Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Tai Chi & Chi Gong

Old 27-03-2012, 07:18 PM
Akaalis

Any other practitioners of Falun Gong in here besides user "belkin"?

I've been cultivating in Falun Dafa for about 8 years now and have made amazing breakthroughs level after level, any other fellow cultivator in this forum whom would like to share their experiences?
Old 24-04-2012, 02:19 PM
mightything

hey, im not a practitioner, but if you dont mind sharing your exp's id be interested in reading them.
Old 05-05-2012, 08:55 PM
bekins

Well, I'll share some of mine. (I hope my english is good enough)
I cultivated just for about a year (10 months, from July 2011 to now), but there's a lot to say. I'll just pick up the things that come to my mind.

Falun Dafa teaches as the first thing how to be a good person, how to enhance our morality, to reach an higher and higher standard, together to the enhancement of our understanding of the Fa (the Law) and of the principle of the Universe, Zhen-Shan-Ren (Truth - Compassion - Tolerance).

I have high ratings at University, without pre-exam anxiety at all. I have a good concentration when I study and I don't need to spend nights and days as someone else does. I always study when I have an exam, because it's my duty as a student.

I don't care at all if someone insults me. Some months ago, while I was walking around with my friend, we passed through a large group of people. They started to pull us, hitting us, saying things...I just smiled e walked away quietly. I wasn't moved at all. I understood them. The same is when some of my friends (it's very rare) insults me or get angry with me.
I also saw the true power of Compassion. When you do something without any egoistic aim, just to help someone, without your personal emotions in it, it really make people moved.
It's also very comfortable to don't lie, never. You feel very free. Lies are linked with fear, so you have to eliminate fear too, in order to be a True person. The fear that my own lie would be discovered...it's just a bad memory for me. Horror movies are very boring and pointless to me.

Of course, 10 months ago I wasn't this way at all. I was a completely different person, inside. The change has been pretty harmonious, fast and gentle at the same time. Our cultivation path is very rational, righteous, benevolent and calm.

From other points of views, Falun Dafa has affected my physical health too. Well, I never was hugely sick, but the diseases I used to have (allergy, seasonal flu, some dizziness) all disappeared in about 2 months of cultivation. I never had any disease in these (8) months. Of any kind.

Talking about spiritual/technical aspects, I have a good control of my emotions and thoughts and I feel that my energy increases every day, when I free myself from attachments. Energy and kindness seems to be the same :) Zhen Shan Ren is the true Law of Cosmos!

Hope to have helped you in some way, mightything. Sorry if you waited days even in a so popolous forum.
Old 04-08-2012, 08:32 PM
Kwayde

Hi Bekins.

I think it's wonderful to have the breakthroughs and experiences you've had. The world is becomes a more beautiful place when one person extends compassion and understanding towards others.

I practiced Falun Dafa briefly after learning of it at a health fair. Unfortunately, as I began to study the literature I found myself in disagreement with its founder. What I mean is that while I agree with the message, he seems to give himself an importance that I perceive as almost messiah-like. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but that was a big red flag for me. Now I continue my qigong practice with other exercises. But I am happy for you that you've made the progress that you did.

Be well, friend.
Old 16-08-2012, 06:04 PM
bekins

Hi Kwayde,

Actually it's very rare that Teacher speaks about himself and from what I have seen / understood I can say that he doesn't boast himself at all, while other masters a lot less 'competent' do.

From my experience, I think that every time he talks about himself, it's just because it's useful for our cultivation, or because we ask it. Teacher said a lot of things in his lectures, and I think all those things are for our good.

Many times he strongly discouraged worshipings / adulations at him :)
Well, it's possibile that, when you start, some statements may seem exaggerated to you. That's because Falun Dafa is an high-level cultivation practice..it's not like the common qigong.
To give you an example: have you ever seen / heard of a qigong practitioner that reached the level of a famous buddhist monk / christian saint? Most qigong practice just give you some benefits to health, maybe you will learn some qi skills and nothing more than that :)

The best way to start Falun Dafa is to read "Falun Gong" (or "Zhuan Falun"). Other books are not ideal to start with.

Hope I helped you in some way :)

Be well, friend.
Old 04-01-2013, 03:32 AM
Noah :)

I practice Falun Dafa. Wonderful energy work!
Old 31-01-2013, 07:34 PM
Experiencer
Hello dear Bekins,

What you have attained is what I am working on achieving. I meditate daily to increase my compassion and understanding.

Can you tell me more about the Falun Dafa? What is it and how is it done??

God bless you,

Quote:
Originally Posted by bekins
Well, I'll share some of mine. (I hope my english is good enough)
I cultivated just for about a year (10 months, from July 2011 to now), but there's a lot to say. I'll just pick up the things that come to my mind.

Falun Dafa teaches as the first thing how to be a good person, how to enhance our morality, to reach an higher and higher standard, together to the enhancement of our understanding of the Fa (the Law) and of the principle of the Universe, Zhen-Shan-Ren (Truth - Compassion - Tolerance).

I have high ratings at University, without pre-exam anxiety at all. I have a good concentration when I study and I don't need to spend nights and days as someone else does. I always study when I have an exam, because it's my duty as a student.

I don't care at all if someone insults me. Some months ago, while I was walking around with my friend, we passed through a large group of people. They started to pull us, hitting us, saying things...I just smiled e walked away quietly. I wasn't moved at all. I understood them. The same is when some of my friends (it's very rare) insults me or get angry with me.
I also saw the true power of Compassion. When you do something without any egoistic aim, just to help someone, without your personal emotions in it, it really make people moved.
It's also very comfortable to don't lie, never. You feel very free. Lies are linked with fear, so you have to eliminate fear too, in order to be a True person. The fear that my own lie would be discovered...it's just a bad memory for me. Horror movies are very boring and pointless to me.

Of course, 10 months ago I wasn't this way at all. I was a completely different person, inside. The change has been pretty harmonious, fast and gentle at the same time. Our cultivation path is very rational, righteous, benevolent and calm.

From other points of views, Falun Dafa has affected my physical health too. Well, I never was hugely sick, but the diseases I used to have (allergy, seasonal flu, some dizziness) all disappeared in about 2 months of cultivation. I never had any disease in these (8) months. Of any kind.

Talking about spiritual/technical aspects, I have a good control of my emotions and thoughts and I feel that my energy increases every day, when I free myself from attachments. Energy and kindness seems to be the same :) Zhen Shan Ren is the true Law of Cosmos!

Hope to have helped you in some way, mightything. Sorry if you waited days even in a so popolous forum.
Old 29-03-2013, 08:03 PM
bekins

Falun Dafa is a high-level cultivation practice based on the principles of Truth, Compassion and Tolerance. There are 5 simple exercises (one of which is a meditation) but the most important part of the practice are the teachings. You can find everything about the practice for free on falundafa.org.

Sorry for the late answer. Hope I helped you
Old 05-04-2013, 06:19 AM
D01

Smile FG Experience

I've been practicing qigong since June and specifically FG since September. I remember the first time I tried one of the exercises -- I was overcome with immense energy (which I've always been tuned/used to) but what was really intriguing at the time was the feeling of my law wheel's rotation. Never knew anything about the wheel's rotation or how it would feel... didn't initially read up about it when I did the first exercise... But when I did it, it was unbelievable... I had learned from firsthand experience the nature, form, and shape of the wheel. I felt this amazing, pronounced ball of energy rotating/spinning in front of my solar plexus (I felt like I could even hear it... sort of like a pair of nun-chucks spinning in slow motion through the sky). During my initial exercises, I would realize how strong the energy was: my eyes would be closed during exercises and as I began to move according to the energy mechanisms, I in fact thought that I was literally touching my stomach or body because the energy was soo tangible (but then I would open my eyes immediately and realize that my hands were indeed quite far from my body... never ceases to intrigue me, but I just carry on with the exercises (without dwelling too much) as in accordance with the principles of character cultivation. The coursing between the two poles is particularly intriguing because it is through that exercise that I actually first felt very pronounced electricity moving through my arms and hands (as opposed to the strong vibrations and static that I was always accustomed to). I feel this same very strong electrical feeling whenever I perform this exercise. Astral projection, travel, remote viewing, enhanced intuition, enhanced empathy, healing, and telepathy were all common experiences of mine prior to FG (possibly b/c I've always been very spiritually connected, even as a young child). Though my ability to heal physical ailments manifested more before I began practicing FG specifically, it certainly manifested shortly after I began practicing qigong in general. At this time, though, I focused more on meditation than energy exercises. Now, I do both in a balanced manner. Also, I have much more control and certainty over the abilities I had prior to practicing qigong/FG. Much more refined. I like FG as it specifies that we shouldn't practice merely for the development of our abilities -- really really keeps you grounded and motivated to genuinely practice for the betterment or progression of the spirit. Really allows you to see that through the development of our spirits, we are able to lift the spirits of others... especially as we continue to cultivate our character through love, compassion, honesty, kindness, understanding, wisdom, charity, endurance, and so on.

Hope you all continue to find FG as rewarding as I do... And I hope that others interested in FG will come to find the beauty of character cultivation and, thus, spiritual development through meditation and these exercises.

Blessed be my brothers and sisters!