
Master
Quote:
I'm a believer in the non-existence of Santa'

Quote:
I believe that yetis do not exist in the Himalayas."

Either way, neither sentence would normally use, or actually make sense using believe in them.