Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 26-11-2014, 04:03 PM
Deactivated Account

Twins are not...

Twins are not the other half of your soul. That's delusional.
And even if they were, it has no significance whatsoever.
These stories you build around your feelings only cause misery.
Let the feelings just be, and stop trying to control everything.
When you let go of holding on, you will find freedom.
That's all.
Old 26-11-2014, 07:53 PM
Deactivated Account
Totally agree, although I'm not sure about the 'other half' business--have my own thoughts on that. Either way, it's irrelevant.

But agree, and would like to add the following:

You cannot make someone who is of a different vibration (not necessarily referring to TF, but rather any SC) than you and/or in a different place in their life than you suddenly match you out of nowhere. That's counterproductive to their growth, and if you really love them you will recognize that and love them enough to let them go.

You cannot control an independent heart.

You cannot make someone feel the same way about you as you do about them. Rise above it.

If you are not the same frequency, then other than being a catalyst to each other's growth after having met (online, in person, whatever), beyond that all you will create is dissonance, not harmony. Dissonance creates suffering. How much do you want you and TF/SC to suffer? As I said in another thread, when we ask for pain and suffering, that's what we get. Love yourself and your TF/SC enough to put both of you out of your misery, even if that means walking away. Focus on your own growth and transformation, as, that's part of what that person was there for.

The rest will take care of itself. It will. Whether it be an emotional interest, a divine purpose, a connection, whatever. Trust the universe, trust yourself. Love your twin, love yourself. Find balance in yourself and let your twin find their own balance.
Old 26-11-2014, 08:45 PM
Experiencer
All the pain is due to fragments of ego that are still continuing to hold on. The TF union is meant to help both flames grow spiritually. Ego or false (acquired) personality has no place in that whatsoever. Success or failure of the union depends on the extent to which both flames are aware of this need and in possession of the tools they need and if they are both willing and able to transcend it.

A TF relationship is not about walks in the park. It is about total commitment to hard work on the self.
Old 26-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
Twins are not the other half of your soul. That's delusional.
And even if they were, it has no significance whatsoever.
These stories you build around your feelings only cause misery.
Let the feelings just be, and stop trying to control everything.
When you let go of holding on, you will find freedom.
That's all.

While I dont go by the whole other half of soul theory..
Noone here or anywhere has the real answers Scarlett..So really you dont know if that's true or not..Delusional is rather harsh..What is so wrong with someone wanting to believe that.You can still move on if you believe or not..

Also its a lot different to 'let go' of someone you have never met to someone you have been in a relationship with..Yes either way you may have to let go and not control..But everyone is different just being told a hundred times to let go does not make it easy ..People will get it in their own time..
Old 26-11-2014, 11:58 PM
Deactivated Account

@SisterMoon Loved your addition, perfectly said.

@Sarek Fragments of ego are often accompanied by stories we tell ourselves. Once we watch out for those then ego becomes less of a problem.
I don't believe in success or failure of twin flame unions or anything else in life. Such things are just more stories. They're separations.. they don't really exist.

@Liladeryn You can move on if you believe it, but I'd bet it's much harder, since you're thinking that they're the other half of your soul, you CAN'T give up, you have to hold onto them, so you don't lose yourself. But that's just avoidance.

What I would like to know is, where did this myth that twins are the other half of your soul actually originate from in the first place? Is there a source? Because I want to see how valid it is.

Otherwise all we have is chinese whispers. People on the internet say it's true so it must be true. But truth doesn't work like that.
Old 27-11-2014, 12:05 AM
LiveInTheNow

Quote:
@SisterMoon Loved your addition, perfectly said.

@Sarek Fragments of ego are often accompanied by stories we tell ourselves. Once we watch out for those then ego becomes less of a problem.
I don't believe in success or failure of twin flame unions or anything else in life. Such things are just more stories. They're separations.. they don't really exist.

@Liladeryn You can move on if you believe it, but I'd bet it's much harder, since you're thinking that they're the other half of your soul, you CAN'T give up, you have to hold onto them, so you don't lose yourself. But that's just avoidance.

What I would like to know is, where did this myth that twins are the other half of your soul actually originate from in the first place? Is there a source? Because I want to see how valid it is.

Otherwise all we have is chinese whispers. People on the internet say it's true so it must be true. But truth doesn't work like that.

The only often repeated "source" I've read (historically I mean, not just recent new agey stuff) is a sentence from a Plato's book which could have just been misinterpreted or mistranslated (or just Plato's ramblings) . Apart from that, nada. I don't deny its possible , but I prefer the more realistic theory that some souls are very close to each other , energetically, common past lives etc... but each soul is one and enough. No need to share, lol!
Old 27-11-2014, 12:06 AM
Guide
Quote:

And what your doing isnt Chinese Whispers as well ?..You have no proof it dont exist either .No one has either way..

Some say you can only know you have a met a Twin flame once you have actually seen them looked them in the eye..Some say you can not know if someone is a Twin flame over the internet..There is different information everywhere and everyone will believe and have their own opinion on what they want..If someone wants to believe in the other half of the soul that does not need to be seen as delusional

Its your opinion that someone will find it harder to move on or they CANT move on if they believe their Twin Flame is the other half of their soul..If someone is strong enough or when they get strong enough they can and will move on..It all just takes time
Old 27-11-2014, 12:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiveInTheNow
The only often repeated "source" I've read (historically I mean, not just recent new agey stuff) is a sentence from a Plato's book which could have just been misinterpreted or mistranslated (or just Plato's ramblings) . Apart from that, nada. I don't deny its possible , but I prefer the more realistic theory that some souls are very close to each other , energetically, common past lives etc... but each soul is one and enough. No need to share, lol!

I've read of that too but.. it can be interpreted so many ways (I've often seen it as representing our higher selves that we're cut off from).. and that text itself isn't really proof. Just someone's philosophical musings.
Old 27-11-2014, 12:14 AM
Ascender
so I'm starting to form a new theory about the whole TF thing.
1. some people are fortunate enough to meet another person with whom they experience the ultimate human and spiritual love
2. some people meet somebody with whom they cannot fully be together with, but they cannot be without either. this usually means there's something that pulls them together like crazy, but there's another aspect of their connection that just does not allow them to really come together and stay together - shtty case
3. and some live their whole life hoping and longing for the ultimate love. and one day they meet somebody who for a short period of time brings to surface feelings that seem to support that love. but nothing really happens, bc at best the other person only gets infatuated and after the fire goes out, they move on. and we live for months, years or in worst case our whole life feeding a false idea of having met our TF, loving this person and not realizing that all this time even if they had some feelings for us, they clearly were not strong enough to recognize them, or use them to fight whatever fear they may have. if you can't fight the fear, means the fear is stronger and the love if ever existed not important enough to put your life on the risk for it - my case and from what I'm reading, the case of many others on this forum. and what is really driving us all this time? is it really the inner knowing they are our TF? really? or is it just our desperate need to believe that a love so great can happen to us, even if it never comes to realization. the feeling I hate the most is being pathetic. I find it amazing that I could experience even if for just a few short weeks a feeling of love like I haven't felt before. but I do find it pathetic when he shows no emotions towards me whatsoever (he bloody thanked me today for giving him a call...seriously??:)))), yet I want to convince myself that he is just running bc of fear from the intensity of his feelings. oh please. and I cry histerically and imagine either myself or him dead, bc taking the loss to that level is the only way I can cope with the pain. and in the morning I start it all over as soon as I open my eyes. its just pathetic. not that I can experience such pain, but that I'm going through this suffering because of an imagined connection with somebody I knew for a few weeks. and don't get me wrong, but in some of the cases I read here, people put themselves through crazy pain over people they never even had a single physical contact with, not even a touch of a hand.
I'm still like open wound and I bet your last dollar I'll have more cries and pains and days when I lock myself in the house and wish I was dead, but I want to get out of this state. I don't want any feeling of hate or any negativity, and I can remember him with fondness, but I sure as hell don't want to be contemplating months and years to come about how much I love him

i often wondered about the purpose of life, of the experiences we have, the feelings and sufferings we have. the law of karma says you need to have balance. my only problem with that is that there's no balance. things don't happen to us by mistake, but there's a lot more negativity and hurt in the world than love. so wheres the balance? :)
Old 27-11-2014, 12:16 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liladeryn
And what your doing isnt Chinese Whispers as well..You have no proof it dont exist either .No one has either way..

Some say you can only know you have a met a Twin flame once you have actually seen them looked them in the eye..Some say you can not know if someone is a Twin flame over the internet..There is different information everywhere and everyone will believe and have their own opionion on what they want..It does not need to be seen as delusional

Its your opinion that someone will find it harder to move on or they CANT move on if they believe their Twin Flame is the other half of their soul..If someone is strong enough or when they get strong enough they can and will move on..It all just takes time

What I'm doing is throwing other ways of seeing things out to people so they don't have to be trapped in misery. It's all good and well that people can believe what they want.. everything is subjective. But when it comes to your own happiness.. you don't have to suffer if you don't want to. Now this going to sound harsh but people who suffer over their twin only suffer because they want to. They have an ideal of happiness but that's all it is. Another delusion to soothe their self-pity. They don't actually want happiness right then and there. And you know, there's nothing wrong with that either. But they do have a choice, and as long as they fantasize about happiness, then the desire still exists, no matter how abstracted and twisted. So if I can help people become aware to that through stating opposing views of thinking, just to get them out of their funk, then so be it. You can believe that your twin is half of your soul or not, but as there is no evidence for this thing then it's just a story intended to soothe the ego, until such a time where a person doesn't need such a concept for their own self-happiness. Then the belief is just an enjoyment, not taken seriously.