Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 02-11-2010, 01:54 PM
pre-dawn

The highest and greatest good for all

I do not understand the thinking behind this.

IMO, in terms of healing, at a true level, the highest and greatest good for all is exactly the same as the highest and greatest good for the individual.
There cannot be a great good for all in a person not getting healed.

If that is the case why do we come across it so often? Why is it necessary to even mention it? Do we delight in repeating tautologies?
Old 02-11-2010, 02:04 PM
Enya

I tend to use the whole phrase - for the highest good of all concerned... I use this when I want to make sure my intent is free of personal 'needs' for outcomes and that the receiver is in tune with a higher intent for the healing.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
sunny shine

I do this with an understanding that sometimes healing itself may not be appropriate for the person sometimes, his/her learning might come from the temprorary health issue etc. so i say highest good for all concerned.
Old 02-11-2010, 04:26 PM
Deactivated Account
I tend to ask for the greatest good for the situation. The way I see it is, there is an order that the thinking mind can't make sense of, and we don't know if it is truly in the best interests for someone to be healed - maybe they have a higher purpose to achieve from being ill, etc. By asking for the greatest good for the situation at hand, it does not focus upon the specifics for each person, which may or may not be aligned with the whole, but sends energy to all aspects of it. To be honest, even just asking for the individual's greatest good works anyway - it's all about intent and having faith. I just prefer to ask for the situation if there are multiple factors involved.
Old 03-11-2010, 04:19 AM
pre-dawn

The answers make sense in some way. However, Reiki is seen as a holistic practice and thus we should see healing in the most holistic sense. That is why I carefully referred to "in terms of healing, at a true level".

Looking at it from that all-encompassing perspective I just cannot see how being ill or dis-eased would be of any benefit to anyone, least of all the person who is ill. Being healed at that level would naturally include healing at any other level where healing is desirable.

In my mind, at the level of ultimate healing, the good for the individual is the good for all, healing the individual is healing the world and the universe.

As this is the aim of Reiki from the outset I see no reason to add 'for the highest good' at any time. It is inherent in the practice and if we don't aim for that are we really doing Reiki?

Last edited by pre-dawn : 03-11-2010 at 04:22 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 05:41 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
The answers make sense in some way. However, Reiki is seen as a holistic practice and thus we should see healing in the most holistic sense. That is why I carefully referred to "in terms of healing, at a true level".

Looking at it from that all-encompassing perspective I just cannot see how being ill or dis-eased would be of any benefit to anyone, least of all the person who is ill. Being healed at that level would naturally include healing at any other level where healing is desirable.

In my mind, at the level of ultimate healing, the good for the individual is the good for all, healing the individual is healing the world and the universe.

As this is the aim of Reiki from the outset I see no reason to add 'for the highest good' at any time. It is inherent in the practice and if we don't aim for that are we really doing Reiki?

I know its quite difficult to understand, it happened with me no amount of medicines or healing helped,because i needed that rest, that stay in home, that situation to get into myself more deeply and evolved quite a bit which is impossible if my everyday routine continued.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:27 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:

Being physcially limited can induce greater spiritual awareness. Think how many people become sick and then discover a more spiritual purpose to their lives. Many say that it made them realise what is truly important. That doesn't make it 'okay' to be ill, but it suggests that sometimes there is a purpose beyond what the logical mind can make sense of.
Old 03-11-2010, 06:48 PM
Osian

Ifeel that when i am treated in the highest good i am totally trusting the healing process. My world mirrors how i feel on the inside so if i treat to the highest good of all this mirrors outwardly also. The client may need to heal to be in a better position to be of help to others therefore it is in the highest good of all :o)
Old 04-11-2010, 03:59 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Being physcially limited can induce greater spiritual awareness. Think how many people become sick and then discover a more spiritual purpose to their lives. Many say that it made them realise what is truly important.
This would suggest that at least some forms of spiritual healing, the truly effective ones, should make the client's illness worse, shouldn't it? At least until he has realized his life purpose.
If a spiritual healing practice actively prevents us from realising our life purpose then that would truly be a terrible contradiction.
Old 04-11-2010, 08:08 AM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
This would suggest that at least some forms of spiritual healing, the truly effective ones, should make the client's illness worse, shouldn't it? At least until he has realized his life purpose.
If a spiritual healing practice actively prevents us from realising our life purpose then that would truly be a terrible contradiction.

I don't see how it would suggest that? I think you're trying to work it out logically. Spiritual healing can relieve all sorts of symptoms regardless of whether or not the person is going to recover fully from their illness. Sometimes there are other factors going on in illnesses, that's all I mean.