Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 27-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by smattering
I've been with my boyfriend for almost 5 months. I really like him a lot, we have a super good connection, I love being with him and he feels the same way. However, I have felt from the beginning that it would not last forever. We have a few differences that make me feel like we wouldn't be a good long-term match. And I was told in a reading by a medium that it's not a forever relationship. Hearing this confirmation makes me feel strange about continuing my relationship. I love being with him and it makes me so sad to think about not seeing him anymore. But I also feel like being single right now would give me a lot of opportunity for growth and to put more energy into myself and my goals. I'm so confused about what I should do.

What your heart wants?
Old 28-03-2014, 12:09 AM
Master
To me the answer to that question mostly is about if there is something else you want/need to be doing that a current relationship is blocking. For instance if you are intent on having a family with children. If the current relationship is going to 'use up' your reproductive years and you are not into alternative relationships then sadly, you might have to let the current one go.

Otherwise, I see no reason to terminate a relationship that is working just because it might stop working at some point. Unless you die together, all relationships stop working eventually. This is a matter of living in the present. The hard part is determining if it is actually working currently or if you are holding on and just putting up with the flaws. Its often hard to let go of something one is getting things from.

The classic situation is summer or vacation type relationship. Its quite refreshing but never meant to last. Is it worth doing, I would say so. Not to be confused with cheating while away from the spouse.

I recently ended a friends with benefits relationship because it was stopping me from finding the deep intimacy I want. The benefits were certainly nice but ultimately not enough to justify not getting what I need/want. Had there been no conflict, I might well have continued it.
Old 29-03-2014, 04:12 AM
Master

Do not listen to what mediums or psychics say as they are often wrong. If you like this person then go for it. Do not let anything stop you.
Old 29-03-2014, 04:14 AM
Master

A lot of relationships have a few differences so I would not let that worry you.
Old 29-03-2014, 04:57 AM
SpacePilot

My personal philosophy is to never deny myself something that feels good, even if it will not last. Of course, I'm not talking about booze here! I've been with a few women I knew it wouldn't last and even though I felt bad when it ended, I don't regret any of the memories I still have.

I know I won't stay in this apartment more than a few years, but I still enjoy it and spend money to decorate the place, knowing some of those will have to be replaced by something else. Make the best of what you have and the next will be even greater.

Also, mediums only interpret what they see based on their own experience and their sight has limits to start with. All of our sights have a limit. How do you know that things will not change to the point where one day you can say that your relationship has changed to the point you can consider it is not the same relationship at all anymore? We all interpret what we see based on what we have learned, but we can only rarely tell exactly what will happen.

It's been said and this is the best advice ever: follow your heart.
Old 03-04-2014, 07:46 AM
Sol

Quote:
Originally Posted by smattering
I've been with my boyfriend for almost 5 months. I really like him a lot, we have a super good connection, I love being with him and he feels the same way. However, I have felt from the beginning that it would not last forever. We have a few differences that make me feel like we wouldn't be a good long-term match. And I was told in a reading by a medium that it's not a forever relationship. Hearing this confirmation makes me feel strange about continuing my relationship. I love being with him and it makes me so sad to think about not seeing him anymore. But I also feel like being single right now would give me a lot of opportunity for growth and to put more energy into myself and my goals. I'm so confused about what I should do.

Hello there,

I'd like to respond to your thread with respect and integrity. May I ask what does forever mean to you?

Does anything at all in this physical existence last forever?

If both of you love and enjoy each other's company, why not choose to live in the present and make the best of it? The term 'relationship' itself gives the impression of putting a frame on love. But love is indestructible and cannot be measured. If you jump out of this limiting thoughts and start cherishing the NOW, how different will it make you feel? :)

I have a man who I love. Due to our distance and busy life we cannot have a relationship. I have thought about wanting to stop loving him and stop communication altogether but.. hey, I just cannot stop loving him. So I decided to take a leap and let go of all the fears and start living in the present. We see each other about once a week, but once we do, oh... it's the best feeling because we both don't know how long this will last, or when we will exit from each other's lives. So we really put in effort to make each other happy and have fun. And we have no issues if any one of us finds new love.

This is just an experience I'd like to share with you. However, go with your intuition. The ultimate decision is yours. As long as you're feeling contented, that's what matters.
Old 03-04-2014, 09:10 AM
forestfire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol
Hello there,

I'd like to respond to your thread with respect and integrity. May I ask what does forever mean to you?

Does anything at all in this physical existence last forever?

If both of you love and enjoy each other's company, why not choose to live in the present and make the best of it? The term 'relationship' itself gives the impression of putting a frame on love. But love is indestructible and cannot be measured. If you jump out of this limiting thoughts and start cherishing the NOW, how different will it make you feel? :)

I have a man who I love. Due to our distance and busy life we cannot have a relationship. I have thought about wanting to stop loving him and stop communication altogether but.. hey, I just cannot stop loving him. So I decided to take a leap and let go of all the fears and start living in the present. We see each other about once a week, but once we do, oh... it's the best feeling because we both don't know how long this will last, or when we will exit from each other's lives. So we really put in effort to make each other happy and have fun. And we have no issues if any one of us finds new love.

This is just an experience I'd like to share with you. However, go with your intuition. The ultimate decision is yours. As long as you're feeling contented, that's what matters.

Beautiful post Sol! Fully agreed with your approach. If I may say so, "forever" is usually never, and NOW is what matters.
Hugs
FF