Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 30-07-2017, 07:13 AM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorelyen
Nope. We "in the west" are clouded by materialism. Is there anything spiritual
about a car or television or going to work?

But turn to certain belief systems and everything is acknowledged as
spiritual. No surprise. We construct a view of the world in ourselves.
What's actually out there doesn't much matter.
Quote:
Absolutely there is. Do people really feel it isn't. Spirituality is in everything!
True, what is actually out there doesn't matter. It is what one puts in, or to say it differently, how one uses it.

Spirituality is not in everything, but everything has the potential to be used in a spiritual way.
Old 30-07-2017, 08:50 AM
Master
I liken it to the Native American philosophy of the Manitou.

I have always believed in the Manitou, as part of the Cosmic energy or vibration that gives everything shape and form, existing and resting within its own self-awareness.

Everything is 'spiritual' but the human definition of 'spiritual' needs to be updated.
Old 30-07-2017, 02:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemex
Personally, I can't imagine it any other way and is something I have concluded as well even if it wasn't taught.

I would put this as the reason. It makes total sense to me because this thought has come from my experience. Yet others don't see it. Why the different experiences that make us see opposites or see it non-important.

Are we suppose to arrive at different realizations or the same ones. I think the same ones.

If it's spiritual it can't be non-spiritual of course unless, this place is suppose to be like a vacation spot...lol.

Hi lemex,

What you share brings back the thought that it seems a matter of perspective and perception.

Just because I may realize it and others share in similar experience and/or perspectives, does not make it necessarily so for all. Speaking on a individual basis.

It is an interesting inquiry as to why each seem to realize in his/her own way.
Perhaps there is just things meant for the person only and some meant for the whole. Just a thought here.

To me, it is life and this involves more then just me in its unfolding. Can break it up in order to deal with aspects I need to, but it goes on doing what it will.

At times others help me by pointing to or showing other aspects of life. It all seem to intertwine.

At times the whole outlook of "spiritual" brings wonder if it is just simply something humans create with in the mind. For what other being questions its existence or what created it?

Is it just something unique to human make up, to create the differences with in being?

Just placing some more thoughts.

Thank you
Old 30-07-2017, 02:20 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Necromancer
I liken it to the Native American philosophy of the Manitou.

I have always believed in the Manitou, as part of the Cosmic energy or vibration that gives everything shape and form, existing and resting within its own self-awareness.

Everything is 'spiritual' but the human definition of 'spiritual' needs to be updated.

Hi Necromancer,

I have come to relate to what you share more and more.

It does seem some can caught up in the definitions and stick to the ones he/she likes most, understands, or finds relationship with. Which is all right if not imposing those views upon another.

Like art, many ways to look at it, would say.

What happens when there is no definition, just a knowing or being?

Does Spirit define itself? Is the question that comes to mind.

Suppose need to convey it to each other some way, but yes some views need to be expanded a bit and more open, IMO.

Thank you
Old 30-07-2017, 03:29 PM
Master
Hello,

Thanks to all for the thoughts and inputs.

Thought I would share a story.

There was a man standing on a roof top while the flood waters rose
A boat came up and the man in the boat shouted; " Get in, the water is rising"
The man on the roof said;" I have prayed to God and he will save me" and stayed on the roof.
The water rose up to the mans knees.
Another boat came along and the men in the boat shouted; " you better get in the waters are rising"
The man on the roof replied; "God will save me, for I have prayed to him" and stayed on the roof
The waters rose up to the mans waist.
A holicopter came by and dropped a rope. The men shouted; " grab hold and we'll pull you up"
The man on the roof stood his ground and replied; "God will save me"
Sure enough the man drowned.
The man in the after life saw God and asked; " I prayed and prayed to be saved, why did you let me drown?"
God replied; "I sent you two boats and a helicopter what more did you want?"
Old 30-07-2017, 10:10 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonglow
It does seem some can caught up in the definitions and stick to the ones he/she likes most, understands, or finds relationship with. Which is all right if not imposing those views upon another.

the words you use 'resonate' with your energy fields. The unwillingness to change the words you use to something else, or to reinterpret the words you are given in another way, translates to an unwillingness to let the energy fields change. And without letting the energy fields change, you don't progress.

Which is ok, endless progression gets old some days. But if you are wanting to progress.... shrugs.

But anyway none of us knows enough about the energy fields to know which words are 'optimal' in advance. So we can't choose words simply on the basis of how they will affect our energy fields in a 'beneficial' way the way people are taught to do. Although we will think we can all day long...

And also, simply letting go of words isn't sufficient either, for example I can quit spending my time painting on the outside of a box and yet still refuse to take the time to open it.

but if you can start by letting go of words or at least reinterpreting them, other things become more obvious. If you have the means to look.
Old 31-07-2017, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
the words you use 'resonate' with your energy fields. The unwillingness to change the words you use to something else, or to reinterpret the words you are given in another way, translates to an unwillingness to let the energy fields change. And without letting the energy fields change, you don't progress.

Which is ok, endless progression gets old some days. But if you are wanting to progress.... shrugs.

But anyway none of us knows enough about the energy fields to know which words are 'optimal' in advance. So we can't choose words simply on the basis of how they will affect our energy fields in a 'beneficial' way the way people are taught to do. Although we will think we can all day long...

And also, simply letting go of words isn't sufficient either, for example I can quit spending my time painting on the outside of a box and yet still refuse to take the time to open it.

but if you can start by letting go of words or at least reinterpreting them, other things become more obvious. If you have the means to look.

Hi FallingLeaves,

True, can not always know the full impact of words upon each other.
Sometimes it is what one relates to and open to receive.

Words change in meaning and believe this is reflected over the years.
There is also cultural differences and translations that may affect what is or was intended in the first place.

Some are sensitive to others and can sense his/her energy at times and so know when to speak and when to be silent.

But, what about those experiences in which words can not properly explain or express what they bring? How to share or express such can be difficult.

Like any experience one that has not had similar or been there would not fully understand or know, IMO. So, words may only serve as a story. But, what does the story bring?

Guess comes down to how open and willing one is to understand another.

Some pay attention to how words are used and may use them to share or force ones outlook, IMO.

Anyways, words seem to play into how "spirituality" may be discussed or taught.
Whether they resonate or not seems an individual thing in some ways.

Thank you
Old 05-08-2017, 01:54 PM
Master
Hello,

Some thoughts come to me.

It seems some teachings point to a way to live, while others point to how to live.

Yet, the biggest teacher has been life, which has shown and continues to show both.

Trial and error seem a gift given to humans, at times. Mistakes can be made and if not too severe, survived. We learn from these, hopefully.

Question arises though as a community of beings/souls what is being learned?

The question pops up again;What does Spirit get out of this?
What comes up is, to be that which it can not be in and of itself.
To be a tree, a star, to transform, to experience all we and life has to give.

What is gained? Perhaps this is a Human concept created to give some sort of reason to it all. Yet, still wonder and wander and the answer ever expanding and at times just is.

Spirit does not discriminate, pick and choose, just let it unfold as it will.
Another concept? Maybe for some. Doesn't matter because it happens anyways.

So, how can it be that nothing is what may be realized. If so then all this is just a farce?

Just letting the thoughts roll here. For me, it is of this journey called life.
As we travel and other beings do too, feel Spirit is riding right along, with in, with out, and all about. However in whatever way one may conceive it to be or live.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:03 PM
Master

as it was relayed to me, we chose a path that leads only to 'death'. death being in this terms as I understand it a situation where no choice is possible and change becomes fixed.

We basically chose to put ourselves in a situation where there would eventually be no choice left but to not choose. And had no clue that that is what we did or what the ramifications would be.

what we are in now is the road back away from that, for those who want to take it. Later, we will just be what we are without all the chains.
Old 06-08-2017, 12:29 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
as it was relayed to me, we chose a path that leads only to 'death'. death being in this terms as I understand it a situation where no choice is possible and change becomes fixed.

We basically chose to put ourselves in a situation where there would eventually be no choice left but to not choose. And had no clue that that is what we did or what the ramifications would be.

what we are in now is the road back away from that, for those who want to take it. Later, we will just be what we are without all the chains.

Hmmm, an interesting share.

Is it eventually we have no choice, it just happened?
Is this a form of surrender? Giving up our thought ways things should be and falling into the flow of things(so to speak)?

What are we as these physical beings? Seems still being revealed on some level and deep down known on another. Perhaps, the dilemma or may appear as such are only ones self made chains.

Why later to be free? Don't you think one can free oneself now if willing and able? Atleast in ones thinking and perspective.

Just expressing the thoughts this brings to me.