Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 17-04-2011, 08:42 PM
unus supra

tools

Can anyone please provide some simple techniques used in tai chi for the purpose of grounding?

it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

kavon
Old 23-04-2011, 08:50 PM
Suspended
Hi Kavon,
About grounding...

Walking in natural surroundings would help - I love to walk barefoot on grass!
Eat healthy & balanced, drink plenty of water...
Figuring out how much water you need: 1/2 your weight and change to ounces: ie: 120 lbs x .5 = 60 oz fluid daily (for you math wiz ;)
Sports, Yoga, gardening, Animals, being purposeful, visualize self as "rooted" like a tree..
And of course, Tai Chi...

Here's a clip specifically for Tai Chi Grounding...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fIDqmTgAcw
Old 24-04-2011, 04:26 AM
unus supra

thank you! ive waited so long for a reply.

Grounding has been an issue for me.

i really appreciate it. i like walking barefoot to! id like to get to a point where i can climb a mountain barefoot.

i wonder how long that would take....
oh ya hahaha, thanks for the math......
Old 24-04-2011, 10:24 PM
Suspended
You're welcome. I'm no expert, but as a mom, I can't help but be grounded! lol

Hiking a mountain barefoot??? Are you serious??
Well, if you took it really slow... anything's possible...
Maybe that's why turtles live so long!

Hey, if the "mountain" was like this, I'd hike it barefoot...
http://www.californiacoolbiz.com/Projects/Portals/2/GrassyHill.jpg
Old 24-04-2011, 10:59 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..
Quote:
Originally Posted by unus supra
Can anyone please provide some simple techniques used in tai chi for the purpose of grounding?

it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

kavon
What do you mean by 'grounding'?

Be well, all else is..
Old 02-05-2011, 03:30 AM
Pathfinder

unus supra,
Do you mean "Rooting techniques"? There are many techniques in Tai Chi to improve one's root. Many of them require a master to properly align the structure of your body. Knee-Toe alignment being very important, leaning too far forward-backward, etc., etc. Many times it is to unlearn bad habits of posture and misalignment of hips, knees, and feet. This can really only be corrected by a Tai Chi Instructor/master who watches and knows how to correct all of these things. Then it is for you to find a mirror and practice proper body alignment until it is ingrained within you and your middle ear adjusts to proper body alignment. Many people are usually always two degrees forward in their balance points. Meaning they are leaning forward slightly. This is caused by shoes that are built up in the heels. One way of developing a strong root is to hold the postures for a period of time. It also is a way of burning of tension and relaxing, although at first it will not feel like this. Doing the Tai Chi form creates rooting as long as it is done with proper body alignment.
Best of Luck,
Saint Seraphim
Old 03-05-2011, 01:06 AM
Master
I like to think I have pretty good rooting technique...

I think practice chi is mindful body movement and is a way of balance, so the standard set of practice really should bring one 'down to earth' as it were.
Old 08-05-2011, 11:14 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

WuJi or Zhan Zhuang, standing meditations.. Central Equilibrium, a standing posture that enhances energetic coherence throughout the body/spirit..

Be well..
Old 12-05-2011, 12:35 PM
unus supra

thanks guys, just the kind of stuff i was looking for.
Old 12-05-2011, 12:47 PM
Time

Hey dude

A technique I used before meditation is to focus my energy on my root chakra (the pernium, the spo dead between your legs). Picture a tree grow from it right up through you, out the top of your head. Imagine the roots of the tree going down below you right into the soil.

Picture the tree growing faster, and taller, and the roots going deeper, and deeper.

It seems to work quite well for me.

The real main thing is to get around nature. In some traditions the root chakra is linked to earth ( as in earth fire water spirit etc), so some deep forest, or a quiet garden might help. Then again, some people are totaly different and have to find what works for you.

If all else fails, put on "darkside of the moon", sit outside, and stare up at the sky. LOL