Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 10-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Experiencer
'Emotional physic shield'

"This Life Path number requires that you build and use your emotional psychic shield daily or you’ll become so emotionally paralyzed you won’t have the strength or fortitude to fulfill your mission."

I understand this on a general scale, but would love to hear 'emotional psychic shield' defined just a bit further. How can I build that shield without losing empathetic ability? Is that possible?
Thank you! :)
Old 10-06-2014, 01:31 PM
Master
IMO it's understanding the difference between frivolous emotion and real feeling. Dealing with emotion saps energy, whereas working with real feeling is energizing and can be revelatory.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:05 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
IMO it's understanding the difference between frivolous emotion and real feeling. Dealing with emotion saps energy, whereas working with real feeling is energizing and can be revelatory.

What do you consider frivolous emotion? I believe emotions are never frivolous and emotions are real feelings. I am confused by your post.

Quote:
I understand this on a general scale, but would love to hear 'emotional psychic shield' defined just a bit further. How can I build that shield without losing empathetic ability? Is that possible?
Thank you! :)

Emotional physic shielding is shielding yourself from others emotions. As an empath it is a line of defense. Without it you are bombarded with so many feelings that it is impossible to function. I meditate and ask the powers that be to help me with a protective shield against negative energies and emotions. I also ask for a protective white bubble to help protect me against so many emotions that I am overwhelmed.

Meditation is the key as well as listening to your own intuition. Your mind and body knows what it can handle and ignoring it will only cause you harm. I had to learn that the hard way.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 10-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritCarrier
What do you consider frivolous emotion? I believe emotions are never frivolous and emotions are real feelings. I am confused by your post.
Self-explanatory. People throw hissy fits, or whine about nothing, or fight about stupid things. Frivolous.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:14 PM
Guide
Quote:
Self-explanatory. People throw hissy fits, or whine about nothing, or fight about stupid things. Frivolous.

I see. I guess it is a difference of opinion about what emotions are in the first place. Those things to me are not really emotions but rather childish behavior.

Thank you for the explanation. Have a great day.

Peace and Light,
SC
Old 10-06-2014, 03:23 PM
Master
Quote:
I see. I guess it is a difference of opinion about what emotions are in the first place. Those things to me are not really emotions but rather childish behavior.
I worked for years with adult spiritualists whose "emotional sharing" consisted of maybe 50% real feelings and 50% frivolous emotion and childish behavior. I know from experience that protecting one's self from the psychic barrage of frivolous emotion and childish behavior is critical to one's emotional and psychic health. There's theory, and then there's going out in the world and dealing with this stuff - the juvenile emotions and bad behavior people have no intention of transforming. That's what I was responding to regarding the topic question.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:46 PM
Guide
Quote:
I worked for years with adult spiritualists whose "emotional sharing" consisted of maybe 50% real feelings and 50% frivolous emotion and childish behavior. I know from experience that protecting one's self from the psychic barrage of frivolous emotion and childish behavior is critical to one's emotional and psychic health. There's theory, and then there's going out in the world and dealing with this stuff - the juvenile emotions and bad behavior people have no intention of transforming. That's what I was responding to regarding the topic question.

I see, makes perfect sense now. Thank you.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:52 PM
Ivy

Quote:

I relate to this differentiation.
Old 11-06-2014, 03:41 AM
Chikari

Quote:
Emotional physic shielding is shielding yourself from others emotions. As an empath it is a line of defense. Without it you are bombarded with so many feelings that it is impossible to function. I meditate and ask the powers that be to help me with a protective shield against negative energies and emotions. I also ask for a protective white bubble to help protect me against so many emotions that I am overwhelmed.

Meditation is the key as well as listening to your own intuition. Your mind and body knows what it can handle and ignoring it will only cause you harm. I had to learn that the hard way.

Peace and Light,
SC

Thank you for this advice/ point of view. I have been struggling lately with my empathic side which causes me a lot of anxiety. As you can imagine, this causes life in general to be a lot harder. I will try the meditations to see if I can build a better shield around myself.