Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 26-01-2018, 08:29 AM
Newbie ;)

Smile My OBE in 2010.

Hi,

I just thought I'd do a quick write up of my OBE which occured in 2010. At the time I was working as Course Leader at a University and under a lot of pressure for a 3 day course validation event by an external professional body to be successful so was working very long days leading up to the validation event.

One evening I was working till 1am on some documentation, so rather than disturb my wife I slept on a spare single bed in my son's room.

I'm not sure what the exact time was, but most likely between 2am and 5am, I (or some aspect of me) ended up in the far left corner of the room and I was looking back down onto my sleeping body and that of my son. I don't think it lasted that long but it was very real and I remember looking round the room and not knowing what to do next. I was also tethered to my body by a black cord emanating from the feet of my body (one from each foot). I also remember thinking 'This is really weird' and panicking and that seemed to bring the OBE to an end.

It's never occured again but it was quite a strange experience.

Best wishes,

Gurm
Old 27-01-2018, 09:27 AM
Ascender
Those are near classical signs of AP, Gurmb. The cord is usually reported as silver colour, but each experience is personal. Many projectors (myself included) never see any cord, but it is quite a common feature in accounts of AP.
Old 27-01-2018, 09:42 PM
Newbie ;)

Does the colour and the location of where the cord is attached have any relevance. I wish with hindsight that I'd not panicked and seen it through, but the unexpected nature of it was quite odd.

It's never happened again - the closest I've come are some very lucid dreams.

Best wishes,

Gurm
Old 28-01-2018, 01:36 PM
Ascender
I'm not sure about the colour, as it is almost always described as silver (or grey), but the location of the cord (where it is attached to the energetic body) seems to vary in the experiences of projectors. I have read accounts of people seeing it attached to their head, their abdomen or their feet. But as I said in previous post, many projectors do not see their silver cord at all. Seeing the cord is not an essential feature of AP.

If have had some lucid dreams, then you could always go down that route. Lucid dreaming is a "sister" technique to AP, but it is always linked with becoming aware during sleep - whereas AP can be achieved by going into trance from fully conscious.

Every best wish to you, Gurm!
Old 28-01-2018, 06:16 PM
Newbie ;)

Thank you.
Old 28-01-2018, 11:47 PM
Super Moderator
Yes gurmb, that sounds like a definite out-of-body experience.
I never saw a "cord" either during out-of-body experiences, or even sensed one, but many many projectors do.

I am wondering if you might like to read a book by William Buhlman, "Adventures Beyond the Body". It might give you some help and inspiration if you wish to focus on this and maybe take it further? There are other writers too....other books, but the Buhlman books are very good.
Old 29-01-2018, 11:42 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi Tobi,

Thanks for the reference - I've ordered a copy of the book. It's not something I ever thought about much and put it down as a strange experience, but having read the posts on this forum it's very intriguing.

Best wishes,

Gurm
Old 29-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Master
Great validation for you gurmb of 'other planes of reality'!

Whether one see's a energy tether and what color it is - is likely connected to how open one's third eye is and the type of OBE traveling one is doing. Astral Projectors regularly report seeing it.
That is OBE travel using the Astral body.

I'm a Conscious Projector and use the etheric body or travel as pure consciousness. I've never seen a cord of any type and neither has anyone I know who travels this way. The most we see of ourselves when OBE is a glowing egg shape and we see each other that way too, often recognizing each other by color. I have a group I regularly travel with, we go to fascinating places, both on world and off world and when we return draw what we've seen, and often where each other was in the scene. It's uncanny to line up these drawings, we even see each other often in the same color ranges. I'm the pink/violet glowing ball, T is orange, J is violet/blue, D is medium blue.

Conscious projection doesn't require going to sleep or some level of sleep, it happens instead from Theta brain wave state - a non thinking level of meditation. If your interested in this about 6 million was sunk into this by our government (USA) in the 70's through (still on going) and it's called ERV, extended Remote Viewing by them. (YouTube Ingo Swann - considered the grandfather of Remote Viewing)
In advanced practitioners it's complete site integration - sight, sound, taste, smell and feel.

Bi-location is another form accessible to those who practice No Mind Meditation. It can also be full site integration for advanced practitioners.

The point of telling you all this is if you are interested in doing it again and getting outside the room, there are numerous ways to do it - not just with the Astral Body.
Options are Good!
Old 30-01-2018, 08:53 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi,

Thanks - my book on how to experience out-of-body travel's arriving today and am looking forward to trying out the exercise in it.

Best wishes,

Gurm
Old 09-03-2018, 01:23 AM
Pathfinder

Crystalsong, do you mean when you are this egg shape of a color...

Is this related to the Orbs I have seen in photos, (not the dust particles...) but rather they are balls of color with an energy radiating outward from them...