Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 09-07-2016, 12:13 AM
Pathfinder

Thank you to all that responded.
Old 09-07-2016, 01:43 AM
Knower
I feel its because they want to reassure there loved ones that they arent just "gone" and they wont see them again and from reading and watching a lot of psychic things spirits just want there loved ones on earth to let them go so they arent still connected to earth so they can proceed with their soul journey and growth :)
Old 09-07-2016, 03:22 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoresh
I guess the title says it all. I have read and researched the Afterlife extensively now for the last 4 years, mostly from an empirical viewpoint.

I have noticed just how much some who have left this physical world, will go to great lengths reach their loved ones. I knew a lady whose son made contact her through someone who had mediumistic abilities. This meeting was not sought by the mom, and the medium person, knew where to find her, (at a public restaurant), and randomly approached my friend. Said her son (in spirit) wanted to let her know he was okay...and other personal items. My friend had never seen this other person before or since.

Its not that they are at times going out of their way to make contact, more at times they are drawn in by the energy of the living one wanting to know they are OK and still exist on some level.

I have had cases where someone has come up to me and went "you have a message for me ? " and not really realizing what they are asking at times just feel that pull to me. I never just blurt out a message I do take the time to make sure they are connecting to the right person in spirit.

While at times I have those in spirit come in and go can you pass something on to someone that is in a public place for me, I never go there, I feel that permissions are needed from the living as you might not be open to receive messages from the dead. I have at times just dropped a card off to someone that says call me if you feel drawn to.....at times someone calls other times I see them toss the card. Again free will for what your ready for.

Also, after researching much about OOBs and death appearing to be the ultimate OOB -- many times there seems to remain concern on those who went on ahead for those left behind. People in the non-physical world take those opportunities to make contact back....

Death is not the end its a transition or transformation from living flesh and blood to pure energy. Death is the leaving of the physical frame we are housed in is all our spirit and soul go forth. I feel that our Soul comes and goes in many lives, but our spirit is that energy that lasts in whom we were in the living.

Having had a NDE and being able to Astral Travel at will I know that we can for a time leave the body and come back in. It is when I feel that the soul has completed its path that we leave for the last time.

Also, according to Victor Zammit, he states quite frequently that there are groups of "scientifically minded" individuals trying to establish solid communications between these two worlds. (Without all the mysticism.)

Science and the paranormal worlds do at times co exist. I was part of a few study groups trying to figure out how it all works. Trying to understand where the messages come from, and how. Also studies on brain waves and areas of the brain that are active when doing readings ext.

I do not feel there is anything mystical about it I feel its something we all have but just that we do not all open to it. Its a lot to take on honestly I have never met anyone that would want to be me even for a day. I run wide open 24/7 to contacts, and I take it all on the Light and the Dark. When others read me they say there are literally thousands around me at any given time and that I handle it all in stride.

These are just my random thoughts after reading through much, experiencing much and just trying to figure out what is really going on between here and there.

It is said that there is a vale that separates the here and the there that is getting thinner as we move to be ready for both worlds to co exist as one. Where we will maybe one day all be open to see and hear those passed.

While many of the TV shows on are pure **** entertainment they are opening doors for better understandings. I worked with a group from a TV show out of the UK for three years behind the scenes as a Medium, never going to location but consulting. When I would watch the show I would have to close my mind to it being "entertainment" for TV.

They say that ORBS are a new thing but we have to remember that we used to take our films into a lap for processing. There they would only develop images that were of good quality as you paid per picture most times. Much would have been lost on the cutting floor.

Lynn, I know you have abilities, so if you see this post, I would appreciate any thoughts.

I was drawn right to this thread....there is energy at work. That connection was made on some level for me to open this and find my name here. How that works I do not know but here is an example of how it does.

I have abilities that I came in with, for so many years I prayed to have them gone from me....now I know well that they are me. I have three kids that are all on some levels with the same abilities again born to them.

The best story I can share is from a woman that went to so many Medium's wanting to connect to her Dad, to know he was OK as he so feared dying. She would get messages that never rang to her. I told her that what I got was "I do not believe in you, you do the work of the Devil, yet I can see you and talk to you" and he was gone. She started to cry and said that is my Dad thank you.....that is just what he would say.

So there are always reason for connections.

Lynn

Old 09-07-2016, 07:12 PM
Pathfinder

Lynn, do you mind if I send you a personal email? (Using the SF email system that is)..
Old 14-07-2016, 06:16 PM
Administrator
Quote:
Lynn, do you mind if I send you a personal email? (Using the SF email system that is)..

Hello

Feel free to E Mail me. My information is on my Profile.

Lynn
Old 11-08-2016, 07:38 PM
Deactivated Account
they like chocolate

Quote:
I guess the title says it all. I have read and researched the Afterlife extensively now for the last 4 years, mostly from an empirical viewpoint.
I can only speak from my own experiences. My late wife and a few others occasionally come by to enjoy the things I am eating, like chocolate ice cream or hot dogs, and they seem to enjoy much of my earth life without being stuck in it. Other than that, I have no idea why they want to stay in touch since life is very nice over there. Honestly, I don't care why they drop by and always enjoy and appreciate the visits.
Old 11-08-2016, 07:55 PM
Master

Quote:

The lady did seek for this, otherwise it could not have happened.

We are living on the leading edge of thought, the land of imagination, the place where spirit takes form, where it experience life. The non-physical which we are seeks this place because it is joyous and exiting. This is the space it is great to be in, this is where the non-physical expresses itself. The other place is great for the same reasons it feels great to be in alignment with yourself.
Old 11-08-2016, 09:03 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozie
I don't know that being dead is so great. I have no evidence to support the belief that we retain our individuality after death. Our human consciousness is dismantled and we aren't the same as we are in human form.

I don't know how it works, but there is a transformation that takes place and we will never be the same us as we are in this life.

Author and philosopher Robert Heinlein once said:

"There is no evidence that life after death exists....on the other hand, there's no evidence that it does not....stop worrying about it....soon enough we will all find out!"

Heinlein was a pretty wise guy!

Maybe we're all here because we ain't all there????

If you're lucky enough to have been born in TEXAS....you're lucky enough!
Old 11-08-2016, 11:09 PM
Master
It is Love which makes them try to reach into our dimension. Love for those still here. It is the Great Motivator of the Universe.

If their Loved Ones can't hear them they will sometimes find someone who can to deliver a message (called a Medium usually)
Old 12-08-2016, 12:42 AM
Master
Quote:

I have noticed just how much some who have left this physical world, will go to great lengths reach their loved ones. I knew a lady whose son made contact her through someone who had mediumistic abilities. This meeting was not sought by the mom, and the medium person, knew where to find her, (at a public restaurant), and randomly approached my friend. Said her son (in spirit) wanted to let her know he was okay...and other personal items. My friend had never seen this other person before or since.

Also, after researching much about OOBs and death appearing to be the ultimate OOB -- many times there seems to remain concern on those who went on ahead for those left behind. People in the non-physical world take those opportunities to make contact back....

Also, according to Victor Zammit, he states quite frequently that there are groups of "scientifically minded" individuals trying to establish solid communications between these two worlds. (Without all the mysticism.)

These are just my random thoughts after reading through much, experiencing much and just trying to figure out what is really going on between here and there.

Lynn, I know you have abilities, so if you see this post, I would appreciate any thoughts.
I can't believe I missed this!

I'm a huge fan of the Australian lawyer, Victor Zammit and what he did to Psicop and James Randi...oh the many laughs I got about a year ago as a member of Scepcop (I am an ITC researcher)...but anyway, onto it.

There are a few reasons why those who are deceased want to contact their loved ones in the physical realm.

The first of which are the 'ties that bind' which transcend dimensions. Often, a spirit in the afterlife cannot move on because they are attached by the grief and sorrow of their loved-ones they left behind. The constant thoughts of living humans for those of the dead keep them earthbound, so they want to contact their relatives to reassure them...let them know they are okay, they love them and to let them go so they can move into the Light.

Another reason is the spirits may have 'unfinished business' through a friend or relative that is keeping them stuck 'between worlds'...maybe they had an argument before the death event and wanted to let them know they are forgiven and not to feel remorse or guilt over what happened in the days/weeks prior to it...maybe they left something behind but hidden that was intended for another person, or maybe they are letting them know that love transcends death.

The final reason is that most of this spirit communication comes from a place I call 'limbo' (purgatory) and the spirits of the deceased require prayers and intercessions from humans to move their souls on to a 'better place' as opposed to a 'not so better place'...I don't know about Heaven or Hell, but I often hear 'help me' or 'save us' or 'pray for my soul' etc so the spirits contact humans and those with faith to guide them to the Light or their destination or whatever.

These are all the reasons why spirits contact humans.