Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Interfaith

Old 05-03-2012, 09:11 PM
Occultist

sorry it is insulting to me to believe my believe go door to door spreading crazy with pamphlets or my believe doesnt judge you an my believe would never be so arrogant to say there the only god all gods are me.
Frankly it is insulting to me believe and path. Every God is different not one the same. I am sorry but a Little touchy on this subject and no I dont worship the same God as you.
Old 06-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Toolite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
sorry it is insulting to me to believe my believe go door to door spreading crazy with pamphlets or my believe doesnt judge you an my believe would never be so arrogant to say there the only god all gods are me.
Frankly it is insulting to me believe and path. Every God is different not one the same. I am sorry but a Little touchy on this subject and no I dont worship the same God as you.

Hi Occultist!

Sending you a great big hug and smile I havent seen you over in mediumship for awhile. .

All The Glory Belongs To God Forever!
Old 10-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Master

There is only one God...but He has a thousand names.

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 11-03-2012, 04:20 AM
CatChild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fujiwara Kaito
^ This is the claim of most religions. ^

The Abrahamic religions believe that god created the universe.
Pagan religions usually believe that god IS the universe / nature.
Scientists can explain it with the big bang.
The Hindu believe that all of there gods are a part of the universe.

It seems to be true: the common belief that there is only one god.
Could it be, that all gods are just another face of the same? I think so.
All that is = all that is! we are a part of it!

Maybe it is time we all look god in the face, by looking within ourselves.
Then can we see the beauty in ALL religion.
I believe we all agree and that we just don't know it.
I see all religion as pieces of a spiritual puzzle. - one we have yet to finish -

Nice OP!

I enjoy seeing people focus more on the commonalities. Faiths are personal.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:26 AM
Tanith

My personal beliefs on deity are as many-faceted as most religions and the gods they all worship. When it comes down to it, I don't know anything, I can only go by what I feel is right for me. What feels right to me is that there is a Oneness that created Them.

Personally, I do believe in gods and goddesses and I believe in MANY such gods and goddesses.

However, I also believe that man created the gods, not the other way around. So yes, there are many gods and goddesses and they may or may not be one and the same.

I honor many and all gods and goddesses because I feel as if they are deserving of my respect; someone somewhere at some point in history honored and revered them, and therefore that makes them as real as anything else.
Old 11-03-2012, 04:40 AM
Master
God is only a name we toy with, until we realize that we are all ONE, and that there is nothing outside this Oneness, the word god is now useless to us.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:37 AM
Sankhara

'Truth is one, the sages speak of it by many names'. Some interesting thoughts. For me the term God and the various images, ideas and concepts surround the word are merely mankinds feeble attempt to cloath the mystery of divinity in language. Now this concept varies from culture to culture but all the different interpretations are but reference to something higher ( consider Plato and his theory of forms). Despite all of this the notion of divinity implies a certain unity, a 'oneness' as some of you have stated. Since our universe is dualistic, the 'oneness' of divinity would imply that our universe descended from this wholeness into the dual material world we occupy. The one becoming many. 'God' for me is the source of all things.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:48 AM
Narcissus

If we take god individually or numerically there are zillions of gods, uncountable, for each of what is in this cosmology nothing other than God or the manifestation of God. I do not want personalize God. God is something universal and all of us are part of God and are thus integral to or God.
Old 12-03-2012, 10:38 PM
Sumo

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
God is only a name we toy with, until we realize that we are all ONE, and that there is nothing outside this Oneness, the word god is now useless to us.

I love your comment!
Old 14-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Master
Just sharing . In my current opinion , the only "ONE" in all "being" is OWNSELF . The only "one" to understand , to discover , to accept is "OWNSELF"....nothing is more "greater" than OWNSELF .Nothing is greater or lesser than me .Thats buddhism that I currently understand .
Thks
CSEe