Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 30-08-2019, 12:32 PM
ketzer

Personally, I don't think it was ever intended to be a prescription or some sort of mantra to be repeated over and over. I think Jesus was trying to tell them not to just repeat words that you are told to say and don't mean. As a kid I could have repeated the lords prayer by heart at the drop of a hat, yet I had no real idea what it meant nor had I given it any thought. I think Jesus had two points to make. Don't pray for show, and don't chant some **** (crep?) you have memorized but don't really mean, just talk to God from your heart in private. That is what I take away from Matthew 6: 5-8. Of course, the Church ended up turning the whole thing into a mindless chant for the masses.... to be repeated again and again mindlessly at mass.... like some sort of pagan incantation.

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:09 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Yes, the realization of one word is more beneficial than reciting one hundred.

How i understood jonesboys reply was that the prayer is actually a way to describe realization (or enlightenment.)

Which was really interesting. Never thought of it that way.
Old 02-12-2019, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Personally, I don't think it was ever intended to be a prescription or some sort of mantra to be repeated over and over. I think Jesus was trying to tell them not to just repeat words that you are told to say and don't mean. As a kid I could have repeated the lords prayer by heart at the drop of a hat, yet I had no real idea what it meant nor had I given it any thought. I think Jesus had two points to make. Don't pray for show, and don't chant some **** (crep?) you have memorized but don't really mean, just talk to God from your heart in private. That is what I take away from Matthew 6: 5-8. Of course, the Church ended up turning the whole thing into a mindless chant for the masses.... to be repeated again and again mindlessly at mass.... like some sort of pagan incantation.

5 “And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by others. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. 6 But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. 7 And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words. 8 Do not be like them, for your Father knows what you need before you ask him.
You got it right. The Lord's prayer was not suppose to be a repetitive prayer.

In the Greek text, the heading "Lord's Prayer", is not to be found. That heading was added a lot later.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 06-12-2019, 09:51 AM
Newbie ;)

Hey there, That's a great question, Please hear this talk to know the truth
I found a video on YouTube that explains a few simple ways to cure for Natural remedies for to know the truth
I've tried many diffrent ways to cure this. Here's a link to a video that gives some great tips : bit.ly/2qsjZyL
Click on that link above and once you land on the page, click where it says "I'm not a robot"
and then you will be redirect to the YouTube video that shows how to cure Natural remedies for know the truth