Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Paganism

Closed Thread

Old 26-12-2015, 07:34 AM
Knower

A question in the interests of free speech

My question I simple and, I hope, inoffensive. In this section of the forum Shamanism is discussed, though, to my knowledge, any talk of substances (drugs) and spiritual experience are prohibited on this site. Seeing that shamans must enter altered states of consciousness, some through active substances and others through different methods, how is a holistic conversation to be had here? This area of spiritual experience is, in my mind and the minds of many others worldwide, credible. One may do more harm than good in outlawing any and all mention of such things while still seeking to have a realistic, and progressive, spiritual conversation.
Thank you for the time and understanding in reading this. What do you all think?
Old 27-12-2015, 05:46 AM
Lepus

Hello IsiahHolmes123,

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsiahHolmes123
My question I simple and, I hope, inoffensive. In this section of the forum Shamanism is discussed, though, to my knowledge, any talk of substances (drugs) and spiritual experience are prohibited on this site. Seeing that shamans must enter altered states of consciousness, some through active substances and others through different methods, how is a holistic conversation to be had here? This area of spiritual experience is, in my mind and the minds of many others worldwide, credible. One may do more harm than good in outlawing any and all mention of such things while still seeking to have a realistic, and progressive, spiritual conversation.
Thank you for the time and understanding in reading this. What do you all think?

I made a topic on Peyote and the thread remains available. I believe there are certain hallucinating substances that are prohibited in SF and may possibly get you suspended. Either way, if you wish to bring up substances for spiritual experience ask an admin for approval. You can send a private message or ask under "Forum Help" for an admin to answer your question(s). Hope this helps.

Quills Quiver
Old 27-12-2015, 05:50 AM
Knower

I feel. Perhaps I'll petition for another forum section to be made where such conversations can be concentrated and not floating around thread to thread. I recall I mentioned something, I don't recall what, and the comment was removed and I received a PM from a Admin. I was just curious as to how people felt about it.
Old 27-12-2015, 06:28 PM
Knower

Any forum has to be aware of the laws of the jurisdiction in which their servers are located if it doesn't want to run into serious trouble!

As for using hallucinogens in shamanic training, there's a world of difference between a Native American using peyote under the guidance of an elder, and a solitary individual with no experienced guide on hand: a case of "do not try this at home."
Old 30-12-2015, 08:43 PM
Master
Color

Quote:
Originally Posted by IsiahHolmes123
My question I simple and, I hope, inoffensive. In this section of the forum Shamanism is discussed, though, to my knowledge, any talk of substances (drugs) and spiritual experience are prohibited on this site. Seeing that shamans must enter altered states of consciousness, some through active substances and others through different methods, how is a holistic conversation to be had here? This area of spiritual experience is, in my mind and the minds of many others worldwide, credible. One may do more harm than good in outlawing any and all mention of such things while still seeking to have a realistic, and progressive, spiritual conversation.Thank you for the time and understanding in reading this. What do you all think?

Yeah I feel the same as you about talking about getting high on magical plants but I don't want to get banned from coming on here
Old 31-12-2015, 10:23 AM
Master
"must" use psychotropic drugs to enter altered state ? My route is based on meditation. DRugs are just one route, there are others !
Old 31-12-2015, 11:53 AM
Experiencer

I never knew drugs were not exactly a speakeasy thing here, no wonder my Nicene creed thread never went anywhere. Sorry about that BTW! A question tho, is it possible to discuss meds spiritually? Like Witnesses and Rastafarians, or personally as schizo affective?
Old 31-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Master

Ahem, dear friends, I draw your attention to the Spiritual Forum Rules, section 'Drug Talk' (FAQ toolbar, top left) ...

Drugs won't take you anywhere - except maybe prison or hospital!

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 01-01-2016, 12:39 AM
Super Moderator
Spiritual Forums has to draw lines somewhere, and we adhere to a vision which has been set by Matt, our founder. Of course, there are other venues and sites where drug discussions are welcomed, but not so here.
We are not here to judge anyone or their ways of finding truth.
Only to say that some things are -and some things are not -appropriate for this particular forum. That's all. Drug discussions have been deemed inappropriate, except for those who ask for help to leave drug-use behind.

Respect for that is surely within peoples' grasp?

Prescribed medications are a completely different matter of course.

Spiritual Forums Rules: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/faq.php?faq=vb_faq

"Drug Talk: Drugs used to be openly and maturely discussed when the forum was in its infancy, but due to a number of people actively promoting it for spiritual advancement we have prohibited its discussion completely with the one caveat of someone who is seeking support to come off drugs."
Closed Thread