Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 13-10-2018, 08:41 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Establishing parampara sampradaya was more important way back then, more than it is now.

When the head of a school of yoga did not have a Guru, but wanted to impress with lineage, mentioning that "I was a student of Baba" (a Guru who cannot be conveniently located for verification) is enough to silence any would-be critic..so let's just say that his reputation precedes him by miles and just leave it there.

Ok.I understand.So I should not look without.Shiv ji what is the response to my second response ,how do I look within,what do I need to do next to go all the way up there ?
Old 13-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Seeker

Shivani devi ji, i am a novice spiritual seeker. I am suffering from constant thoughts most of which are negative. Thoughts of someone taunting me or teasing me. I am practicing meditation and presence but the flow of thoughts are not reducing. Can you please give me some advice as to how i can quiet my mind.
Thankyou
Old 13-10-2018, 09:36 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
Thank you so much Shivani Devi ji and Shiv ji for telling it to me,I cannot express in words how much grateful I am to you and Shiv ji.

There are two things I want to say to you in response to Shiv ji.

1.I am talking about the Mahavatar Babaji who is/was guru of the incarnation Lahiri Mahasya ji and Lahri Mahasya ji was the guru of Sri Yukteswar ji.

2.Shivji I accept your advise of looking within and not without,what do I need to do next ? ,please advise me Shiv ji and Shivani Devi ji,I am willing to go all the way.

The friend you are talking about must be yourself or Shivani Devi ji and both of you are dear to my heart,I am not lying.
Well, I have a gift and I need to know that you can fully trust me with it...and with your life...not that it would ever get that far, but it may, my friend...it just may.

Not many are willing to get to know me well enough to ever find out...and if I could take any 'credit' whatsoever, it would be that "I" am doing anything, because it is YOU...ALL YOU!

Now, I do not want any money for this...NO $150 save it for your 'travel expenses'.

I don't want fame or notoriety...I am NOT your (or anybody elses) Guru! I am a friend who can give another friend a 'special gift' nothing more and nothing less than that...but I need your unconditional love and trust...and you'll get full control over this...we can stop at ANY time and I won't be offended...and we get to do it all here, in this thread.
Old 13-10-2018, 09:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waverider
Shivani devi ji, i am a novice spiritual seeker. I am suffering from constant thoughts most of which are negative. Thoughts of someone taunting me or teasing me. I am practicing meditation and presence but the flow of thoughts are not reducing. Can you please give me some advice as to how i can quiet my mind.
Thankyou
Greetings.

The best way of getting rid of negative thoughts, is to directly challenge them with a positive one "you are hopeless, Waverider!"..."Hey buster, I can tell you of a million times when I was not...which one of those would you like to hear first?"

The taunting teasing...just surrender to your fear. What is the worst they can do? say "Go on! bring it!...and give me ALL you got!..I am waiting!!" and I usually see the legions of the damned all toddling off with their tails between their legs...like the stray, mongrel hounds they are.

How I quieten my mind? say "no matter WHAT happens, there's a part of me that nothing can ever touch...let's go there".
Old 13-10-2018, 09:46 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Well, I have a gift and I need to know that you can fully trust me with it...and with your life...not that it would ever get that far, but it may, my friend...it just may.

Not many are willing to get to know me well enough to ever find out...and if I could take any 'credit' whatsoever, it would be that "I" am doing anything, because it is YOU...ALL YOU!

Now, I do not want any money for this...NO $150 save it for your 'travel expenses'.

I don't want fame or notoriety...I am NOT your (or anybody elses) Guru! I am a friend who can give another friend a 'special gift' nothing more and nothing less than that...but I need your unconditional love and trust...and you'll get full control over this...we can stop at ANY time and I won't be offended...and we get to do it all here, in this thread.

I just read about Parmahansa Yogananda ji giving unconditional love to his guru ji Sri Yukteswar.

I understand that you don't want to be my guru ,but at least you are a very good and dear friend of mine.I do give you my unconditional love and trust (that also means that I will give you my trust and love even if someday you stop listening to my requests for my own good etc...,that is what unconditional love means right ?...) .

So, I promise to give you my unconditional love and trust and you can get that verified from Shiv ji if you don't trust me fully as of now.

And yes,we will do it in this thread.
Old 13-10-2018, 09:59 AM
Master
Quote:
I just read about Parmahansa Yogananda ji giving unconditional love to his guru ji Sri Yukteswar.

I understand that you don't want to be my guru ,but at least you are a very good and dear friend of mine.I do give you my unconditional love and trust (that also means that I will give you my trust and love even if someday you stop listening to my requests for my own good etc...,that is what unconditional love means right ?...) .

So, I promise to give you my unconditional love and trust and you can get that verified from Shiv ji if you don't trust me fully as of now.

And yes,we will do it in this thread.
It is not that I don't want to be your Guru, I am just not worthy of that noble honour. It is humility which prevents it...but as you were, my dear friend.

Now, see that Yoga Nidra practice? save it somewhere...copy it and just do it! do it for a month to start with...and as you do it, feel my energy with you, like a friend holding your hand and saying "we can do this together". He is here with us now...and when I said "trust" I tend to confuse that with "surrender" sometimes...you asked "how did you know?" it is because I can sense the thirst.

So, we need to take this very slowly, one step at a time and that is your step for today...as well as re-reading this thread a few times..that's all for now.

I used to do this many years ago...I haven't done it in a very long time...don't know if it is even going to work online...but I am willing to give it a go...I feel positive about this.

Afterwards, I do tend to get a feeling like 'the quickening'...if anybody has ever watched Highlander...it is a real sight to behold.
Old 13-10-2018, 10:18 AM
Deactivated Account

1.I copied Yoga nidra method into a word document and will start doing it from tonight.

2.I looked at the whole thread once more ,here are the important bits according to me:
Quote:
We can have idealisms and conceptions of a 'mythical being' and we like to believe they exist in this place or that...but they exist "everywhere" and "all at once" and they have all the siddhis of omnipresence and omnipotence...so they can be "anywhere" and at "any time" and all it takes is a loving, open heart to access "their level".

You are too rooted in the "material aspect" of occult spirituality...Babaji is everywhere and nowhere...very elusive, if he even exists at ALL.
Quote:
You need to shift your level of perceptual awareness...like first...samadhi will follow.
Quote:
The biggest thing you need to consider when constructing a system like that is how much is "God" and how much is "human ego"? God doesn't speak to us using words...we need to translate it into words.

You can ask your questions....one at a time, because if I see a wall of inquiry with multiple questions within questions, my brain starts hurting.
Quote:
Secondly, let's do it this way. You are permitted to ask one question, at a time...no more than six words per question...and it must be done in this thread.

Quote:
Turiya is the 4th state and "conscious sleep" or the perfection of Yoga Nidra is the way to attain it...to be in that state that is neither awake nor asleep and from where, OBEs, NDEs and astral travelling can occur spontaneously.

How to practice Yoga Nidra:

First, there is laying down in shavasana, and starting the progressive muscle tension and relaxation mindfulness technique, starting with your toes, all the way up to the scalp...isolating each muscle group...breathing in...hold...tense up all you can...breathing out and relax.

As you breathe in, imagine prana or a golden light or love filling you,,,as you breathe out, let go of all anxieties, traumas and worries.

By the time you reach your head, your whole body will feel like a lead weight sinking into a deep, warm ocean.

Then bring your conscious awareness to wherever you like...to your breathing, 6 inches above your body, third eye, tip of nose, the blackness behind closed eyes and put all your concentration and awareness only there...but don't try or force it or strain...just watch your thoughts like programs on a TV...you can even change the channel a few times to have 'different thoughts' if you want...adjust the volume and the brightness of each thought until you can hardly see it or not see it at all...now you are starting to cook with gas. =)

Focus on "OM" or on a prayer/mantra, or your Guru on the image of Ishta Devata, on something that fills you with love and stirs your heart more than anything else could at that specific moment.

Allow yourself to feel that emotion and become it...lose yourself in the Infinite, but still maintain connection to this waking consciousness via a sleep that is not a sleep....this is Turiya and I have just given you the method to attain it through Yoga Nidra...do it for an hour each night before you are scheduled to sleep,,,because often, if you are very tired, sleep gonna happen after (or during) the muscle relaxation bit, but if the body needs it, just let it happen.

Quote:
I have just given you an example of how a question should be asked "What is turiya? How to Achieve?" and how these questions will be answered for once and forevermore starting with that one...
Quote:
Ypu can make it 7 or 8 words...as long as it can go straight through without me needing to think "what the hell am I reading?"

So ask away...you have already asked one question, it has been answered and Light Blue colour is my "channeling code" so ask away.

Also, please acknowledge that each question has been answered satisfactorily before moving on to the next one, because it gives me the impression that you did not read any previous replies and you are only asking questions for the heck of it...I am getting way serious here and showing you all what I am truly made of and capable of that I never get the opportunity to use on here...
Quote:
Don't look for "without" that which you can find "within" and you have a friend that's willing to take you all the way there...but only IF you are ready this time."
Quote:

Quote:
Now, see that Yoga Nidra practice? save it somewhere...copy it and just do it! do it for a month to start with...and as you do it, feel my energy with you, like a friend holding your hand and saying "we can do this together". He is here with us now...and when I said "trust" I tend to confuse that with "surrender" sometimes...you asked "how did you know?" it is because I can sense the thirst.

So, we need to take this very slowly, one step at a time and that is your step for today...as well as re-reading this thread a few times..that's all for now.

Well that's what I think sums up the most important things that I should remember from the thread until now.

3. Thank you a million times for being with me friend !
Old 13-10-2018, 11:08 AM
Master
Quote:
1.I copied Yoga nidra method into a word document and will start doing it from tonight.

2.I looked at the whole thread once more ,here are the important bits according to me:

Well that's what I think sums up the most important things that I should remember from the thread until now.

3. Thank you a million times for being with me friend !
You forgot the bit about reading the Svetasvatara Upanishad...Max Muller has a very nice ebook translation on Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7l16ENkLDU

Your "homework" is to read and study this Upanishad and FEEL the words rather than just read them.

2. Do your Yoga Nidra practice

3. Deeply consider what is going on, by just keeping those things you quoted in the back of your mind...

Now, I have been urged in spirit to formalise this...

Name: Shivani Devi - it doesn't matter anyway online.

Lineage...

Guru: Swami Satyananda Saraswati (Rishikesh)
His Guru: Swami Sivananda Saraswati (Rishikesh)

School: Tantra, Tibetan Buddhism, Pashupati Shaivism and Animism.

Now, there's some more homework if you like...it will give you 'extra creds'. lol

The Hinduism I practice and teach comes from the shamans of Bali, Indonesia,,,it is called Agama Hindu Dharma - Kaula school....you can research it.

Still up for the challenge?
Old 13-10-2018, 12:13 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
You forgot the bit about reading the Svetasvatara Upanishad...Max Muller has a very nice ebook translation on Youtube...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7l16ENkLDU

Your "homework" is to read and study this Upanishad and FEEL the words rather than just read them.

2. Do your Yoga Nidra practice

3. Deeply consider what is going on, by just keeping those things you quoted in the back of your mind...

I think I will just read the translation on my own.Saves a bit of time

Quote:
Now, I have been urged in spirit to formalise this...

Name: Shivani Devi - it doesn't matter anyway online.

Lineage...

Guru: Swami Satyananda Saraswati (Rishikesh)
His Guru: Swami Sivananda Saraswati (Rishikesh)

School: Tantra, Tibetan Buddhism, Pashupati Shaivism and Animism.

Name:Captainamerica
Guru:Shiv ji/Krishna ji
School:

Quote:
Now, there's some more homework if you like...it will give you 'extra creds'. lol

The Hinduism I practice and teach comes from the shamans of Bali, Indonesia,,,it is called Agama Hindu Dharma - Kaula school....you can research it.

I will research it tonight.

Quote:
Still up for the challenge?
Hell yes !!

I wanted to ask a question.

It does not matter from where it came from(I am gonna practice it faithfully regardless) ,but did Shiv ji give that big of a system to you through channeling ?Must have taken you some time to assimilate and process...
Old 13-10-2018, 12:20 PM
Master
Quote:
I think I will just read the translation on my own.Saves a bit of time

Name:Captainamerica
Guru:Shiv ji/Krishna ji
School:

I will research it tonight.

Hell yes !!

I wanted to ask a question.

It does not matter from where it came from(I am gonna practice it faithfully regardless) ,but did Shiv ji give that big of a system to you through channeling ?Must have taken you some time to assimilate and process...
Now all that remains is my little bunch of sticks *joking*

Seriously though, how's your heart beat? however it is, take a few deep, cleansing breaths and try to slow it down a bit.

So, which one do you like better, Krishma-Ji or Shiva-Ji? c'mon be honest...which of the two 'does it more' for you? increases that heart rate despite all the deep breaths taken to try and slow it down?

Oh joy...my brother's Maltese Terrier just puked all over the couch...be right back...