Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 10-01-2013, 05:13 PM
Master
What happened to SF website?

I tried to go to the SF website for 2 days (Jan. 9 and part of today, the 10th) and every time I got a message on my computer that I needed to type in my user name and password on my computer before allowed access to SF. This has never happened before. It said it would send my password unencrypted! I knew that something was wrong and wondered if someone had hacked into SF. I never entered my information, but just kept trying back. I tried on several computers with 3 different search engines. Finally today I was able to get to SF's website without that.

It never made sense because in order to join SF you have to be able to go to the website first. Do any admins know what happened for a few days?

Thank you kindly.

Blackraven
Old 10-01-2013, 05:17 PM
sesheta

I had the same thing happen last night! I was on here yesterday afternoon (Jan. 9) with no problem, then tried to come back in that night, and was asked for the login. It's fine now, so I assume it was something to do with the site - glad it's fixed, though...I was about to start feeling like someone took away my security blanket, lolol!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:28 PM
angelwhispers

I had trouble too. I hope it wasn't a hacker as i tried to reenter my password but only once.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:28 PM
Suspended
It managed to ascend to the sixth dimension, but due to LOA and the cries and wails of the members left with no comfort blanket, it returned.

Old 10-01-2013, 05:30 PM
Master

I have just returned after a nearly 24 hr switch off. I tried and tried and tried and here it is again!

Thank you for everyone who got it back and shame to me who realised the state of the addiction to this site.

Thank you admin and moderators and all who keep this place going.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:31 PM
amy green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatchit
It managed to ascend to the sixth dimension, but due to LOA and the cries and wails of the members left with no comfort blanket, it returned.

Very funny!

I know we're supposed to overcome desires but I openly confess this site is my comfort blanket (so shoot me now!)
So gooooood to get it back!

Yes, I second Belle's comment above. Must have been a tense time for SF staff here - so just want you all to know that your efforts are much appreciated. I hope it wasn't a hacker i.e. am sure other members had my experience of having to give my user name and password in the authentification request window... I am sure we will be told if there is any need to change our password.

Thanks again for helping us regain this site - the best spiritual forum on the net!!!

Last edited by amy green : 10-01-2013 at 07:10 PM.
Old 10-01-2013, 05:32 PM
Administrator
Hello everyone! I am working with the hosting company of SF to find out exactly what happened to SF. I am worried like you that it may have been a hacker. I have sent the hosting company all the error messages I received when the system got overloaded. The hosting company temporarily suspended the site due to the overload. Inspirit made some adjustments this morning, so we are back live, thank goodness. I am hoping we will be ok from here on out.

Thank you for your patience! I know it is so unsettling when these things happen. I feel so relieved we are back online!
Old 10-01-2013, 05:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonafox
Hello everyone! I am working with the hosting company of SF to find out exactly what happened to SF. I am worried like you that it may have been a hacker. I have sent the hosting company all the error messages I received when the system got overloaded. The hosting company temporarily suspended the site due to the overload. Inspirit made some adjustments this morning, so we are back live, thank goodness. I am hoping we will be ok from here on out.

Thank you for your patience! I know it is so unsettling when these things happen. I feel so relieved we are back online!

annonafox - Thank you for the update! I hope the hosting company gets to the bottom of what happened. Thank goodness SF is up and running again indeed.

Blackraven
Old 10-01-2013, 05:39 PM
Administrator
Yes, thank goodness :) :)
Old 10-01-2013, 05:52 PM
Sourcerer

Excellent!!!