Spiritual Forums

Home


Donate!


Articles


CHAT!


Shop


 
Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-01-2017, 07:39 PM
TheTraveler TheTraveler is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 289
  TheTraveler's Avatar
Question Stampede & Kingdom Surrounded By Darkness

Evening all

Been a while since I've posted any dream threads, been having a hard time remembering them for some reason which is unusual for me. So last night I had a series of dreams and I remember two of them rather well.

The first one I'm in some savannah/desert region, there are two other people with me. I see a heard of Wildebeest that begin running in my direction and I tell the other two people that we need to find cover. We run behind a small overhang and watch the Wildebeest stampede past us. Emotion wise I wasn't scared or worried even, more like I was in an observer mindset if that makes sense?

The second dream looked like I was viewing a map from high up, I could see a region of hills and mountains etc. There was a kingdom glowing in white light and it was mine, surrounded by darkness and black lands. The buildings on this map looked similar to chess pieces. I remember being worried that if they attack again I will surely lose. It was rather eerie being the last bit of light and surrounded by lands of darkness.

So, what can you all tell me regarding the symbols in these dreams?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-01-2017, 03:58 PM
H:O:R:A:C:E H:O:R:A:C:E is offline
Master
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 6,899
  H:O:R:A:C:E's Avatar
for some reason, the wildebeest seem to represent a crowd of non-thoughtful
people to me -- humans, as if they're animals, with a herd mentality.
something spooks the crowd, and you can't effectively interact with them,
just duck and cover (which you do easily, while guiding friends to safety).
this seems "matter-of-fact" for you, so you're well aware of the potentialities.

the 2nd dream seems to be speaking of the battle for who rules the planet.
you see it as if it were a chess game.
the forces of darkness appear to have you outnumbered and surrounded.
i submit that your worry is unfounded. there is no source for darkness...
Source is light.
the forces of darkness cannot attack you because they have no animating principle.
the principle of animation comes from Source. there is no substance to the threat.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 05-01-2017, 12:02 AM
Clear Blue Sky Clear Blue Sky is offline
Guide
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 547
 
I like what H:O:R:A:C:E says about your second dream; I actually think the first dream relates to it. The scene of you safely observing the stampede reminds me of what they say about Clearing in Meditation, calmly observe your thoughts and emotions as they blow by.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 05-01-2017, 11:19 AM
Michelle11 Michelle11 is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,170
  Michelle11's Avatar
I suspect this dream may be related to the suppression and avoidance of emotions. I say this because the events take place in a desert which is symbolic of dryness or lack of emotions. In the dream you hide from a wild beast (wildebeast) which suggest something that is a monster because it is out of control. Instead of confronting it you find it wiser to hide from the issue. This allows you to keep a safe perspective when emotional events happen. Detach from emotions and they can't take control over your person.

The dream then shifts to the world you have create for yourself by avoiding your emotions. It is important to see the whole picture to see that though we may believe we are doing a good job protecting ourselves, even going so far as to create what appears to be a peaceful world for ourselves, the threat still looms. In fact the threat becomes even bigger the more we self protect and build walls and armor around ourselves.

I have heard it said that whether we realize it or not our emotions that are not dealt with do not simply vanish. They stay within our energy field and grow and fester inside us causing discord and possible eventual illness. The fact that your peaceful state of being is surrounded by darkness suggests to me there is some pent up negative feelings that need confronting before they wreak havoc on your life. So just assess for yourself how you respond to people and situations that are upsetting. Do you avoid anger? Do you avoid taking chances in life? It is very common for people to be taught to avoid negative emotions like anger, sadness and fear but all emotions serve a purpose. They may be uncomfortable in the moment and we may lose a bit of control of our words when we get overly emotional when we don't have good emotional skills but suppressing and avoiding really only harms us in the long run. Emotions aren't the enemy contrary to what most of us were taught. They help us navigate the world to know what works and what doesn't work. If we don't allow them a voice then we may wind up a conformist who lives by other people's standards or hiding in the shadows of life avoiding risk in order to be safe but at what cost? Emotions can make us feel wildly out of control but we can learn how to manage them like anything else, with practice, but we need to allow them into our life to get the practice. I'm finding Mindfulness to be a good tool.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:04 PM
TheTraveler TheTraveler is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 289
  TheTraveler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by H:O:R:A:C:E
for some reason, the wildebeest seem to represent a crowd of non-thoughtful
people to me -- humans, as if they're animals, with a herd mentality.
something spooks the crowd, and you can't effectively interact with them,
just duck and cover (which you do easily, while guiding friends to safety).
this seems "matter-of-fact" for you, so you're well aware of the potentialities.

the 2nd dream seems to be speaking of the battle for who rules the planet.
you see it as if it were a chess game.
the forces of darkness appear to have you outnumbered and surrounded.
i submit that your worry is unfounded. there is no source for darkness...
Source is light.
the forces of darkness cannot attack you because they have no animating principle.
the principle of animation comes from Source. there is no substance to the threat.

I think I understand what you mean regarding the second part of my dream, thanks HORACE
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 05-01-2017, 04:07 PM
TheTraveler TheTraveler is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 289
  TheTraveler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
I suspect this dream may be related to the suppression and avoidance of emotions. I say this because the events take place in a desert which is symbolic of dryness or lack of emotions. In the dream you hide from a wild beast (wildebeast) which suggest something that is a monster because it is out of control. Instead of confronting it you find it wiser to hide from the issue. This allows you to keep a safe perspective when emotional events happen. Detach from emotions and they can't take control over your person.

The dream then shifts to the world you have create for yourself by avoiding your emotions. It is important to see the whole picture to see that though we may believe we are doing a good job protecting ourselves, even going so far as to create what appears to be a peaceful world for ourselves, the threat still looms. In fact the threat becomes even bigger the more we self protect and build walls and armor around ourselves.

I have heard it said that whether we realize it or not our emotions that are not dealt with do not simply vanish. They stay within our energy field and grow and fester inside us causing discord and possible eventual illness. The fact that your peaceful state of being is surrounded by darkness suggests to me there is some pent up negative feelings that need confronting before they wreak havoc on your life. So just assess for yourself how you respond to people and situations that are upsetting. Do you avoid anger? Do you avoid taking chances in life? It is very common for people to be taught to avoid negative emotions like anger, sadness and fear but all emotions serve a purpose. They may be uncomfortable in the moment and we may lose a bit of control of our words when we get overly emotional when we don't have good emotional skills but suppressing and avoiding really only harms us in the long run. Emotions aren't the enemy contrary to what most of us were taught. They help us navigate the world to know what works and what doesn't work. If we don't allow them a voice then we may wind up a conformist who lives by other people's standards or hiding in the shadows of life avoiding risk in order to be safe but at what cost? Emotions can make us feel wildly out of control but we can learn how to manage them like anything else, with practice, but we need to allow them into our life to get the practice. I'm finding Mindfulness to be a good tool.

I do have a habit of avoiding emotions (i'm working on it). A lot of what you have said makes sense. I have been meditating every night since September of last year, I feel it has helped and I've had some interesting things happen.

Thank you Michelle
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 05-01-2017, 05:14 PM
Michelle11 Michelle11 is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,170
  Michelle11's Avatar
But are you meditating to bring your repressed feelings to the surface or are you meditating to reach a state of bliss? It's an easy trap to fall into. I myself was on a quest to find eternal bliss by becoming 'evolved' and in the process was just reinforcing the avoidance of feeling my emotions fully. In any event, mindfulness isn't the same as meditation. Mindfulness involves an aspect of investigation that meditation may or may not contain. So why do you meditate? What are you trying to achieve with it?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 05-01-2017, 08:56 PM
TheTraveler TheTraveler is offline
Experiencer
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 289
  TheTraveler's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle11
But are you meditating to bring your repressed feelings to the surface or are you meditating to reach a state of bliss? It's an easy trap to fall into. I myself was on a quest to find eternal bliss by becoming 'evolved' and in the process was just reinforcing the avoidance of feeling my emotions fully. In any event, mindfulness isn't the same as meditation. Mindfulness involves an aspect of investigation that meditation may or may not contain. So why do you meditate? What are you trying to achieve with it?

I see what you mean. Regarding meditating, there were a few things I wanted to achieve. I've always had a very active mind, always thinking etc, so I wanted to still my mind so that it wasn't so noisy, which I've done. My mind isn't as busy as it used to be. The other thing being that I want to remember more of me, the full version of me and also, why I came to this planet.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 05-01-2017, 09:41 PM
Michelle11 Michelle11 is offline
Super Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 4,170
  Michelle11's Avatar
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTraveler
I see what you mean. Regarding meditating, there were a few things I wanted to achieve. I've always had a very active mind, always thinking etc, so I wanted to still my mind so that it wasn't so noisy, which I've done. My mind isn't as busy as it used to be. The other thing being that I want to remember more of me, the full version of me and also, why I came to this planet.

Those are definitely positive proactive uses of meditation. Maybe you can also add exploring your feelings to it as well. It does sound like it is opening you up and that you aren't using it as a crutch.
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) Spiritual Forums