Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Welcome to Spiritual Forums > Forum Help

Old 18-12-2011, 07:03 PM
Time

Difference between Chrome and IE?

Why are the tool bars different on this website when you use IE, or google chrome?
Old 18-12-2011, 07:04 PM
Master
No idea. Maybe cause the website is created with one browser in mind in general and the other browser is trying to adapt as well as it can?

Old 18-12-2011, 08:31 PM
Time

Could be it. But I would epect the script to be the same for each browser. I just find it odd that the actual user bar is different, as in there is no "my posts" section at all. I have to go through 5 or 6 things just to check my posts LOL
Old 18-12-2011, 08:36 PM
Master
I have tried chrome and regard it as "bad news". I had to do a complete reboot of my PC afterwards. Be cautious !
I use Firefox and am completely happy with that !
Old 18-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
I have tried chrome and regard it as "bad news". I had to do a complete reboot of my PC afterwards. Be cautious !
I use Firefox and am completely happy with that !

While there are some things that I like about Firefox my favorite being the built in spell checker that checks the posts while they are being made. Firefox does have its flaws as well. Firefox can also be very buggy. There are many a time when Firefox crashes on me for no reason. Or locks up in the middle of a post of reply and I have to exit it out of the reply and try again. There are also many websites that do not display properly because the plugin is not supported by Firefox.

While each and every browser has its ups and downs go with whichever one you find the most comfortable using.

Others have commented that Chrome has a problem displaying the tabs at the top. I have also had a problem with Safari doing the same thing.

Ie 9 and the way it caches cookies can make certain functions of forums not work as well as they should such as the new posts function of this forum.
Old 18-12-2011, 09:06 PM
Master
Yep, I gave Safari a go too. Not impressed, too intrusive. This week I downloaded Firefox V8 [?]. Lightning fast ! I now download albums from i-Tunes in a couple of minutes and there is a new menu of downloads to choose. IE - adverts are a pain !
Old 18-12-2011, 09:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Yep, I gave Safari a go too. Not impressed, too intrusive. This week I downloaded Firefox V8 [?]. Lightning fast ! I now download albums from i-Tunes in a couple of minutes and there is a new menu of downloads to choose. IE - adverts are a pain !

The other thing that annoys me about Firefox is that it mandates and forces you to update it... Or be annoyed with a pop up every time you try to use it about updating the browser.
Old 18-12-2011, 09:19 PM
midnightstar

I've tried IE, Firefox and Chrome and I'd say Firefox is my preference (Chrome tends to freeze up a lot when I'm trying to do emails and that's no good for me) and seems to be about as much use as a chocolate teapot. IE isn't much better in my opinion. Firefox I have never had any problem with so far
Old 18-12-2011, 09:27 PM
Neville

Another vote in favour of Firefox here.
Old 18-12-2011, 09:28 PM
midnightstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by innerlight
The other thing that annoys me about Firefox is that it mandates and forces you to update it... Or be annoyed with a pop up every time you try to use it about updating the browser.

Innerlight Firefox doesn't come up with pop ups here