Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 21-01-2011, 03:33 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
As to those who would use Biblical Scripture to try to imply that Reiki is bad, let me remind them that Jesus Christ told us the following:

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on Me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father." -- JOHN 14:12(KJV)
How much time did Jesus spend on the persons he healed. Did he have them lie down for multiple hour long sessions?
If we are doing greater things than He did, and if He used Reiki why aren't our healing attempts more or less instantaneous like His?
That they are not should be reason enough to question the Jesus-Reiki link.
Old 21-01-2011, 03:46 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
It may surprise you to know that there are many Religious people who actively practice and teach Reiki! These include ministers, priests, clergymen, sisters, nuns, brothers, etc. and a whole array of other fine folks. Some even have web sites discussing Reiki. Some are even Catholic. So, it is very inaccurate for anyone to try to cast a bad light on Reiki on that account.They need to go back and do their homework first.
The objection to Reiki by the Church hierarchy in general, and recently by the American Catholic Bishops, is based on the incompatibility between the fundamental beliefs underlying Reiki and Christianity.
I am sorry to say that whoever combines the two has not done their homework or deliberately ignores this most important aspect.

What does it say about the individual Christian Reiki practitioner, when they close their eyes to the truth?
Old 21-01-2011, 02:23 PM
AngelBreeze

For clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
How much time did Jesus spend on the persons he healed. Did he have them lie down for multiple hour long sessions?
If we are doing greater things than He did, and if He used Reiki why aren't our healing attempts more or less instantaneous like His?
That they are not should be reason enough to question the Jesus-Reiki link.

I am not at all trying to compare the healing that Jesus did with Reiki. That would not be logical at all since Jesus is Divine and His power comes from The Father Almighty.

Again, when Jesus says we can do greater things than He, that is making reference to searching further within for more spiritual communion with God so that He can give us further inspiration to do His holy work. And you are not correct in making the assumption that Jesus used Reiki. I did not say that. Clearly, as previously stated, it is His Divine nature to heal in ways we cannot fully understand.

There was no actual connection made between Jesus and Reiki. It was only to the extent, as I have stated before, to help demonstrate that All Healing Power Comes From God and not from anyone of us as individuals. I have also said that Reiki, by itself, cannot heal but can only do so by the virtue given by God. I stand by that.

I do not credit people for the healing. I credit God through His only begotten Son Jesus Christ for conducting healings. We are only the vessels, the conduits for passing on spiritual energy through the laying-on of hands.

I hope I have now made myself clear.

Old 21-01-2011, 02:57 PM
AngelBreeze

Who Does the Actual Healing? Only GOD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pre-dawn
The objection to Reiki by the Church hierarchy in general, and recently by the American Catholic Bishops, is based on the incompatibility between the fundamental beliefs underlying Reiki and Christianity.
I am sorry to say that whoever combines the two has not done their homework or deliberately ignores this most important aspect.

What does it say about the individual Christian Reiki practitioner, when they close their eyes to the truth?

It then becomes clearly apparent that there is a fundamental misunderstanding within the church as to who can actually heal. That is to say if they believe that Reiki can heal and that is therefore indeed the reason they are against people in their denomination practicing Reiki because they think it is against their teachings, then they need to wake-up and embrace the fact that only *God* can heal. Again, I must say that Reiki does not/cannot heal without the Power of God behind it. That is what I have been saying all along and will continue to say until all can get it.

As to what statement it would make about a Christian Reiki practitioner, that is not for me to judge. It is my profound belief that if God is invoked in All healing matters, as He should be, and as I personally do, then it is God who will ultimately perform any healing to be made. He will do it in His own time and not ours. Many Catholics who perform Reiki and teach it, to my understanding, do so knowing full well that it is a benevolent method only to be used to help another human being through God. And from that perspective, with God fully in the equation, they do their work. I cannot speak for them, of course, but only to relay to you what I have read and learned about those of that particular denomination who practice Reiki. Further, if Catholics are against any modality used in healing, outside of God, then i.m.h.o. they need to also go after the vitamin companies, the exercise modalities, health care folks, etc. as well and not single out only one source.

If you would like, I can provide you with some links about Catholics who do Reiki so that you can see for yourself what they have to say about this issue.

Old 21-01-2011, 03:27 PM
LightFilledHeart

I connect to the Source, I don't generate the energy and it's not generated for me. I act as a tool, as "empty from myself" that I possibly can. Love is intelligent energy and knows where to go and how to guide me.

You just gave a perfect definition of Reiki!

An addition to it (happened last year) is that at some point I start seeing the person's light body as a mechanical drawing, with light points and connections, and in guidance increase its vibration.

That's interesting. As a Reiki Master/Teacher, I experience various things I did not as a level ll practitioner, and I've heard other masters say the same. However, individual experiences and/or perceptions during the sending of healing energy does not really alter the energy itself.

It would be good to study this further, to see where the difference is. One possibility is that I was opened to a "master level" with this Love energy and because reiki itself is a path, the beginning level may have felt like a step backwards. Interesting, anyhow.

Hmmmmmmmmmmm.......

And one thing, there are no sides here, we are all One and work together, and I have great respect for reiki and its practitioners. This I say because I have seen so much debate at the forum today. [/quote]

I completely agree. Everyone is on their own path, and each one expresses his or her opinions... nothing more. I've seen the offending and accusatory posts. I dismiss them. I don't think the time-honored tradition of Reiki is threatened in any way by them

Blessings!
Old 22-01-2011, 02:49 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
It then becomes clearly apparent that there is a fundamental misunderstanding within the church as to who can actually heal. That is to say if they believe that Reiki can heal and that is therefore indeed the reason they are against people in their denomination practicing Reiki because they think it is against their teachings, then they need to wake-up and embrace the fact that only *God* can heal. Again, I must say that Reiki does not/cannot heal without the Power of God behind it. That is what I have been saying all along and will continue to say until all can get it.

As to what statement it would make about a Christian Reiki practitioner, that is not for me to judge. It is my profound belief that if God is invoked in All healing matters, as He should be, and as I personally do, then it is God who will ultimately perform any healing to be made. He will do it in His own time and not ours. Many Catholics who perform Reiki and teach it, to my understanding, do so knowing full well that it is a benevolent method only to be used to help another human being through God. And from that perspective, with God fully in the equation, they do their work. I cannot speak for them, of course, but only to relay to you what I have read and learned about those of that particular denomination who practice Reiki. Further, if Catholics are against any modality used in healing, outside of God, then i.m.h.o. they need to also go after the vitamin companies, the exercise modalities, health care folks, etc. as well and not single out only one source.

If you would like, I can provide you with some links about Catholics who do Reiki so that you can see for yourself what they have to say about this issue.
The fundamental difference I am talking about is that the Buddhist culture in which Usui grew up an systematized the method he called Reiki is based on monism, i.e. there is no God, and there are no gods in it. If you remove God from your text above, what are we left with?
Monism is the virtual opposite of Christian beliefs, this makes the two incompatible. That Usui was a Christian minister is an attempt to skirt around this, imo quite a dishonest attempt to make Reiki palatable to Christians, and the reasons why I think so are in an earlier post.

The question is this, can one take a practice (Reiki) that arises out of an opposite world view, Buddhism, and transplant it into Christianity, then ascribe it to things which in the original method do not even exist (God), and continue to claim it is the original Reiki?

TBH, I think if I would be a reiki practitioner and a Christian I would also be upset about what I said and would do my utmost to ignore it.

I would appreciate your links for doing some further research.
Old 22-01-2011, 05:35 AM
AngelBreeze

Christians and Reiki

The fact that Dr. Usui grew up in a country where Buddhism is its primary religion and yet became a Christian speaks volumes for his inner beliefs and what can truly become possible! Usui history teaches us that he was a Christian minister but of course, being from Japan, a country whose primary religion is Buddhism, we can clearly see why there would be disputes from those who wish to contain the Buddhist belief system within the framework of what Dr. Usui practiced. To each his own.

Now about the compatibility of Reiki within Christian context and what you perceive to be Dr. Usui's Buddhist background, let me just say that Reiki is not a religion, therefore, it is not a 'you against me' type of thing but rather the integration of a benevolent laying-on of hands technique that has shown to be of help to so many around the world. If it was used for bad or evil purposes, then who would be practicing Reiki? Only the evildoers! Enough said.

As to your second question about Reiki having Buddhist origins and ascribing it to Christianity or its teachings, again that would be an apples to oranges comparison as Reiki is not a religion so as to infer that Buddhism should versus Christianity. Reiki is simply a spiritual energy modality that fully depends upon God and not man in its function. Reiki can be freely shared and practiced by any person of any denomination, religion, or lack of who wishes to help their fellow man and who understands that the power behind Reiki is God. And let me add that it would be only those who feel they are omnipotent who might argue to the contrary so as to say that they and they alone can heal without the power of God. Sad but true. There are people with such mentality in the world today.I suppose they feel they were self-created as well.

In conclusion, it is not my intent to change minds about this subject matter or its teachings as God gave each and everyone of His creations free will choice to think and reach conclusions as they will. We can only present that which is available and which rings true for us.There will be some who will stare at the sun and swear it is the moon and vice-versa. How can we force change in a mind that is already made up? It is far better to utilize our time by engaging in a benevolent practice to help humanity. And while non-Believers continue to argue amongst themselves we are busy helping those who wish to be helped without having God's work compromised or thwarted by skeptical inquiry and futile attempts to change a mind that is firmly cemented in an opposite core belief. I do hope you can understand and appreciate that. However, thank you for your interest in this matter and this thread and now it is time to move on to help others. May you be blessed if that is your same goal.

As to the links you requested, here they are. There are, of course, countless others but I believe you will get a good picture of what we've been saying here about the integration of Reiki and Christianity.

http://www.christianreiki.org/info/N...MaryMebane.htm

http://www.sistersofprovidence.net/sister-clare-lentz

http://areikihealer.tripod.com/christianreiki.html

http://www.christianreiki.org/

http://www.selfgrowth.com/articles/C...In_Heaven.html

Old 22-01-2011, 02:26 PM
Racer X

Yes!

Allowing Self to be used by the Divine to allow healing energy to reach another who is not yet able to connect themselves.....

how downright wicked.
Old 22-01-2011, 02:45 PM
AngelBreeze

God Allows People To Help People

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racer X
Yes!

Allowing Self to be used by the Divine to allow healing energy to reach another who is not yet able to connect themselves.....

how downright wicked.

(Smirk) I'm sure that's what some people may think about doctors and other medical people. Yet God has given doctors, nurses, and other medical people the ability to help others! He has even helped and allowed scientists to discover medicine for that same purpose of helping and healing others. So, they are truly needed. By the same token God allows others to lay hands on those who wish to receive it and then directs His spiritual healing energy to channel through the giver to the recipient. How wonderfully blessed we are to be of service unto others in need!

Old 23-08-2019, 08:45 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpygravy
I am not too familiar with Reiki although I hear alot from both sides of the coin. I must share the following so that perhaps clarity will be more forthcoming for us through information.
thx a lot!
in light,
tURTlE

Touching is one of the oldest forms of healing.
Reiki is very similar.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜