Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Old 30-04-2015, 02:46 PM
Knower
Freyja is my fave anyway

Clear Blue Sky, I love the link and have seen it before. Freyja is my chosen at all times. Unfortunately I do not think of her as a travel goddess. But I greatly enjoyed the link.

The Norns though and the Valkyrie themselves are significant . i will however continue to look at the "Lady".

Thanks.
Old 30-04-2015, 03:06 PM
Master
that's exciting, Caitlyn, I hope you pop in now and then to update us, and a final compilation of the Goddesses would be awesome to see.

I feel the wind will carry you well and safely.
Old 30-04-2015, 03:37 PM
Knower
Cat Thanks

I final list is a great idea. There really are not a lot of goddesses that are associated with travel. I have been led oddly (or perhaps not) to more Eastern deities than not.

So far the main contenders are

Hecate -Greek -seemingly the best so far in my opinion
Epona - Gaulish and Roman
Rhiannon - Celtic, possibly connected to Epona
Hina- Polynesian
Artemis - Greek
Chimata-no-kami -actually 2 Shinto spirits known as Yachimata-hime and her consort Yachiamata-hiko who would protect travelers.
Lam Lha- Tibetan

2 male deities that stick out to me in particular were
Jizo a Bohdizhatva of Buddhism -although male is very ambiguous
and
Meili a Norse son of Odin I knew nothing about so a real find

Some general entities were the Norns and Valkyries

Freyja is always a possibility in all things seeking strength for women.
Abeona of the Romans also bears some serious consideration although i seem to bear a general distaste for the Romans. probably an ancestral thing :)
and I am sure there are many more I have yet to find.

Thanks for everyones help so far.
Old 20-03-2016, 12:11 PM
Knower
I wanted to add a few goddesses for Journeys & Travel: Al-Uzza(Arabic warrior goddess of the sea), Ba Ngu'(Indonesian sea goddess), Feronia(Roman harvest goddess, protects travelers and slaves seeking freedom), Hecate(crossroads), Hine(New Zealand goddess of the night and underworld), Iris(Greek goddess of the rainbow), Isis(protection), Nehallenia(Celtic abundance goddess, protects those who travel by sea), and Yemaya(African water and moon goddess, protects all travelers).
Old 20-03-2016, 05:17 PM
Knower

Actually, most gods, as opposed to lesser spirits or deified humans, are not just gods of something. For example, the name Poseidon means "Husband of Demeter" and in some parts of Greece (e.g. Arcadia) he remained an earth god, but most Greeks prayed to him in connection with the sea; on one island, he was called on for healing.

If I had a difficult journey to make, I'd call on Hermes and Hekate.