Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 15-10-2018, 03:43 AM
Master
Okay guys...the cornerstones of all my teachings and my whole philosophy:

1. Yoga Nidra - Already outlined in this thread (mindful, progressive muscle relaxation with energy visualisation).

2. Trataka - Fixed gazing with one-pointedness to increase concentration, rid mind of unwanted thoughts and open Third Eye.

3. Nadi Shodhana/Anuloma Viloma - Alternate nostril breathing to balance pranic flow, clear the chakras and stabilise the flow of Nara.

4. Devotion to Ishvara - to open the heart, promote feelings of love and joy and give the ego 'something better' to be surrendered to, other than a mundane, worldly existence.

5. Personalised Rituals - from chanting specific mantras, doing the accompanying mudras (Like saying "Namaste" and doing the Anjali Mudra)...I have found a connection to movement through Mantra...also, these 'rituals' may consist of drawing/making mandalas and Yantras, doing special pujas on specific days, taking certain herbal supplements etc...you get it.

The books I use:

Svetasvatara Upanishad
Katha Upanishad
Taittreya Upanishad
Yoga Kundali Upanishad
The Rig Veda
Vigyan Bhairav Tantra
Mahanirvana Tantra
The Mahāvairocana-abhisaṃbodhi-tantra
The Skanda Purana
The Dakshinamurthy Stotrams
Sure Ways To Self Realisation - Swami Satyananda
Patanjali's Yoga Sutras/Aphorisms
Soundarya Lahari and Ananda Lahari by Adi Shankaracharya
The Hatha Yoga Pradipika - Swami Svatmarama

These are the basic things to get on the same path/page that I am on.
Old 15-10-2018, 04:54 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Okay guys...the cornerstones of all my teachings and my whole philosophy:

1. Yoga Nidra - Already outlined in this thread (mindful, progressive muscle relaxation with energy visualisation).

2. Trataka - Fixed gazing with one-pointedness to increase concentration, rid mind of unwanted thoughts and open Third Eye.

3. Nadi Shodhana/Anuloma Viloma - Alternate nostril breathing to balance pranic flow, clear the chakras and stabilise the flow of Nara.

4. Devotion to Ishvara - to open the heart, promote feelings of love and joy and give the ego 'something better' to be surrendered to, other than a mundane, worldly existence.

5. Personalised Rituals - from chanting specific mantras, doing the accompanying mudras (Like saying "Namaste" and doing the Anjali Mudra)...I have found a connection to movement through Mantra...also, these 'rituals' may consist of drawing/making mandalas and Yantras, doing special pujas on specific days, taking certain herbal supplements etc...you get it.

The books I use:

Svetasvatara Upanishad
Katha Upanishad
Taittreya Upanishad
Yoga Kundali Upanishad
The Rig Veda
Vigyan Bhairav Tantra
Mahanirvana Tantra
The Mahāvairocana-abhisaṃbodhi-tantra
The Skanda Purana
The Dakshinamurthy Stotrams
Sure Ways To Self Realisation - Swami Satyananda
Patanjali's Yoga Sutras/Aphorisms
Soundarya Lahari and Ananda Lahari by Adi Shankaracharya
The Hatha Yoga Pradipika - Swami Svatmarama

These are the basic things to get on the same path/page that I am on.

It will take me some time but I will finish all of it.
Old 15-10-2018, 05:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
It will take me some time but I will finish all of it.
It is forever ongoing my love...forever ongoing...
Old 15-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Shivani Devi ji,

Did you get a chance to look at my second question for channeling ?

It is on page no. 4.

You were making another post while I submitted that request so there might be a chance you missed it unintentionally.

Please let me know if I have to improve it or make it short.
Old 15-10-2018, 03:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Shivani Devi ji,

Did you get a chance to look at my second question for channeling ?

It is on page no. 4.

You were making another post while I submitted that request so there might be a chance you missed it unintentionally.

Please let me know if I have to improve it or make it short.
Well, I was just looking at it, when my 17 year old niece came in...

"Hey auntie...I would like to bond with you...what say we paint mandalas whilst drinking wheatgrass juice and watching soap carving demonstrations on Youtube?"

I mean, who wouldn't be able to say no to that, right?

Four hours later I am back on SF...

Hasn't Shiv-Ji already given you enough for now? This was the issue He was having with you before and why He went totally silent.

You would ask questions, He would answer them and then you will say "I'll look into those answers when I have more time because I have to study" and then, the very next day, you are straight back to asking different questions...then Shiva answers them and you say "I'll look into those answers after I finish studying" and the next day, even more questions. You NEVER comment on what was written before...ask any questions about all that...just ask a whole new set...until Shiv-Ji basically says "I'm outta here...good luck with captain".
Old 15-10-2018, 04:09 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Well, I was just looking at it, when my 17 year old niece came in...

"Hey auntie...I would like to bond with you...what say we paint mandalas whilst drinking wheatgrass juice and watching soap carving demonstrations on Youtube?"

I mean, who wouldn't be able to say no to that, right?

Four hours later I am back on SF...

Hasn't Shiv-Ji already given you enough for now? This was the issue He was having with you before and why He went totally silent.

You would ask questions, He would answer them and then you will say "I'll look into those answers when I have more time because I have to study" and then, the very next day, you are straight back to asking more questions...then Shiva answers them and you say "I'll look into those answers after I finish studying" and the next day, even more questions. You NEVER comment on what was written before...ask any questions about all that...just ask a whole new set...until Shiv-Ji basically says "I'm outta here...good luck with captain".

Oh !,ok ,I understand ,thank you so much for letting me know and sorry for the trouble.

Actually I am still following your advice ,just read some of the books you recommended and did yoga nidra last night also.It will take me some time to get back to Shiv ji with my doubts on turiya and the path you are showing me as I am still doing yoga nidra and doing your homework ,and btw I am loving it.
Old 15-10-2018, 04:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Oh !,ok ,I understand ,thank you so much for letting me know and sorry for the trouble.

Actually I am still following your advice ,just read some of the books you recommended and did yoga nidra last night also.It will take me some time to get back to Shiv ji with my doubts on turiya and the path you are showing me as I am still doing yoga nidra and doing your homework ,and btw I am loving it.
I am glad you are liking this path and it is producing results...but tell me, do you expect to have all these doubts in advance? that is very strange.

So many people go into spiritual things with the mindset of; "let me find things to hate and criticise about this practice"...so it is best if they don't do it at all, you know?

My brother is one of these..."I am very interested in the paranormal...only because EVERYTHING can be debunked"...he is a 'proud skeptic' but unfortunately, he is also a fiercely proselytizing one.

So, you don't dare mention Qi Gong around him because he does not believe that people have energy inside them...and he ALWAYS follows it up with a video from his idol and hero (whom he worships)...James Randi.

So, after I slipped and mentioned the word "telekinesis" he showed me this clip (that I have seen a million times before)...

James Randi exposes James Hydrick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfMsZwr8rc

Thing is, James Randi always picks the easy ones...he won't go about debunking anything unless he knows that it CAN be debunked upfront...or else, he is simply "not interested" because he cannot debunk it...my brother is the same.

After watching that video only to pacify him, I showed him another, whereby telekinesis was demonstrated in a controlled laboratory environment, surrounded by many scientists...

Nina Kulagina - Telekinesis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jgMzcRxxEE

There was no way any 'trickery' could EVER be introduced and it was performed under the strictest of scientific scrutiny...but all my brother could say "what a fake... a fraud! there is NO WAY that is legit...she must be doing some cheap trickery SOMEWHERE...it's only a matter of time before somebody finds out exactly how she is doing it...so nope, not impressed".

So, skeptics go into things with a whole negative mindset to begin with...they LOOK for things to laugh and scoff at just to bignote themselves and ridicule others...and if they can't find anything, it means they are not looking hard enough...totally discounting any possibility that it may not even be there in the first place...

Just a little story that relates.
Old 15-10-2018, 04:42 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
I am glad you are liking this path and it is producing results...but tell me, do you expect to have these doubts in advance? that is very strange.

So many people go into spiritual things with the mindset of; "let me find things to hate and criticise about this practice"...so it is best if they don't do it at all, you know?

My brother is one of these..."I am very interested in the paranormal...only because EVERYTHING can be debunked"...he is a 'proud skeptic' but unfortunately, he is also a fiercely proselytizing one.

So, you don't dare mention Qi Gong around him because he does not believe that people have energy inside them...and he ALWAYS follows it up with a video from his idol and hero (whom he worships)...James Randi.

So, after I slipped and mentioned the word "telekinesis" he showed me this clip (that I have seen a million times before)...

James Randi exposes James Hydrick
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QlfMsZwr8rc

Thing is, James Randi always picks the easy ones...he won't go about debunking anything unless he knows that it CAN be debunked upfront...or else, he is simply "not interested" because he cannot debunk it...my brother is the same.

After watching that video only to pacify him, I showed him another, whereby telekinesis was demonstrated in a controlled laboratory environment, surrounded by many scientists...

Nina Kulagina - Telekinesis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jgMzcRxxEE

There was no way any 'trickery' could EVER be introduced and it was performed under the strictest of scientific scrutiny...but all my brother could say "what a fake... a fraud! there is NO WAY that is legit...she must be doing some cheap trickery SOMEWHERE...it's only a matter of time before somebody finds out exactly how she is doing it...so nope, not impressed".

So, skeptics go into things with a whole negative mindset to begin with...they LOOK for things to laugh and scoff at just to bignote themselves and ridicule others...and if they can't find anything, it means they are not looking hard enough...totally discounting any possibility that it may not even be there in the first place...

Just a little story that relates.

No I am not skeptical.By " doubts" I meant that I might do something wrong or maybe I won't understand some important concept of it properly.
As I sometimes say to myself "english is a funny language"
Old 16-10-2018, 05:14 AM
Deactivated Account

I did yoga nidra again last night ,I was able to dream while almost being awake but I was unable to alter that dream.
Old 16-10-2018, 06:26 AM
Deactivated Account

Friend ,have you ever had the feeling that no matter what you do true satisfaction can be only given by god ?