Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 31-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

I am under no illusion that Buddha had any better understanding of truth than anyone else.. truth evolves with the individual's understanding of it, it is a value unique to the individual's understanding, including Buddha..

Be well..

Yes..........I think it is a value unique to the times as well. Understanding grows and becomes clearer over time as a whole. My feeling is that it evolves.

James
Old 31-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Humm

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Hi James: Thanks for the clarity.. the post, referenced by Humm, was intended to illustrate that there are different opinions, opinions unique to the experiencer, and.. neither my opinion nor anyone else's is absolute or infallible.. i present my opinions as balancing perspectives where others try to assert their opinions as 'the truth' or absolute..

I sense that i have experienced 'truth', as have many others, but.. i am aware that when the 'mind' translates those 'experiences' into the concepts necessary for communication, that there will be influences such as conditioning, preferences and prejudices, desires and beliefs.. those influences can be minimized, but when anyone asserts their descriptions as absolute, they are more interested in influencing others to agree with their descriptions, than minimizing ambiguous abstractions..

Be well..

In your opinion do you feel your perspective is more balanced than others? Do you feel that your opinion 'minimizes' conditioning, preferences and prejudices, desires and beliefs, and ambiguous distractions more than others? In your opinion, do you feel you are less interested in influencing others to agree with your 'descriptions' than others - and if not, why characterize others as trying to?

Finally, do you think the bolded portion above is an absolute truth - and if not, why state it as one?

Just curious.

Last edited by Humm : 31-03-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 31-03-2012, 04:35 PM
Mountain-Goat

Worship - Love unquestioningly and uncritically or to excess; venerate as an idol.
Some do and some don't.