Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 13-11-2018, 12:44 PM
Seeker

Targeted by Negative Energies or Plain Old Bad Luck With a Dash of Stupidity?

I am wondering whether I have been targeted by negative energies directed towards me and if so what I can do about it if anything. Over the last three or so years I have lost my life savings in the stock market. Over the same period the value of a house I bought in another state with my inheritance from my mother has gone down, whereas everywhere else house prices have gone up. The never ending bad luck investing has been greater than what probability would dictate - it has been a terrible downward financial decline.

Several months ago I had a life threatening health issue that came on fairly quickly which I will never fully recover from.

A number of my not huge circle of friends have had life changes that have taken them away from me emotionally and/or physically in recent years, and apart from my small immediate family I don’t have much support here.

My job has become more uncertain in the last few months – I don’t think there is any real issue there but more uncertainty in relation to my employment is definitely part of the downward spiral that has been my life in recent times.

I have never been blessed with much joy and my life has been unfortunate in many ways, but the noticeable deterioration in money, health and relationships in recent years has become rather disturbing. I am far from perfect – I am not a particularly good person and I’m not a genuinely bad person either - I have worked on trying to make myself a better person harder than most people can imagine but a lot of what a person is has been set in cement when they are little children. I have tried desperately over many years to improve myself, but with limited success.

As a result of all the bad luck in recent years the damage has been done and I told my wife a few weeks ago that it had broken me.

For months I racked my brains trying to think of whether there is anyone out there who would want to bring me down and I did think of an ex-girlfriend who I stopped seeing over thirty years ago. I googled her and saw that she is back living in my state after many years living elsewhere, as I understand it. Somehow I wouldn’t put it past her that after all this time she would seek to hurt me - I could have handled the end of the relationship with her a lot better than I did at the time. I can be quite abruptly dismissive in relationships unfortunately.

Anyway, last night I had a crystal clear dream about her. In the dream I saw her working at a large booth or stall in a shopping mall and I felt annoyed and told her to stop stalking me. In the second part of the dream I was in a nearby house and all the lights went out. Then I became aware this woman was there and had gone into a small room with my wife. They both came out and my dear wife was a thin black shadow and this other person was radiant and shimmering – my wife said words to the effect that I should be nicer to the ex (I haven’t seen the ex for decades, to be nice or not nice to her) and I felt an attractiveness towards the ex that I never really felt when I knew her.

I know people suffer from misfortune which is not the result of anyone else – I may just be a really, really terrible investor. Health issues can and do happen to anyone. I haven’t exactly worked hard on friendships and relationships, and some would say I am a bit destructive in this regard. Weird dreams happen all the time and this particular dream may just be symbolic and not reflect any actions on the part of another person in real life.

I’m putting this out there as honestly as I can. Even getting it into words has been good, and in doing so I’m in two minds as to whether there is something sinister happening, whether some sort of karma that may even involve past lives is catching up with me, if it's all the result of plain old bad luck and stupidity or whatever. I just don’t know, but either way I’ve had enough of whatever is going on, and any advice or assistance would really be appreciated.
Old 13-11-2018, 08:45 PM
Master

I am sorry to hear about your difficulties. As you say, it is hard to know whether there is anything sinister going on or if it is mundane bad luck or poor decisions or past karma. I suggest that the solution lies within you, and is not dependent on your unfortunate external circumstances.

Have you ever looked into ho'oponopono, a Hawaiian practice based on forgiveness? The basic principle is that each one of us is responsible for whatever manifests in our lives. Anything stressful which manifests is an opportunity to practise ho'oponopono.

So for example, imagine your ex and say the following four steps:
1. I am sorry for whatever I have done which might have hurt you.
2. Please forgive me for whatever I have done which might have hurt you.
3. Thank you.
4. I love you.

And as you do this towards the other person, you are also naturally doing it towards yourself. You can practise ho'oponopono towards other people such as your ex, or towards yourself and your circumstances, such as your financial decisions.

It is deceptively simple but it can be very effective. The important thing is to feel genuine remorse, forgiveness, gratitude and love. The good thing is that you can do these four steps without even knowing the original cause of any harm.

Good luck.

Peace.
Old 13-11-2018, 10:05 PM
Deactivated Account

I agree with iamthat that your misfortune may be more about how you see yourself rather than any outside influences. The fact that you're trying to 'be better' tells me you obviously don't like yourself or are feeling guilty about certain things. We all behave at some point in ways that on reflection could have gone better...just leave it at that and instead begin by being aware of the things you like about yourself and make that a conscious effort. You'll find after a while your energy changes and things will improve.

You could also try to figure out your attitude towards money in general...things like...do you believe money only comes with hard work? or, money eventually runs out and there's never enough? It can make a difference to be aware of those thoughts and try to find a better belief about abundance in an area where you are fruitful.

Hope things improve pretty quickly for you.
Old 13-11-2018, 11:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrJay
I am wondering whether I have been targeted by negative energies directed towards me and if so what I can do about it if anything. Over the last three or so years I have lost my life savings in the stock market. Over the same period the value of a house I bought in another state with my inheritance from my mother has gone down, whereas everywhere else house prices have gone up. The never ending bad luck investing has been greater than what probability would dictate - it has been a terrible downward financial decline.

Several months ago I had a life threatening health issue that came on fairly quickly which I will never fully recover from.

A number of my not huge circle of friends have had life changes that have taken them away from me emotionally and/or physically in recent years, and apart from my small immediate family I don’t have much support here.

My job has become more uncertain in the last few months – I don’t think there is any real issue there but more uncertainty in relation to my employment is definitely part of the downward spiral that has been my life in recent times.

I have never been blessed with much joy and my life has been unfortunate in many ways, but the noticeable deterioration in money, health and relationships in recent years has become rather disturbing. I am far from perfect – I am not a particularly good person and I’m not a genuinely bad person either - I have worked on trying to make myself a better person harder than most people can imagine but a lot of what a person is has been set in cement when they are little children. I have tried desperately over many years to improve myself, but with limited success.

As a result of all the bad luck in recent years the damage has been done and I told my wife a few weeks ago that it had broken me.

For months I racked my brains trying to think of whether there is anyone out there who would want to bring me down and I did think of an ex-girlfriend who I stopped seeing over thirty years ago. I googled her and saw that she is back living in my state after many years living elsewhere, as I understand it. Somehow I wouldn’t put it past her that after all this time she would seek to hurt me - I could have handled the end of the relationship with her a lot better than I did at the time. I can be quite abruptly dismissive in relationships unfortunately.

Anyway, last night I had a crystal clear dream about her. In the dream I saw her working at a large booth or stall in a shopping mall and I felt annoyed and told her to stop stalking me. In the second part of the dream I was in a nearby house and all the lights went out. Then I became aware this woman was there and had gone into a small room with my wife. They both came out and my dear wife was a thin black shadow and this other person was radiant and shimmering – my wife said words to the effect that I should be nicer to the ex (I haven’t seen the ex for decades, to be nice or not nice to her) and I felt an attractiveness towards the ex that I never really felt when I knew her.

I know people suffer from misfortune which is not the result of anyone else – I may just be a really, really terrible investor. Health issues can and do happen to anyone. I haven’t exactly worked hard on friendships and relationships, and some would say I am a bit destructive in this regard. Weird dreams happen all the time and this particular dream may just be symbolic and not reflect any actions on the part of another person in real life.

I’m putting this out there as honestly as I can. Even getting it into words has been good, and in doing so I’m in two minds as to whether there is something sinister happening, whether some sort of karma that may even involve past lives is catching up with me, if it's all the result of plain old bad luck and stupidity or whatever. I just don’t know, but either way I’ve had enough of whatever is going on, and any advice or assistance would really be appreciated.

Your story sounds familiar. You got hit almost simultaneously from several directions. At least it seems that your relationship with your wife is solid (you didn't complain about that).

I'd suggest you look into concepts like "we create our own realities based on our beliefs and our emotions", "we create thought forms that materialize and are attracted / attached to us (karma)", "why do we, humans, (re)incarnate", "what is your life-lesson for this life to learn / experience", "getting in touch with your higher non-physical guide", etc..

You can turn around your current streak of "bad luck".

It is possible that your thoughts about your old flame, and your recollection of mistreating her to be just a subconscious reaction to being hit from all sides, an attempt to find some logic, a justification, and a solution to make that stop. Thinking about that now might actually negatively affect your marriage, and that would be unfortunate, as it is one of the few solid things in your life currently.

Don't despair, as that will make you make more mistakes!

Try to do what you believe to be right in every situation you encounter, to behave as you think is right by your own judgement and morals, and expect that life will reward you with what you deserve. Don't overreact neither to good nor to bad external stimuli, as life rewards you on average, in time, as you deserve.

It is possible that you were meant to learn a lesson in this life and you haven't learned it so far. If you look back, you might discover that some of the challenges you are exposed today point you towards directions that you were also pointed to before. You didn't use those past opportunities, and the universe coerces you stronger now. Don't get upset, because it isn't helpful! Try to understand what's happening.

Good luck!
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 14-11-2018, 04:14 AM
Master
I am sorry to read about your misfortune. I also noticed that I am of similar age to your kind self, and it seems that those things which had once brought us happiness and stability in our earlier years, tends not to do so anymore once we hit our mid 50s.

Posting on a Spiritual Forum and looking at this in a spiritual way, there comes a time when we need to realise that true and lasting happiness and peace comes from within...and not as a result of material or transitory things...even relationships, because whatever is acquired on this physical plane can be removed or taken away, as it is said that the Lord does..
"giveth and taketh away" and when it is given, we are happy and when it is taken away, we become miserable... because we associate ourselves with being the "owner" of certain possessions..So when that is removed, so does the whole identification, so we become "one who USED to have good things" and that has no meaning whatsoever to our mind and ego at this time.

Whatever is non physical or spiritual, cannot be removed from us and it is the only thing we truly "own" , without there being an owner OF it, because of the universal nature of consciousness...So, we can only exist in that state before any association was ever made.

This may be of cold comfort, but stocks rise and fall... property prices rise and fall
.It is all cyclical, and to be caught up in that cycle can be nerve wracking..but There is a much greater reality and truth behind all of that.

I wish you all the best.
Old 14-11-2018, 06:19 PM
Knower
Both people in the dream represent you. The shadow self is telling you not to be so hard on yourself, the radiant self. You are now feeling more attracted to your radiant self.
Old 16-11-2018, 02:41 PM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrJay
Do yourself a favour and forget karma, it's only going to mess with your head and in this context it's a mentality and not a Universal Law. Same with negative energies. As for this ex-girlfriend who's out to get you.... That's what your dream is telling you, that she's over-shadowing your wife who - presumably as you don't mention her too much - still stays with you through all of this? And if your friends can't stay with you when the chips are down, what of them?

Have you ever thought about Life's Purpose/Karmic Obligations/Soul Contract? If we are 'here to learn the lessons' blah blah, then are there lessons here for you? The idea of being targeted by negative energies is victim mentality, really the Universe isn't out to get you. What it will do though is work with you and give you what you need - no guarantees given about what you want though.

When you start realising what this whole situation says about you, do you really want to be this person any more? What do you want to Live with in your heart, who do you want to be? Do you want to be 'woe is me' or can you move past it and make this work for you instead of against you?

You define you, not your experiences.
Old 16-11-2018, 06:40 PM
Deactivated Account

I have only read the title but usually I would say it's a bit of everything! I've had so much bad luck and psychic attacks in my life, but I haven't exactly been wise at the best of times either. I've had to learn to deal with the blows and turn them into positives.
Old 17-11-2018, 05:19 AM
Seeker

Thank you everyone who responded. So much wisdom! This forum is truly an oasis compared with the wider internet which is such a cesspool in many ways. The media ram horrors down our throats, people are at each other and there is so much negativity, but here you can communicate with good people about the more important things in life and beyond.

After thinking about what everyone has said, I have moved away from the idea I am in fact being targeted - I'm meditating so much now and I suspect because of it the focus on bad luck is being highlighted more than I would want and is a challenge to be met on the way to spiritual progress.

Thank you again everyone - you all had something considered and thoughtful to offer!