Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 13-12-2013, 05:58 PM
Luv To Be Spiritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
Practice? Last night 2 hrs with a Yogananda group....Tomorrow
a 9-5 pm meditation...a 1:30 half hour break.
No beans for me today!!!

;)
Practice makes man perfect!!! :p
Old 14-06-2014, 12:00 AM
kumarjitghoshal

wondering a thousand step outside means nothing, its about one step inside , that is all it takes to be spiritual and to be with supreme consciousness .
But , we need to take those thousand steps outside in right direction (spiritual practices) to prepare and to keep our mind conditioned for the inner journey.
Our breaths are on fire , no time to waste. :)
Pranam to all my fragments of supreme being.
Old 13-09-2014, 12:09 PM
lordsiva

Maha Mruthyunjaya Homam is dedicated to Lord Shiva to avoid untimely death. The Mruthyunjaya Homam is performed to achieve Jaya or Victory over Mritya or death. The object of worship of this homa is Lord Shiva. One of the synonyms of Lord Shiva is Mrityu. Mrityu which means death of the death or the destroyer of death. During this homa one chants 21 mantras. The prominent offerings in this homa are durva grass and an herb called amrita
Old 13-09-2014, 12:22 PM
samsara4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
... practising Namasivaya every time you walk alone, etc.

Good point. Fill every idle moment with "Om Namah Shivaya".
Old 13-09-2014, 12:26 PM
samsara4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka

The goal to keep Siva in mind always is to go to sleep on his mantra, than awaken on the same syllable you fell asleep on. I haven't quite mastered that yet.

Eventually, as soon as one's head hits the pillow, the mantra starts automatically and continues during chetan nidra and is still going when one awakens in the morning.
Old 13-10-2014, 12:59 AM
Pathfinder
I worship Shiva and feel very protected and understood by him. It is hard to explain but he exudes pure power and I feel like with him I can accomplish anything
Old 26-10-2014, 05:22 AM
RasaKali

Thumbs up Thanks for the wide and real view...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv To Be Spiritual
I agree with u friend, god is one only we give them different name and I appreciate ur devotion n I know what u feel! Do u read geeta? I love the words of lord krishna in Geeta, also worshipping Lord Krishna and Lord Shiva is a same thing, Jai Shree Krishna, Om Namah Shivay... :)

God is one and only one, we call him/her Shiva, Narayan, Kali, Krishna and denote by the character, that makes us pleased and inspire us to live to be united with him/her. This is the real moto of life...uniting with lord.... Let us wash away all these misunderstandings about dissection of Shiv, Shakti, Palanhar... as they are practically the different names of one... and let all the real spiritual life seekers unite with love and respect for each other... let each others love for the world..for the Jagatsangsar. .. make each both inspire each other...

Prakriti is Ma Jaganmata... respecting her unbiased love for us; Time is Lord Shiva... the real Guru for all..Jagatguru..let all take lesson from the Gurukul....; Place is Lord Narayan... on whose lotus feet, the world resides... All the beauties and identities are the expression of Devi Laxmi...All the sounds and Nads.. the expression of Ma Sarwaswati....and our body an body function controller... Brahmadeva..... we are alive and living with all feelings for all of them, individually and unitedly....So, why sitting under separate umbrellas... let's come under one umbrella.
Old 26-10-2014, 07:53 AM
Ascender
hi luv to be spiritual. I talk to many gods not just hindu but recently I have been talking to Ganesh and found him to be very effective as the 'remover of obstacles'. If you are still having trouble with your connection to Shiva maybe he can help you remove whatever doubt or worry is blocking you. I think it sounds like more than just lack of time ? xx
Old 21-10-2016, 10:25 AM
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv To Be Spiritual
Hello all! Im here, b'coz I want to talk about my lord shiva, before 3-4 years ago I pray to him with pure heart to give me darshan and stay with me, after that my life changes lord shiva helps me in every difficulty and fullfill my all wishesh even I cant wish it in front of him, I feel lord shiva's grace, but at last year I lose my contact with him and become very sad but now things seem good and hope I'll make my relation with him even more stronger what about u guys? :)

I am a Hanuman bhakt myself. But I also believe Hindu scriptures which identify Hanuman as an incarnation of Lord Shiva himself.

This fact also finds a mention in the Hanuman Chalisa written by Tulsidas where he says -

"Sankar Suvan Kesri Nandan, Tej Prataap Maha Jag Bandan"

Meaning: Oh Hanuman, you are the incarnation of Lord Shiva, you are the son of King Kesari, your great glory is worshipped by the entire world.

I think this is the beauty of Hinduism where you can pray to any one deity that you identify with the most and automatically you are also blessed by many other powerful deities as well.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dryad
hi luv to be spiritual. I talk to many gods not just hindu but recently I have been talking to Ganesh and found him to be very effective as the 'remover of obstacles'. If you are still having trouble with your connection to Shiva maybe he can help you remove whatever doubt or worry is blocking you. I think it sounds like more than just lack of time ? xx
Namaste.

Yes a time that has probably elapsed by now judging by the vintage of this thread.

If you truly believe Ganesha will remove your obstacles, then He will.

There is no connection, there is only Shiva.

As I say; if you can't get a good signal, blame the operator who is trying to put you through.

I've gone into the hows and whys I connect with Shiva in great length until I would assume that people will get bored with it....this is what "real Bhakti" does.

Love Shiva to connect with Shiva and give Him your heart if that love is truly there - he won't break it NEVER! and he won't hurt you - it's what unconditional love does.

Surrender to Shiva and just let it wash over you in warm waves of indescribable bliss.

Aum Namah Shivaya