Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 18-04-2018, 03:46 AM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosaicmind
LillyBelle - That sounds beautifully compassionate. It reminds me of what happened with one of my cats a few years back. I think animals can teach us a lot about end of life acceptance, soul-knowledge, and peace...

Yes, they can. They are a lot more spiritually aware than we are. I'm not sure why that is, but they are.
Old 24-04-2018, 12:39 AM
Seeker

very very good
Old 24-04-2018, 12:39 AM
Seeker

very interesting this subject
Old 29-04-2018, 08:00 PM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Hi water drop. I never stuck with doing reiki but my opinion is, you can observe acceptance to a point. If they shift about, walk off etc then stop, if they accept it, they will stay and allow you to do it. Distance reiki doesn’t need to be done at an unseen distance, you can still make sure you can see them for their reactions :)

Dude, that was just what I was going to say.
An animal will "give permission" in its own way. And that can be observed and sensed.
Old 20-10-2018, 07:28 AM
Master
I never thought about getting permission from animals or insects. To me, I think anything for the greatest good is a good thing. I gave my dog reiki ...was my first 'test' so to speak. I was attuned to reiki even though I wasn't sure if it was 'real' the first time. At the time, I was only a practitioner I. I gave my dog reiki for a cough he had nearly a year. One day I noticed he hadn't coughed in two weeks. It's been over a year and he's not coughed again.

I'm a reiki master now (sounds funny to say that)...but even prior..once on a run, I saw a vole running around circles frantically. I stopped and wondered what was wrong with it and was worried it would get stepped on...5 minutes it kept running in circles so I knelt and gave it reiki...now mind you, there's a skeptic side to me all the time which can drive me nuts...so I'm thinking with my doubting thomas side yakking it up, this reiki will do nothing...to my amazement the vole stopped and then ran off on a straight path into the woods.

I've given reiki to insects and seen results, but sometimes it's just good to ease pain and knowing an animal or insect is nearing death, it appears/feels like it's an easy transition. My daughter wanted me to give reiki to one of our cats as he was breathing funny. I did but instantly heard "congestive heart failure" and felt he was going to die but I gave him reiki anyway and his passing was so peaceful, in his sleep with none of the death throws (gagging, arching), just died peacefully. Another cat of ours was sick but was healed that same day. Boggles my mind still.

I gave reiki to my father as he was dying and it as a peaceful passing...but that said, I knew nothing about reiki when my mom was dying but I sat with her and hers was peaceful as well...maybe it's something already there when you come to a person feeling peace and giving that and love?

I've heard you aren't to give reiki to another without permission but call me bad, when I'm out and about, I feel one with everything and ask that it flow freely to everything and everyone.