Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 09-09-2012, 02:36 AM
Quinn the Eskimo

oneness is the goal, not many of us are "above" the daily struggles that you mention, thats where the practice comes in

Youre right, though, its not the waking experience of any of us here. We obviously live in a world of two-ness and experience it as such
Old 09-09-2012, 03:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
That indeed takes it one step further, more to a level of physics and that's fine. I can see my finger as being separate or being part of the whole hand and then my hand being part of the whole arm etc.
But does reading the manual give us any better understanding or does it just make us good readers?

There are a million texts that say what is, but serve only readers.

I'm really speaking in metaphysical terms. In terms of being conscious. One's and Two's are more to do with phsyics, but life doesn't experience numeric devises. It experiences being.

The fingers hands and arms are seen as seperate and also of one body, but prior to that analysis, the experience of them validates that they are. There's an immediate point where it's noticed... and that's an entirely subjective perception... un-named.

The schools of thought will debate reality vs illusion and ones vs twos, but the doubtless agreement is 'beingness' (for want of not saying a word). This presence that is conscious has no questionability, it just happens to be and it knows it.

They say things about one and two, but OK, leave it to their own, be happy weather it be the truth of not... for this all has no bearing on you, or me... being is prior to; and also beyond comparison. We're not the measurements of each other, we're not scalar events... There is no descriptions of what we are, we just are the way we are, and so be it.

The way of all people is to make full expressions of themself. Matters not the contents, all contents need expression equally, to be seen, felt, experienced in the light of consciousness.

It isn't the voices and the texts which purvey Truth like trinkets, 'oh one so precious and two for half price'. The truth is someting that means the potential is there for discovery.

I'm just having a rave.

Old 09-09-2012, 03:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Oneness. Held aloof by teachers and seekers alike. All one needs to do is drop the O word into the mix and all fall silent and reverent on it's uttering.
I am not diminishing it's validity as an ultimate way of being but I do question the constant use of it being paraded about at times by anyone as simply just another form of forum gamesmanship or by gurus trying to sell books.
In our own minds, we tend to saddle ourselves with all sorts of concepts and ideals that make it hard enough to break through. We can view ourselves as either Gods or Monsters with not much in between and take lifetimes just to shake off these values. Does the idea of oneness add to our burden or does it instill us with lifeforce to journey on?
How many of us here live in an illuminated world of non duality and oneness? How many of us are above the day to day problems of this life? How many of us are free of even our own minds ( without the use of medication or drugs )
If I sound cynical, please hear me out. I have simply seen Oneness used time and time again in line with the 'everything is illusion' and 'I don't exist' arguements that simply serve as another form of a verbal contest. I find the use of it redundant as it simply doesn't encompass where most of us are on the path and I simply question the motivation of the story tellers.
So again, I am not arguing about the validity of oneness, simply the effectiveness of holding it high when it is simply not the waking experience of the bulk of us. Is it just another concept for heaven? Is it any more pertinent than religious doctrine? Is it not more beneficial to stand where we are, rather then further desire any other state of existance? Please input if you feel so drawn to. I am not fixed one way or the other , simply just turning up rocks and seeing what lies beneath.

every generation has its paradigm.
its the new Zeitgeist (spirit of the times)
a paradigm shift if you will.
its a philosophy which turn out to has scientific and logical foundation and can be validated by experience.
even as taken as a belief i'm sure it will benefit mankind because it is less superstitious than most beliefs in the market now. it is meant to replace an old paradigm of separation, each man to his own and an attitude that only think for himself and his narrow point of view.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:09 AM
Dr.Truth

Quote:
Oneness. Held aloof by teachers and seekers alike. All one needs to do is drop the O word into the mix and all fall silent and reverent on it's uttering.
I am not diminishing it's validity as an ultimate way of being but I do question the constant use of it being paraded about at times by anyone as simply just another form of forum gamesmanship or by gurus trying to sell books.
In our own minds, we tend to saddle ourselves with all sorts of concepts and ideals that make it hard enough to break through. We can view ourselves as either Gods or Monsters with not much in between and take lifetimes just to shake off these values. Does the idea of oneness add to our burden or does it instill us with lifeforce to journey on?
How many of us here live in an illuminated world of non duality and oneness? How many of us are above the day to day problems of this life? How many of us are free of even our own minds ( without the use of medication or drugs )
If I sound cynical, please hear me out. I have simply seen Oneness used time and time again in line with the 'everything is illusion' and 'I don't exist' arguements that simply serve as another form of a verbal contest. I find the use of it redundant as it simply doesn't encompass where most of us are on the path and I simply question the motivation of the story tellers.
So again, I am not arguing about the validity of oneness, simply the effectiveness of holding it high when it is simply not the waking experience of the bulk of us. Is it just another concept for heaven? Is it any more pertinent than religious doctrine? Is it not more beneficial to stand where we are, rather then further desire any other state of existance? Please input if you feel so drawn to. I am not fixed one way or the other , simply just turning up rocks and seeing what lies beneath.

Hi Buzz,

In my humble opinion Spiritual Mastery is the ability to meditate so deeply that you can access samadhi - total silence whenever you want to.

What happens in that state is that you realise that you are in fact the whole universe. There is no time, no nothing really, just a vastness and an indescribable feeling.

This bliss can then be carried into daily life but it wears off after some time.

So, all this stuff about reality vs. illusion is just a matter of degree.
Old 09-09-2012, 04:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
every generation has its paradigm.
its the new Zeitgeist (spirit of the times)
a paradigm shift if you will.
its a philosophy which turn out to has scientific and logical foundation and can be validated by experience.
even as taken as a belief i'm sure it will benefit mankind because it is less superstitious than most beliefs in the market now. it is meant to replace an old paradigm of separation, each man to his own and an attitude that only think for himself and his narrow point of view.

I don't think so. Experience validates something is happening and that there's present awareness. Is that ever really ever 'one', or is there a certain distinction between the awareness and the object of awarness?
Old 09-09-2012, 05:10 AM
Master
In a way there's almost no point in talking about oneness, which can't be adequately defined or described... except so that when it spontaneously shows up in someone's awareness they might not ignore it but say, "Oh! That's what they were talking about" and give it full attention.

Xan

Old 09-09-2012, 06:24 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Truth
Hi Buzz,

In my humble opinion Spiritual Mastery is the ability to meditate so deeply that you can access samadhi - total silence whenever you want to.

What happens in that state is that you realise that you are in fact the whole universe. There is no time, no nothing really, just a vastness and an indescribable feeling.

This bliss can then be carried into daily life but it wears off after some time.

So, all this stuff about reality vs. illusion is just a matter of degree.
Yes. A matter of degrees, I like that. When most talk about omeness it is done in absolutes. That has never been part of my experience, but degrees have. Thanks.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:31 AM
silent whisper

I like this!

http://www.reconnections.net/oneness_index.htm

THE BASICS OF ONENESS

1. All of life is a dream that is being experienced by the ONESELF.

2. As is usually the case in dream interpretations--every person, object, or situation that appears in the dream is an aspect of YOU, the Cosmic Dreamer, and your entire universe is your mirror.

3. You have chosen to incarnate into a physical universe. There is really only ONE PERSON here---one person who has divided him/herself into as many fragments of the ONESELF as are needed to portray a truth, feel a feeling, or learn more about the infinite Being which we all are.

4. Just as there are many fragments seen within a universe (uni=one), so are there an infinite number of universes contained within the MULTIVERSE, which is a "wherehouse" for the storage and keeping of All That Is.

5. Every person, object, situation, or location represents a VIEWPOINT for the Oneself to enjoy and observe the All That Is. You do not merely reside within a single physical body, though it may sometimes appear to be so. You are everywhere and you are everything.

6. Truth is also everywhere, and in everything. In the Multiverse, there is a universe that literally honors and embodies every single belief or system of belief imaginable (and then some). There is no such thing as disagreement within a multidimensional reality. There are only variations upon a common theme. At the heart of each theme is always YOU.

7. What separates each individual universe is the VEIL OF FORGETFULNESS, a semi-permeable membrane that surrounds each viewpoint and temporarily blocks remembrance of Self at all the other levels at which you exist. Like blinders on a horse, the Veil allows each separated viewpoint the freedom to experience its universe without being distracted by the other possibilities which are also available.

8. Time and Space exist as punctuation marks in a limitless composition that is being written by the Oneself. They are notations, regulating the beat and measure for a concerto which has played and which will be played throughout all eternity. All time is now. All space is here.

9. There is really only ONE Multiversal moment, divided into an infinite number of fragments, which are apportioned to as many universes as is required to embody everyone and accomplish everything imaginable (while always adding just a little bit more).

10. All of the above applies to YOU, the ONESELF Cosmic Dreamer, unless you say otherwise.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:49 AM
Buzz

Quote:
Originally Posted by silent whisper
I like this!

http://www.reconnections.net/oneness_index.htm

THE BASICS OF ONENESS

1. All of life is a dream that is being experienced by the ONESELF.

2. As is usually the case in dream interpretations--every person, object, or situation that appears in the dream is an aspect of YOU, the Cosmic Dreamer, and your entire universe is your mirror.

3. You have chosen to incarnate into a physical universe. There is really only ONE PERSON here---one person who has divided him/herself into as many fragments of the ONESELF as are needed to portray a truth, feel a feeling, or

learn more about the infinite Being which we all are.

4. Just as there are many fragments seen within a universe (uni=one), so are there an infinite number of universes contained within the MULTIVERSE, which is a "wherehouse" for the storage and keeping of All That Is.

5. Every person, object, situation, or location represents a VIEWPOINT for the Oneself to enjoy and observe the All That Is. You do not merely reside within a single physical body, though it may sometimes appear to be so. You areeverywhere and you are everything.

6. Truth is also everywhere, and in everything. In the Multiverse, there is a universe that literally honors and embodies every single belief or system of belief imaginable (and then some). There is no such thing as disagreement within a multidimensional reality. There are only variations upon a common theme. At the heart of each theme is always YOU.

7. What separates each individual universe is the VEIL OF FORGETFULNESS, a semi-permeable membrane that surrounds each viewpoint and temporarily blocks remembrance of Self at all the other levels at which you exist. Like blinders on a horse, the Veil allows each separated viewpoint the freedom to experience its universe without being distracted by the other possibilities which are also available.
8. Time and Space exist as punctuation marks in a limitless composition that is being written by the Oneself. They are notations, regulating the beat and measure for a concerto which has played and which will be played throughout all eternity. All time is now. All space is here.

9. There is really only ONE Multiversal moment, divided into an infinite number of fragments, which are apportioned to as many universes as is required to embody everyone and accomplish everything imaginable (while always adding just a little bit more).

10. All of the above applies to YOU, the ONESELF Cosmic Dreamer, unless you say otherwise.

So I guess that is why we have an awakening!! Thats an amazing read SW but it doesn't figure in my life as more than pretty words on paper. I don't refute one single word of it. It simply doesn't gel with me as something to grab hold of. At the same time I can't block it either, it simply doesn't rez.
Old 09-09-2012, 07:16 AM
silent whisper

Quote:
So I guess that is why we have an awakening!! Thats an amazing read SW but it doesn't figure in my life as more than pretty words on paper. I don't refute one single word of it. It simply doesn't gel with me as something to grab hold of. At the same time I can't block it either, it simply doesn't rez.

It doesnt have too really.....I am just sharing words that show how it all feels and resonates to me under the heading of the oneness...sometimes I just cant find the words to put it all on paper...so when I find things of this nature, and it resonates it becomes part of my own reality to share.....