Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-11-2017, 04:28 PM
Knower

Embodiment Of The Universe.

If everything that has manifested on
this plane of existence is an
extension of the cosmos then is it
feasible to say that any being is
capable of 'supernatural' feats such as
accessing information
through the Akashic Records or the
ability to time travel (mere fluidity
of events) , etc?

Meaning, that, since we are an
extension of the cosmos & everything
that extends outwardly is but of the
same matter - same Universal origins,
that all matters relating to the external
world would be deeply embedded within
ourselves / accessible.
Old 23-11-2017, 04:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberatedLotus
accessing information

A great realization of possibility. Is there any proof that may support that which is an idea right now. I was contemplating this today about creator and us. Why were we created with limits and I realized it may be I would have to say at first. I also realized if all things are from the source would we not have a bit of power (source in us) we can master. What we have is the perception we cannot let's be honest! Can we see an example of something we don't see or think about and I came to think of the human cell and body,how it creates and builds its form literally out of nothing, it continually grows. What is that process? It takes the atoms existing as it can't create and so combines them molecularly bringing them together simply by a set of chemical and instructions reaching into space. Imagine if you could comprehend this, one could create. iow, that power is there but consciousness is not allowed to access it. Even limits then are illusion!

From the beginning (of time) we have not been permitted to I suppose as we were not advanced spiritually. It's here I think the future is where such a promise exists as we continue to evolve. I think many are part of the first still. I feel it. To me, this is a brand new concept, very new. As little as 6-7 years ago I would have said this was not possible. Does what we think materialize is the question. Do we possibly direct our own path and destiny. I think it is something we must choose from the beginning of who we are having not done it yet where right now it is a burgeoning daydream today. It would be so interesting to be around in 1,000 years which is no more then a mere 10 generations, only 10 cycles. These days I don't think in terms of years but cycles and how quickly humans have progressed from the time of our ancestors who became us. 2,000 years ago we had nothing where in 80 cycles we are in modern times where we have advance so quickly, from having nothing to everything.

It is thought the last evolution was the human brain (neocortex) and it is through it we have advanced. It is the mind (brain) that will observe and move us down this path we will plan. Of course, not everyone will want this and I think that is where we are at right now consciously, negative thoughts and fear.

I hope one day you get to see this. Now you must only believe and then observe!
Old 23-11-2017, 07:58 PM
Master
Quote:
accessing information
through the Akashic Records or the
ability to time travel (mere fluidity
of events) , etc?

Meaning, that, since we are an
extension of the cosmos & everything
that extends outwardly is but of the
same matter - same Universal origins,
ourselves / accessible.

Knowledge is good, being able to practice it is better. I'm having problems practicing a lot of things but the knowledge is there.
Old 23-11-2017, 09:42 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:

ourselves / accessible.

This would also be my perspective..
Old 23-11-2017, 09:48 PM
Knower

Absolutely, lemex.

I haven't compiled data to support my
thesis as of yet, however, I'm sure there
is proof that dates back to antiquity.

Our perceived limitations may be rooted in
our conditioning & identification with
self ( physical bodies, mental landscape, etc.)
& an environment that is conducive to forming this.

I came to this awareness while in deep
meditation & contemplating our
relationship with source. If the
entirety of the cosmos lives within
each & every one of us then why would
it not be possible to access data that
spans the entirety of existence since it
is compiled of the exact same matter that
we are & have always been?

I was contemplating topics such as
time/space travel, past life regressions,
premonitions of the future, OBE's, the
Akashic records, etc.

If spirit is the constant then why
would it not be possible to access
data say regarding the events that
unfolded on 9/11 or the lost city of
Atlantis or where civilization will be
at in 1,000 years. The acenstral
blood, the Cosmos, it runs through our
spiritual veins, does it not? Is it not
the string that connects all of existence?
Is it only a matter of finding the ports
of access?
Old 23-11-2017, 10:14 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Just saw this:

Is that all they want?

Even though people would come in groups to hear Luang Pu's opinion about rebirth, claiming that this person or that was able to remember many past lives, seeing what they had been in the past or who their mothers or relatives in past lives had been, Luang Pu would say,

"I've never been interested in this sort of knowledge. Even just threshold concentration can give rise to it. Everything comes from the mind. Whatever you want to know or see, the mind will grant you the knowledge or vision — and quickly at that. If you're satisfied with just this level of knowledge, the good result is that you'll fear being reborn on a low level. That way you'll set your mind on doing good, being generous, observing the precepts, and not harming one another. You'll be able to smile, confident in the results of your merit.

"But as for eliminating defilement to destroy ignorance, craving, and attachment in order to reach total release from suffering, that's something else entirely."

https://www.accesstoinsight.org/lib/...ftsheleft.html
Old 23-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Knower

Yes, very nice quote.

I acknowledge that spirit is all that exists,
what I'm pondering is all that are derivitves
of spirit & beings having the potential to
trace origins & data through the very collective
thread that all existence shares: spirit.

Last edited by LiberatedLotus : 24-11-2017 at 01:47 AM.
Old 24-11-2017, 01:38 AM
Master

Quote:
Yes, very nice quote.

I acknowledge that spirit is all that exists,
what I'm pondering is all that are derivities
of spirit & beings having the potential to
trace origins & data through the very collective
thread that all existence shares: spirit.

I find that having potential is one thing... facing the reality of things is quite another.
Old 24-11-2017, 02:04 AM
Knower

Very true.

Is this not the same 'reality' that
led us to believe the world was flat.
Is reality not merely man's perception
based off the resources available to
him at the present moment?

1000 years from now will we look
back as we currently do with the
same amazement?

Where is there room for growth, expansion,
& evolution if we continue to view
ourselves from the same boxes we've
always been confined to?
Old 24-11-2017, 02:31 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
A great realization of possibility. Is there any proof that may support that which is an idea right now. I was contemplating this today about creator and us. Why were we created with limits and I realized it may be I would have to say at first. I also realized if all things are from the source would we not have a bit of power (source in us) we can master. What we have is the perception we cannot let's be honest! Can we see an example of something we don't see or think about and I came to think of the human cell and body,how it creates and builds its form literally out of nothing, it continually grows. What is that process? It takes the atoms existing as it can't create and so combines them molecularly bringing them together simply by a set of chemical and instructions reaching into space. Imagine if you could comprehend this, one could create. iow, that power is there but consciousness is not allowed to access it. Even limits then are illusion!

From the beginning (of time) we have not been permitted to I suppose as we were not advanced spiritually. It's here I think the future is where such a promise exists as we continue to evolve. I think many are part of the first still. I feel it. To me, this is a brand new concept, very new. As little as 6-7 years ago I would have said this was not possible. Does what we think materialize is the question. Do we possibly direct our own path and destiny. I think it is something we must choose from the beginning of who we are having not done it yet where right now it is a burgeoning daydream today. It would be so interesting to be around in 1,000 years which is no more then a mere 10 generations, only 10 cycles. These days I don't think in terms of years but cycles and how quickly humans have progressed from the time of our ancestors who became us. 2,000 years ago we had nothing where in 80 cycles we are in modern times where we have advance so quickly, from having nothing to everything.

It is thought the last evolution was the human brain (neocortex) and it is through it we have advanced. It is the mind (brain) that will observe and move us down this path we will plan. Of course, not everyone will want this and I think that is where we are at right now consciously, negative thoughts and fear.

I hope one day you get to see this. Now you must only believe and then observe!

oh my another group to be denied access to! What Joy! guess I will have to go find another playroom sigh...

on limitations, we collect them. Have to do this, can't do that. This is good, that is bad. Kinda like a box we spend our lives creating for ourselves, and once we've limited ourselves enough we die.

Love that you are seeing the cycles. Other obvious places to see them are day/night and the circling of earth around sun. But they pop up everywhere.
(mathematically there is a transformation you can make between 'time' and 'cycles' so you can really describe anything either way as you prefer)

For those who don't know cycles are also related to 'vibrations'.

But I will say, you aren't going to get anywhere long term as long as you deny the usefulness of things like negative thoughts and fear. You might bear in mind that the sun doesn't shine all the time, and that even rain is a very useful thing to have even though we are taught to prefer the sunshine. It would be somewhat shortsighted, to make it so that it never rains...