Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 08-03-2013, 05:11 PM
Master

I say, enjoy and be proud of your differences.
Not as superiority, but just as who you are.

I even try to be weird on purpose, because the more I know the more I see that all the things people try to label as "wrong", "weird", "abnormal", those differences rarely matter a hill of beans to me. And anyone who would reject me based on such is probably someone I'm not that interested in befriending.

Then it goes to say too that others can be just how they are - I feel. There are no rules except be true to yourself and try to stick to the highest principles and values you feel to be true and worthy. That's how I see it.

As for the people who conform, and who judge me as being "weird", "wrong", other endless labels.... One of the most liberating things for me was to realize that they can be just how they are, and I don't want to judge them. I just want to get away from their behavior that bothers me, when they are rude, mean, try to put me in a box or judge me.

Another thing that helps me is realize that I don't want to be like them. I actually feel a little sorry for them, because they're missing out when they're so narrow-minded. It makes it easier for me to bear them and let it slide off my back, even though I try not to look at it as me being superior, once again. I am so glad to be me, I love all my weirdness, even when it's not always good, there are usually gifts and positive sides to any negative coin.

I try to screen out all the people who don't share my values from my social circle as much as possible, if they would try to treat me in ways that I don't want to deal with. I try to be as weird as possible and highlight my different values and my different personality in order to put off those who I don't share values with and who would try to use me or mold me into being how they want.

You can see I've thought about this a lot. lol That is because it has been a continual struggle all my life and I am trying to plan a way to create my own life and social sphere that reflect and supports my values, weirdness and inner joy of being an outcast, and loving myself just as I am. Maybe I'll move somewhere really off the wall one day just to support this effort. haha I don't know how much of this applies to your situation, but thought I'd share.
Old 08-03-2013, 07:03 PM
sesheta

When I was in school, I was never part of the "in crowd" either. I had a small group of friends, and we all formed our own little crowd...and you know what? I think we had more fun than the "in crowd" did!! Why? Because we weren't worried about always fitting in, having copy-cat clothes, hair, etc....we just were who we were, and were happy on the fringe
I also think that you also have to have a sense of humour about it, as well, however....
I have worn glasses since the 4th grade, so yeah, I was called 4-eyes a lot!! But it never bothered me..I would just tease the person back about something else, and laugh along with them...and once they realized I could take a joke, or would not get upset by their teasing - they stopped.
Being able to laugh at yourself, and not take everything so seriously, really helps ...because sometimes people are teasing you, or pulling pranks on you..but it's simply their way of trying to be friendly with you, or get you to "come out of your shell" a little bit...If you treat everything as a personal attack, then yeah, it will be worse.
And school ends - once you're out of school, and out in the "real world" you will find that all that stuff fades into non-existence
Old 08-03-2013, 09:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I don't think so, because the way they put 'them' down isn't right. It is actually the leaches fear, or is that just a way of self aggrandizment through putting 'them' down? It's funny ay... because we're oh so loving spiritual ones 'we are love' and all that, but it's 'them' wots the problem... teehee.
These pest who destroy other peoples lives need to be put down, they need to have their problem and why they are the way they are rubbed into their face, hopefully then they will wake up to them selves and be of some use to society.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:39 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
These pest who destroy other peoples lives need to be put down, they need to have their problem and why they are the way they are rubbed into their face, hopefully then they will wake up to them selves and be of some use to society.

Or we could show them kindness and treat them the way we want to be treated ourselves just keep showing them that their efforts in breaking us is effortless and show them a more beautiful world than the one they show us.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Or we could show them kindness and treat them the way we want to be treated ourselves just keep showing them that their efforts in breaking us is effortless and show them a more beautiful world than the one they show us.
Yes we could, but some people just don't respond to feelings of love, that is usually why they are the way they are. Punishment is part of life, we have to put many into jails to protect the people who are trying to do the right thing, so as we all can live together. These people are no different, they also need to be punished for the good of all.

Last edited by arive nan : 14-07-2013 at 05:06 AM.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:52 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Yes we could, but some people just don't respond to feelings of love, that is usually why they are the way they are. Punishment is part of life, we have to put many into jails to protect the people who are trying to do the right thing, so as we all can live together. These people are no different, they also need to be punished for the good of all.

As far as I understand there is no right or wrong, good or bad. So neither do there exist a "for the good of all". Also; there was a reason why I did not use the word love. But what I see: the better I am at applying the wisdom of not trying to control my world the more peaceful it becomes, so the question is that doing what you suggest is not the very thing that creates the problems, the struggle, the separation and all that?
Old 08-03-2013, 11:58 PM
Master
Quote:
As far as I understand there is no right or wrong, good or bad. So neither do there exist a "for the good of all". Also; there was a reason why I did not use the word love. But what I see: the better I am at applying the wisdom of not trying to control my world the more peaceful it becomes, so the question is that doing what you suggest is not the very thing that creates the problems, the struggle, the separation and all that?
In the world of Oneness you are right, but there is this illusory world and we all have to play this illusory dream, we all or should I say most of us try to live this dream in peace, those who don't play the game as such are only a nusense and need to be dealt with for the good of all else, this is the reality of the dream.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:00 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
In the world of Oneness you are right, but there is this illusory world and we all have to play this illusory dream, we all or should I say most of us try to live this dream in peace, those who don't play the game as such are only a nusense and need to be dealt with for the good of all else, this is the reality of the dream.

And I believe that this world is part of the Oneness so what are your point? that the world is not one?
Old 09-03-2013, 12:13 AM
Master
Quote:
And I believe that this world is part of the Oneness so what are your point? that the world is not one?
Yes the world is One, but like the waves on the ocean believing they are separate, we also believe we are separate, even for the wave to say it is the ocean is wrong , if all is One there is no need to say anything. So here we are believing we are the waves and saying that we are One at the same time, I am the ocean because I cannot be anything else, you are looking at me as the wave, and that is where the difference seem to appear.

Old 09-03-2013, 12:22 AM
amy green

There is a very similar thread to this one (just by way of additional food for thought)

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=46037