Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 01-07-2014, 07:15 PM
elisi

i'm on to other things....i think this subject has just about worn itself out, especially since the op is gone.
Old 02-07-2014, 02:05 AM
Night Owl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norligh
patient under suffering

In Mahayana Buddhism, this is referred to as the 'practice of the perfection of patience' ... Ksanti Paramita, One of the six (There are actually ten) paramitas known as the Transcendental perfections ...
There are no unskillful fixations on guilt or sin, blame or Judgement, Punishment or reward, Good or Bad - So unhealthy supression/denial does not occur - Since our own mental states, thoughts and feelings are also embraced through the practice of patience. Things are simply referred to as skillful or unskillful ... This patience isn't about 'waiting'. But patient acceptence. BEing, Now ... It breaks the cycle of suffering ..past-present-future.

A previous Buddhist SC taught me alot that helped me during my twin flame process. Though I don't follow any particular path, never been able to... I can't define myself in that way because doing so feels like I'm not acknowledging the whole being that I am. It would only define a part of me and ignore the rest. I sometimes use 'Eclectic'. Also because It's very clear to me that different religions/spiritual paths are just different manifestations of the same truth but also, different expressions of the same teachings and practices ... I just like joining the dots! While the Transcendent self filters the religious/spiritual verbatim ...

(I hope the OP found her answer regarding the original topic.)
Old 02-07-2014, 02:26 AM
Norligh

I hope so too since we took over her thread poor thing!

I love the way you think. I feel quite similarly. I've been lead towards Buddhist practices through my guidance. I haven't really listened I'm ashamed to say BUT I've been forced to learn patience through this TS situation and others. One thing I can tell you is it is making me a MUCH more tolerant gentle patient mother. Not that I was a beast before but I am much more aware now, and I can appreciate that fully.

I have some books by a Buddhist woman... I can't think of her name. They speak of these things you mention here. She writes about staying strong through the dark times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night Owl
In Mahayana Buddhism, this is referred to as the 'practice of the perfection of patience' ... Ksanti Paramita, One of the six (There are actually ten) paramitas known as the Transcendental perfections ...
There are no unskillful fixations on guilt or sin, blame or Judgement, Punishment or reward, Good or Bad - So unhealthy supression/denial does not occur - Since our own mental states, thoughts and feelings are also embraced through the practice of patience. Things are simply referred to as skillful or unskillful ... This patience isn't about 'waiting'. But patient acceptence. BEing, Now ... It breaks the cycle of suffering ..past-present-future.

A previous Buddhist SC taught me alot that helped me during my twin flame process. Though I don't follow any particular path, never been able to... I can't define myself in that way because doing so feels like I'm not acknowledging the whole being that I am. It would only define a part of me and ignore the rest. I sometimes use 'Eclectic'. Also because It's very clear to me that different religions/spiritual paths are just different manifestations of the same truth but also, different expressions of the same teachings and practices ... I just like joining the dots! While the Transcendent self filters the religious/spiritual verbatim ...

(I hope the OP found her answer regarding the original topic.)