Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 08-04-2014, 08:45 PM
SpiritAngel

Grandparents Hate Me?

I'm going to TRY and make this short and to the point if I can :)

I don't talk to my grandparents (On my dad's side) even though I did nothing wrong. When I was 15 years old, I'm 25 now, my dad and his dad had a huge argument at the house and my grandfather stormed out and went home, since then he's doesn't talk to my dad and refuses to show any interest in me what so ever and I'm his only granddaughter. He's never acknowledged me at Christmas and has missed many birthdays with me, my 18th was the most hurtful

I remember as a kid, I used to go to his house and because I was born disabled, he would often make little comments or point out a flaw due to my disability and I get upset thinking am I just a reject because of that? That I'm not seen as perfect or to his standards?

Now around November of last year, my dad had then had a argument over the phone with his mother because she suddenly decided to stir trouble by saying I was selfish and I never see her which is a lie. When I do call, she's always out and makes a excuse to not come to her house and won't come to mine

Dad got mad and she blurted out I was a inconvenience and she has well ignored me at Christmas and my 25th Birthday (this year)

Are they being horrible to me to spite my dad are do they simply hate me?
Old 08-04-2014, 09:31 PM
Master
Ego can make do many things , try to look
Beyond what he shows . He love you dearly
just like your dad , i am certain .
Old 08-04-2014, 10:21 PM
livingkarma

To be honest, I can't answer that question ...
I would like to think so, but it sounds like they do not how to love or what it feels like to truly give love ...
Maybe that is what they are here to learn, but haven't come to realize it ...

My children who are young adults have not seen their grandparents in 5 years ...
They did some awful things to my children after their father's death ...
At the same time, they told me they would help me put my money to good use, but if I needed help w/the kids I'd have to get it from my family ...
Nice, huh ...
That was the beginning of our the deterioration of our relationship which I'm very happy about ...
They blame me for the kids not wanting to see them ...
I'm their Mother, in that regard, I take complete responsibility for it even though its not the full truth ...
I'm just glad they're out of our lives ...

They use to call me as well as my family to complain that I wouldn't let them see the kids ...
That was merely a ploy to behave like victims ...
Fortunately, my family knew the truth including their past malicious behavior toward me ...

Your Dad loves you; he's not backing down from his own parents to fight tooth & nail to defend you ...
That's where I would concentrate my energy - the people who love you unconditionally ...

Sadly, there are people in life we learn to let go of including family members for our own best interests ...
Who knows there might come a time when either or both will have a life changing experience that forces them to take an honest look at their behavior as well as their family to make adjustments & corrections ...
I wouldn't hold my breath, though ...
Keep living your life as happily as possible w/out burdening yourself about what others do w/malice ...
Old 09-04-2014, 12:37 AM
Knower

What's that old saying?

God chooses your friends and the Devil chooses your family.

Seriously though if you have time and a little money research your family tree thru the ancestry sites online. It's better than therapy some say and can give you great insight into some family dynamics. But better yet it gives you a chance to feel more genetically aligned with certain ancestors as you see the bigger picture of the family. The more immediate relatives don't seem as important, nor does any unkindness on their part. Good luck!
Old 09-04-2014, 10:22 AM
Master
Just realize, this has nothing to do with you. No one can jump over their own shadow. Use it as a learning tool.
Old 09-04-2014, 03:28 PM
Master
Some people no matter how old they are they will never mature. In your case, I hate to say this but since they are mad at your dad, they are probably are taking it out on you, I don't think its cause of your disability. But honestly they sounds like awful grandparents. I remember my grandpa and grandma and they were awesome, not perfect but they always showed me how much they loved me. If they cant show you that they care, love you, or respect you then you don't need them, don't hate them, and try your best to forgive them, but don't waste your precious time on them. Be a bigger person and move on with your life, sometimes friends are better than family. Peace!