Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 24-10-2010, 10:10 PM
Master
Lightbulb Trauma caused by Photo

I've been struggling with this~
Someone I know sent me an email about what happens when someone texts while driving and it had real photos of a horrible horrible car accident where its shows a young man literally torn in half because he was texting his g/f and crossed the line and plowed into the front of a big truck. It was very graphic.

I'm not sure why this person sent it to me, but I often get flashes of these pictures in my mind, and it's been bothering me and it makes me get very emotional and cry. I'm sure it is because I liken it to my son's death, even though he did not die in a car accident. It is so heartbreaking to think of this poor young man who made a very foolish choice.

If anyone can help me deal with this, I'd be so very appreciative.

Old 24-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Master
Firstly that's terrible, secondly why is that person you know even sending those emails, do you know that doing that is actually illegal? There was a show on Dr. Phil where paramedics or the Highway Patrol had someone sell those types of photos so people could be them online, it's totally illegal.
First you need to delete that photo from the account/computer. Second I wouldn't want to be emailing that person anymore if I were you, doing that is so insensitive and nasty and icky.
Third you need to cleanse can you sage? can you take a shower and just cleanse it from your energy.
My heart is with you
Spiritlite.
Old 24-10-2010, 10:40 PM
Master
This person has been a co-worker and friend, I think this person took leave of their senses when this person did this. Don't worry, I've deleted it long ago. I've heard of saging, but don't have any sage or even know precisely what it is. I've taken many showers, but not sure how to cleanse it from my energy, lol. I knew it would be {{{}}}

Old 24-10-2010, 10:59 PM
Master
Seems to be the case the sender was attracted more to the entertainment value of the images than the emotional impact and repercussions of distributing them. Perhaps a warning on the title would have been warranted.

Deleting the message itself would be a start, as it seems you have done. You then need to realign your thoughts with positive energy focus. Something like watching some of your favourite comedy shows that will invoke laughter out of you, will quickly levitate you to a higher vibration. Ground yourself away from reflective thoughts of this nature also by doing something which brings you completely into focus with the now moment, such as dining out with someone very talkative and engaging. Or perhaps something physically demanding which stimulates your physical senses. In doing so will submerge your mind in new information, and bring out of focus those unpleasant images. In all, it is about shifting focus, and having the will power to be ever-present, and not let your mind stray into unpleasant territory. Do not take life so seriously otherwise attitudes and behaviour starts to become impulsive, intolerant and/or stagnant.
Your dream state periods will take care of the rest.

-SPARROW-

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 24-10-2010, 11:02 PM
Master
okay when I shower I imagine the water pouring over me as being light and washing away all the ickiness in my aura.
Saging is where you light up with a match, a bundle of dried out sage (usually you can find this at a coop, wiccan store, new age store etc), then you burn it out and it smokes and you just put the smoke around your body and your home. Keep a window open so all the negative energy from the saging can leave your home. It's a native american tradition to cleanse from spirits/negative energy etc. If I were you I'd youtube it or google it to see how it's done.
xoxox
Spiritlite.
Old 24-10-2010, 11:11 PM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
Seems to be the case the sender was attracted more to the entertainment value of the images than the emotional impact and repercussions of distributing them.

{Yes, I'm sure that was the case.}

... You then need to realign your thoughts with positive energy focus. Something like watching some of your favourite comedy shows that will invoke laughter out of you, will quickly levitate you to a higher vibration.

{watch or read something amusing, sounds like a good idea...}

Ground yourself away from reflective thoughts of this nature also by doing something which brings you completely into focus with the now moment, such as dining out with someone very talkative and engaging.

{I have a compadre who fits that very talkative/engaging category, but haven't been in'the mood' to listen, etc. I've been rather listless past week or so, more than likely due to work situation.}

. In all, it is about shifting focus, and having the will power to be ever-present, and not let your mind stray into unpleasant territory.

(I will make a new concerted effort to shift my focus, thanks for reminder.}

Do not take life so seriously otherwise attitudes and behaviour starts to become impulsive, intolerant and/or stagnant.

{A dear friend has let me know that I'm the 'type' to take life rather seriously, I guess it's a died-in-the-wool situation for me, or so it would seem.}

Your dream state periods will take care of the rest.

{Maybe having disrupted sleep has kept this from helping me clear out the junk?}
-SPARROW-

{Thanks Sparrow for your concern and advice~}

Old 24-10-2010, 11:13 PM
Master
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
okay when I shower I imagine the water pouring over me as being light and washing away all the ickiness in my aura.
Saging is where you light up with a match, a bundle of dried out sage (usually you can find this at a coop, wiccan store, new age store etc), then you burn it out and it smokes and you just put the smoke around your body and your home. Keep a window open so all the negative energy from the saging can leave your home. It's a native american tradition to cleanse from spirits/negative energy etc. If I were you I'd youtube it or google it to see how it's done.
xoxox
Spiritlite.

Thanks spiritlite, I have no idea where my nearest sage store is, but couldn't I use a candle instead? I'll check out youtube.

Old 24-10-2010, 11:20 PM
Rumar

I had flashes of the photos from the genocides and slaughtering of Native Americans (especially the core pics of the children, mothers with babies, etc. shot point blank in the face) back in the 1800s (example: Wounded Knee). I couldn't get them out of my head, I actually broke down one time while working and had to excuse myself (luckily I wasn't helping any customers at the time) because I was focused on those terrible pictures. It's not exactly pleasant to look at either, what I did to cope was after a while of constant re-flashes, I managed to control my emotions even when they were still burned in there, but my method was just time heals the wounds.

You need to understand that people do stupid things and sometimes they pay with their lives, it's unfortunate, to them and their loved ones, but as everyone says, time heals all wounds. There's plenty of methods in how to heal one's emotions, you can check out different incenses and if you follow a religion, feel free to pray for those whom were hurt from that accident.
Old 24-10-2010, 11:22 PM
iolite

A new age book store would have it.
Old 24-10-2010, 11:25 PM
Master
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumar
I had flashes of the photos from the genocides and slaughtering of Native Americans (especially the core pics of the children, mothers with babies, etc. shot point blank in the face) back in the 1800s (example: Wounded Knee). I couldn't get them out of my head, I actually broke down one time while working and had to excuse myself (luckily I wasn't helping any customers at the time) because I was focused on those terrible pictures. It's not exactly pleasant to look at either, what I did to cope was after a while of constant re-flashes, I managed to control my emotions even when they were still burned in there, but my method was just time heals the wounds.

You need to understand that people do stupid things and sometimes they pay with their lives, it's unfortunate, to them and their loved ones, but as everyone says, time heals all wounds. There's plenty of methods in how to heal one's emotions, you can check out different incenses and if you follow a religion, feel free to pray for those whom were hurt from that accident.

I thank you so much for sharing your similar occurrence, Rumar. It means so much. I remember as a kid seeing pictures in Look or Life magazine of the Cambodian people's bodies melted ~ those images are impossible to remove once they've been branded in your psyche. I think as a kid, the impact wasn't AS great, but I still never forgot them.

I've been so disturbed by that car wreck picture, it never occurred to me to pray for those involved or it did, and I was just so blown away by it, I was beside myself. I'm grateful to have this forum to lay things like this all out, and I know it will help someone else with same/similar.

Thanks, Rumar. I will refocus by praying for him/them.